NO
38%

Total votes : 37

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:19 pm
jazzin6 wrote:
blacksheep589692 wrote:[

Phx hasnt made it to the finals and it doesnt look like they're going to this year, one big doesnt seem to help them much.

Ok, how about 2 bigs or a medium like Millsap? We'll take Millsap and Collins for Davis :mrgreen:

milsap for harrington
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:08 am
The team should go out and have fun, play loose. They have done more than most expected and this is the end of small expectations for this team, from now on they will be expected to make the playoffs every season and with good reason.

I want to pick the Warriors to win but think the Jazz will pull it out but........

Warriors by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:07 am
We were close to get a win in the first two games. I can't see a rease why we cannot win now.

So... Dubs by 4. Let's make the Jazz sweat a bit more.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:21 pm
Jazz Punk Rocker wrote:Although its very possible the Jazz can lose, I think you would be too confident voting for the Warriors winning.

Well, the question is "CAN" the Warriors win in Utah...

Even if its a small chance, the Warriors are a momentum team that gets hot really quickly. Ask the best team in the league.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:11 pm
32 wrote:
Jazz Punk Rocker wrote:Ask the best team in the league.

Yeah, I think Sloan would agree with that. 8) :) :wink:
Image Image

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:29 pm
I think it will do the NBA community good to see this series continue for as long as possible (or 7 games whichever comes first)
Everyone who has watched the warriors play has to admit, even die hard jazz and mavs fans that they made the playoffs a whole lot more exciting.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:54 pm
socawarriors wrote:I think it will do the NBA community good to see this series continue for as long as possible (or 7 games whichever comes first)
Everyone who has watched the warriors play has to admit, even die hard jazz and mavs fans that they made the playoffs a whole lot more exciting.

yeah i agree with you on that.
Image Image

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:56 pm
blacksheep589692 wrote:milsap for harrington

no way... millsap still has two years left on his contract for around 600K and 800K
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 pm
Warriors by 5.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:25 pm
socawarriors wrote:I think it will do the NBA community good to see this series continue for as long as possible (or 7 games whichever comes first)

Very true. The playoff this year would've never been been this tempting to watch. A cinderella team upsetting the first seed and now in the 2nd round. Knowing Stern, he's going to find a way to continue this entertaining series. Full of emotion, full of excitement, and living up to its hype.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:04 am
xbaywarrior wrote:[ Knowing Stern, he's going to find a way to continue this entertaining series. Full of emotion, full of excitement, and living up to its hype.

Yikes, what does THAT mean? Does Stern tell the refs "make sure W's win tonight"? If Stern has anything to do with who wins or loses I would officially hate this game.

Its gonna be a dog fight tonight, hope the refs let the boys play, may the best team of the night come out on top. If Jazz win, national sports writers can go back to ignoring them, fans can continue riffing on how boring they are. If W's win, the storybook season has major new life, national fervor for Cinderella hits new heights.

Be honest, have the Jazz been playing boring ball? Win or lose, even a grudging prop for the least liked team in the league?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:07 am
jazzin6 wrote:Be honest, have the Jazz been playing boring ball? Win or lose, even a grudging prop for the least liked team in the league?

They're not the least liked. The Spurs are that team... and both of them are pretty good teams. Nobody is saying they aren't.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:20 am
I'd like to see the team get physical with Boozer. A guy like Pietrus can use up alot of his fouls coming over and going hard at Boozer when he is in. I reckon trying to rattle the Jazz main players, such as Boozer and deron might be effective. Okur can be guarded singley by Biedrins, Pietrus, Barnes etc. Doubling Boozer is a real option and I'd rather see AK take some shots more often away from the basket. Defense will be key for the team because if they can make the Jazz take more jumpers again, it will be a big plus

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:27 am
well for the normal bball fan sitting at home or in the stands, they'd like to see more action. If you have a slow it down, grind it out type of game that does get boring to a lot of fans. The only other way to hype up bball as is with any sport is an epic rivalry like with the Bulls and the Jazz last decade or maybe with Shaq and The dream. That got me watching the NBA when the warriors were out and about setting up their lottery pick...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:44 am
As for the Warriors. Obviously, it is a must win. They have to clear their minds and come out focused and loose. Since they play a very quick up and down game, fatigue will set in. For once Barkley did have a good point about fatigue getting the best of the warriors, but a lot of it is in their head. Take it from a person who has practiced martial arts to the point where I started to dry heave. The only thing to do is to focus mentally. Then the warriors will play like I believe they can play.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads