YES
62%
NO
38%

Total votes : 37

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:37 pm
That is one thing I didn't understand. Despite Boozer's importance to the Jazz offense and rebounding Houston and Golden State never really designed some defensive plays to ruffle his feathers. I could be wrong maybe there are plays and he is just able to get the better of them.
To me the playoffs are about adjustments. After the game or the next day you watch game footage and try to figure out where things went wrong and where they went right. That's why it is sooo different from the regular season. You get to play the same team consecutively and it is just a matter of time before you are able to exploit their weaknesses. In the Houston-Utah series they changed up the defenders on T-Mac constantly and even though he would get at least 20 points he had to expend a lot more energy to get them. Fatigue is a big key especially in close games. Who has the better finish. I think one of the main keys to Utah's success thus far has been the strength of Boozer and either an inability or unwillingness to slow him down.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 pm
rnst_p wrote:If they can take this game then it will go 7... just hope the Salt Lake City refs and Pietrus don't screw us again.

Will there ever be a time when you don't blame the refs? Are you that myopic that you can only see calls going against your team? Maybe, just maybe, there have been calls that went against the Jazz that were as "bad" as a call against your team. If the so-called "bad calls" are a wash, then that means the Jazz have been generally outplaying the Warriors, and that's why they are up 3-1.

Once you liberate yourself from victim status, you will be set free.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:56 pm
I think they can pull it off, lets hope they do....

If they do its 3-2 coming back to Oaktown...

Warriors by 4

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:57 pm
Robinzine wrote:
rnst_p wrote:If they can take this game then it will go 7... just hope the Salt Lake City refs and Pietrus don't screw us again.

Will there ever be a time when you don't blame the refs? Are you that myopic that you can only see calls going against your team? Maybe, just maybe, there have been calls that went against the Jazz that were as "bad" as a call against your team. If the so-called "bad calls" are a wash, then that means the Jazz have been generally outplaying the Warriors, and that's why they are up 3-1.

Once you liberate yourself from victim status, you will be set free.

Its only when whoever you are rooting for loses, that there is complaints about the refs... I have not seen any major differences in the refs or anything to sway any game.. its been equal officiating both teams... both teams have not gotten calls, both teams have gotten calls they should not have.

And, it is simple, the jazz are outplaying the warriors, thats why its a 3-1 series lead... but warriors proved in game 3 they can blow the jazz out.. it seems if its a tight contested back and forth game, that is advantage to the jazz, the warriors have shown they can not finish the game, they just dont show up in the the last 3-5 min of the game.. in order for warriors lead they have to get out to a early lead in the game, or a huge lead right after half time if its close.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:40 pm
Just have to wonder how much they have left in the tank. This team has managed to cover up its flaws with heart and passion, which sometimes turns into a flaw itself.

If the Warriors start strong I think they can win this game or make it highly entertaining. If they start off slow or get behind early they might just shoot 40 3's.

Either way, I have never been so proud of this team. They have made us the envy of the sports world. Fans are trying to copy us, teams are gonna try to be like us. Were not perfect. Were Warriors.

Come on, one more win...then come home for the praise you deserve. Win or lose at the "Big O", this team deserves to be carried off the court.

Trolloc

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:41 pm
DONT PLAY PIETRUS, BRING IN KALENNA AZIBUKE!!!

Warriors win by 8. Close game, and Warriors pull a late run to take the series back to the Oracle..........

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:24 pm
chriscr0ss wrote:DONT PLAY PIETRUS, BRING IN KALENNA AZIBUKE!!!

Warriors win by 8. Close game, and Warriors pull a late run to take the series back to the Oracle..........

Yes, and maybe others. The fatigue was obvious and that led to missed shots. K.Az's absence is kind of a mystery. He holds his own and doesn't turn the ball over very much.

It might be too late to use the reserves now because they haven't seen any action to speak of and are probably pretty rusty. I wish Nelson had gone deeper into the bench all along. I think that was a flaw in his plan.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:55 pm
jazzin6 wrote:
blacksheep589692 wrote:[

Phx hasnt made it to the finals and it doesnt look like they're going to this year, one big doesnt seem to help them much.

Ok, how about 2 bigs or a medium like Millsap? We'll take Millsap and Collins for Davis :mrgreen:

no way jose. millsap has a heart bigger than the whole warriors team

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:57 pm
socawarriors wrote:I think it will do the NBA community good to see this series continue for as long as possible (or 7 games whichever comes first)
Everyone who has watched the warriors play has to admit, even die hard jazz and mavs fans that they made the playoffs a whole lot more exciting.

yes, its much more thrilling to be beating the latest darlings of the nba...and to make non-believers out of "Believers"...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Monta Ellis get's the start 8) Let's Go Warriors...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:43 pm
Should be an exciting game for the Warriors :D I believe they can make it 3-2

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:57 pm
this lineup is working amazingly so far :-o

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:58 pm
well its a good start..what's helping the Warriors is their speed..that's my belief what do you guys think?

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:59 pm
They look much more in control. I give Nellie credit the team looks ready to go.

So much for worrying about their poise. :D

Trolloc
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 pm
Banzai wrote:well its a good start..what's helping the Warriors is their speed..that's my belief what do you guys think?

Jackson has been awful from the perimeter the entire series. At some point we need him to break out of his slump. Ellis is playing well early in this game. We need to convert on most our Utah's turnovers.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads