Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2007-05-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors clinch the series at home?

Poll ended at Thu May 03, 2007 9:43 pm

YES
93%
NO
7%

Total votes : 27

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 pm

I loled at getting 50 on your SATs.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:18 am
WOOOHOOOOOO!!! was at the game, lost my damn voice man, dying to see this on tv again...where can i watch it?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:05 am
This is the sports equivalent of William Hurt in Broadcast News. What happens when your reality exceeds your dreams?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 am
Greatest game I have ever been to. Wow
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:50 am
FUK YEA!!!!

This is probably the best moment in nba history for me! This team is for real and they deserve nothing but praise and joy!

Absolute thrashing, a great way to win! Baron is true MVP caliber and he fought through pain again. SJackson is turning into the 2nd best player for the team, not far off Baron either. Clutchness and opposite of that by Dirkdog who will likely now not get MVP! Props to all the fans that willed the team on and we all get our rewards for years of the losing.

Bring on either the rockets or Jazz, who are going to a game 7, meaning more rest for Baron and the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:16 am
UNSTOPPABLE, BABY

TRUE WARRIORS

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 am
What a win last night!! The first thing I want to say is that this whole series, the crowds in Oakland have been fantastic!! They blow away any other home crowd in the NBA with the noise, energy and overall excitement. I hope this continues in the next round.

The second thing I want to say is that this team truly plays like a bunch of Warriors. I thought the Warriors might be in a bit of trouble last night when Baron tweaked his hamstring, but in true Warrior fashion, he labors through the pain the entire evening and has a heck of a game. Baron is pure class out on the court.

I also can't say enough about the play from both Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes. While Jackson was making all those threes, it was his relentless defense on Dirk Nowitzki that seems to be getting overlooked. He played as good a defensive series on the MVP than any other single play in my many years watching basketball. He nearly single-handedly took Dirk out of each game. That is no small feat.

Barnes was also tremendous. His energy, enthusiasm and ability to do little things on the floor enabled the Warriors to win this series. He also had some timely three pointers.

Overall, a great team effort. I hope this continues in the next round. It is a great day to be a Warriors fan!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:47 am
Hey, Stephen Jackson has been a revelation lately for the team and he may be the player that makes this team an elite team. The trade of dun and Murphy for Harrington and SJackson looks more and more like an absolute robbery! Jackson has been playing like an all defensive player and like an allstar, similar to the way Ron Artest played three seasons ago for the Pacers. SJackson can basically guard thre positions, SG, SF and PF, depending on the PF but Dirk is big and he handled him well!

Let's all look at it - Monta wasn't much in this series, neither was Harrington and Biedrins, though Biedrins had his moments the last two games but nothing really special. This series was won on the backs of Baron and SJackson, with a fair bit of JRich and Barnes. Pietrus and Monta had a couple of good performances but it was the big three that did most of it. If Monta, Harrington and Biedrins or Pietrus or two of those four, can show up more often in the 2nd round, the team will be hard to beat, provided that the big three play somewhat like they did in the 1st round. This team has alot of talent and is very versatile

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:38 pm
I have nothing against the Rockets or the Jazz, but C'MON we just beat the BEST team in the league. We are the team that no one wants to play against simply because we play with so much passion!

BTW... Monta and AL needs to give us something in the next series, or else its inevitable that our stars will run out of gas...

AB was productive last night if you asked me. Couple of blocks, and free throws and protecting the boards!

The difference between last nights game and the one before - we were afraid to shoot Tuesday night at the end of the game, this time, J Rich learned and shot at will when he was open!!! SO much for those nay-sayers who says we cant close out!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:14 pm
Ab had 12pts, 12reb. pretty good.I sure hop BD is ok, but I think as well as alot of other sports talk Im hearing that we should be able to handle either the Rockets, or the Jazz.
Western Conf finals here we come. Who woula thunk it?
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:17 pm
TMC wrote:UNSTOPPABLE, BABY

TRUE WARRIORS

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

J rich have a kid
This is the year
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:26 pm
Apparently he has a few :wink:

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:42 pm
One of the best sporting moments I've ever seen. Only thing that pisses me off is that I had to watch the play by plays at work. Better than nothing I guess, and I'm pretty sure everyone at work now thinks I'm on drugs, lol. I was jumping up and down, pumping my fist and laughing.

Well I guess this means I'm up for another tattoo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Talk about the perfect reason to get inked again. But I might just wait and see how far we get till I finalise something hey....

Also, I think I'm gonna need to get one of these We Believe T-Shirts....although I don't know why anyone would wanna part with one....I wouldn't.

Anyways guys, I think I also need to add an apology to Baron Davis here. Earlier this season I got down on him about taking to many 3's and fade aways....was even thinking he'd be good in a trade. All I can say is....I take it all back.

BARON DAVIS! YOU ARE THE F*CKING MAN!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:49 am
breezer_79 wrote:Anyways guys, I think I also need to add an apology to Baron Davis here. Earlier this season I got down on him about taking to many 3's and fade aways....was even thinking he'd be good in a trade. All I can say is....I take it all back.

I must apologize, too. I've never doubted him as a player, but I've probably been too critical about his "injury proneness" (I don't even know if this word exists... but whatever). During this series (and the end of the season) he has played through pain and led the team to one of the biggest shockers in NBA history. And we should just rejoice to have him on the team, so...

BARON DAVIS! YOU ARE THE F*CKING MAN! :headbang:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:18 am
It's like we just won the NBA Championship. It's amazing. I've never felt so energized and hyped up about anything before. The Warriors beating the Mavs, making history, developing a bit more respect... it's great. Baron Davis revived his career this season. With his best career, he blows out his knee but returns to help end a drought. Quitter? Never, word to that. Stephen Jackson was absolutey huge, showed a ton of passion, and kept this team energized to keep fighting no matter what life handed to them. Al Harrington struggled this series, but he had to go through hell playing at center during the run for the playoffs. Richardson had to face a surgically repaired knee and broken hand. Others like Monta and Biedrins for breaking out, showing us promise and future phenoms in the making. No names such as Barnes, Powell, Azubuike for coming out of no where and making the call when needed the most. Jasi, Foyle, Caparkapa... those two of 'em didn't play much and the other was in a dress suit the whole season, they kept their poise and never stopped supporting. Mullin, for making a huge trade that'll make up for all the missed players from recent years and bringing back the man who last brought the Warriors to the playoffs. The coaching, Nellie. The messiah, his fascinating coaching and will to give up a hammock in Maui to revive the Warriors back to playoff power. The fans... where would these Warriors be without 'em? 13 years out, a new era begins. A new era of high expectations. And lemme tell you, the Warriors are ready. These Warriors have finally made 13 years of frustration into something. I'm just damn proud to be a Warriors fan. Do you believe now? Best you believe that. UNSTOPPABLE, BABY! :D
Previous

Return to Game Threads