YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 26

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:01 pm
32 wrote:Its like I've said from the beginning: THE FIRST TEAM TO WIN ON THE ROAD TAKES THE SERIES.

I, personally, don't think the Jazz can win in the Oracle. But thats just me.

agree and agree
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:57 pm
Warriors bounce back to tie the series. No way we drop two straight, it's not Warrior basketball to lose consecutive times when the know it's important. Best you believe that. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:08 pm
I love the W's but the Jazz big front line negates what the W's do! AK is driving SJax to another technical or getting thrown out the game!

I don't think the W's can win all three games at home. Maybe 2 out of 3 but not all 3!

Tomm is a must win game for the Dubs!

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:08 pm
dont forget this game starts at 6 pacific :banghead:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 pm
J-Rich wrote:I love the W's but the Jazz big front line negates what the W's do! AK is driving SJax to another technical or getting thrown out the game!

I don't think the W's can win all three games at home. Maybe 2 out of 3 but not all 3!

Tomm is a must win game for the Dubs!

nice confidence. Dude Boozer yes Imposing, Okur no not imposing.
and if we go right at AK his shot blocking is not a factor, ie Baron last night.
COME ON GO DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Warriors bounce back to tie the series. No way we drop two straight, it's not Warrior basketball to lose consecutive times when the know it's important. Best you believe that. :wink:

its not Warrior basketball to make the playoffs, so who knows, weird **** has been happening.
Image Image

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm
This is a really important game... especially since Jackson might miss games 3 and/or 4 because of court.

It's a catch-22 for the W's... playing the bigger players and have everyone rebound will mean less running and more half-court play, but letting the Jazz get second chances on nearly half of their misses makes it really tough to win. I think we should play the same way as game 1 and just have the 4 and 5 commit to boxing out and not running.

Anyway, I just hope they have different announcers for this game. Reggie Miller doesn't even know the players names and has a mouth full of marbles. Dick Stockton sounds like a pre-programmed robot.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm
zshook wrote:nice confidence. Dude Boozer yes Imposing, Okur no not imposing. and if we go right at AK his shot blocking is not a factor, ie Baron last night.
COME ON GO DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okur not imposing, hmm 21 points 11 rebouds, 3 threes, and 3 steals while being an all-star this year doesn't sound too imposing to me, but Boozer who shot 6 out of 15 with 5 turnovers and 5-8 FTs and being stuffed by Beans and Harrington does sound pretty imposing.
Image Image

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:06 pm
If I were Nellie I'd put Barnes on DWilliams from the onset of the game! D Will ain't that quick and by putting Barnes on him it would disrupt their game! Also it would keep BD out of foul trouble!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:08 pm
It's no use putting in AB in the game! Utah's big seem to always give him problems!

Just play Al until he fouls out! I don't know why he only played something like 25-28 minutes last night?

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 pm
zshook wrote:Baron said at half time that the team was sick, with the flu, so maybe they can shake it off and come out with some energy.
Ws by 10.
and finish the series in 6.

Yeah, so was Jordon :roll: I agree about Fish, been hating on him most of the year but apparently the team likes him, been a leader, good sport, all that. Still, good to see rookie Dbrown shake and bake a bit, and again, our other rookie Brewer dropped 21 on your head in the regular season from the 2 spot. Did I mention the Jazz were young and we got Millsap?
Be nice to us or we will bring democracy to your country.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:01 pm
Jesus christ stop telling us how Brewer "dropped 21 on our heads" the guy has one good game against us and all of a sudden he's our "killer" or something like that....what happened the other 3 games, did he even play? You know Adonal scored 21 points in a game this one time, this ONE time....
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:48 am
I think al should be inserted into the starting lineup this time. He can spread the floor like Okur does. But like with most ppl are saying, the game pretty much depends on how Baron's legs can hold up with the spotlight on both pgs.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:59 am
Going into game 2, it seems most Warrior fans feel that Game 1 was a moral victory, and that with the proper adjustments they can steal a win in game 2. While I will admit that GS is capable off leaving with a Game 2 victory, I think it's pretty short-sighted not to realize that the Jazz will also be making adjustments. Just because they were the team that one the other night doesn't mean they won't be able to improve on some things. As a matter of fact, I believe Utah has already been the first team in this series to adjust: holding GS to 46 2nd half points in game 1.

I think there is also a false sense among Warrior fans who are feeling that Utah played a "near perfect" game the other night. That's far from fact. Usually, when Utah has 20+ turnovers and Boozer shoots 5-16 from the field Utah isn't going to beat anybody. If anything, you might want to be a little nervous because those 2 things aren't that likely to happen again. Also, including the playoffs the Warriors have a whopping 13 road wins. I don't think a game 2 win in Utah is such a certain thing for GS.

I think this game is the most critical of the series. If Utah goes up 2-0, they could concievably lose 3 out of the next 4 and still finish with a game 7 at home. That would be pretty daunting for the Warriors. On the other side, if GS knots this thing up at 1-1 I think Utah is in trouble. I think they are capable of stealing a win in Oakland, but it would be very, very difficult and it's not something you want to depend on just in order to keep a series going.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:44 pm
Win or lose, this is THE best series I've seen from the NBA of late. Keep it up Warriors! I know you guys can pull it out and steal one in Game 2! We just have to keep Boozer and williams quiet (which is NOT easy by all means) and we should win if we are on top of things.

LETS GO WARRIORS DUN..DUN.. DUNDUNDUN LETS GO WARRIORS!!!!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads