Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:33 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nice win by the team and using a different lineup as well as Lasme and BWright played a bit. Seattle also looks alright, especially with Wilkins and Wally playing well. If they get both Collison and Wilcox working the inside fairly well and have Wally, Wilkins and Durant playing well also, with their passing PGs Ridnour and Watson doing their job, they could surprise everyone. They need to stay healthy ofcourse and Wally for one just doesn't do that anymore

Seattle should tank the season since the very first game. They have a nice foundation for a good team there... but don't have enough talent to win consistently.

Barring injuries, they have enough talent in the right places to win at least 30 games, not that that is anything great but they are not that bad. Thing is, injuries always happen and Wally, a major player for them for them to have a chance of being a winner, is always injured

I agree with that. Seattle's main issue is obviously inexperience, as their core right now is rookies (Durant and Green), who could possibly do something in a couple years. Wally won't be effective on the Sonics because they don't have an offensive big (I don't consider Durant because his main weapon is his perimeter/shooting) to draw double teams.

I think Wally can still be a very good player and with good rebounding and defending bigs, like Wilcox and Collison, along with another good scorer, like Durant, he can be real good again. Ridnour and Watson are very good playmakers and that rounds out a possibly good team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:29 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nice win by the team and using a different lineup as well as Lasme and BWright played a bit. Seattle also looks alright, especially with Wilkins and Wally playing well. If they get both Collison and Wilcox working the inside fairly well and have Wally, Wilkins and Durant playing well also, with their passing PGs Ridnour and Watson doing their job, they could surprise everyone. They need to stay healthy ofcourse and Wally for one just doesn't do that anymore

Seattle should tank the season since the very first game. They have a nice foundation for a good team there... but don't have enough talent to win consistently.

Barring injuries, they have enough talent in the right places to win at least 30 games, not that that is anything great but they are not that bad. Thing is, injuries always happen and Wally, a major player for them for them to have a chance of being a winner, is always injured

I agree with that. Seattle's main issue is obviously inexperience, as their core right now is rookies (Durant and Green), who could possibly do something in a couple years. Wally won't be effective on the Sonics because they don't have an offensive big (I don't consider Durant because his main weapon is his perimeter/shooting) to draw double teams.

Yeah, they're good enough to win 25 games, at least. But they should tank from the very beginning and try to get some young kids and/or picks to build for the future in exchange for guys like Kurt Thomas, Wally or Watson. Winning 25 or 30 games this year will do more harm than good. It's not like they have a chance to sneak into the playoffs or something like that.

migya wrote:I think Wally can still be a very good player and with good rebounding and defending bigs, like Wilcox and Collison, along with another good scorer, like Durant, he can be real good again. Ridnour and Watson are very good playmakers and that rounds out a possibly good team

I think they'll try to trade him. The problem is that he has a big contract with still two years left. It will be easier to do it next year.

Wally can still help a good team (he can't have forgotten how to shoot), but he's not worth $12 million. He's clearly not on Seattle's long term plans, tho, so I'm pretty sure they will try to find someone willing to trade for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 am
I never think that a team should try to tank the upcoming season when they already have a fair number of good, young talented players. You always need two or three veterans to go with that young talent, like the early 1990s Seattle team. Durant, Jeff Green and bigs like Collison, Wilcox and Petro (or one of the other two Centers), are that young talent and veteran players are needed, which they have in Wally and Ridnour and Watson. That team has every position covered with decent talent at least

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads