Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2007-04-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors end their playoff drought against Dallas?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:13 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Dallas Mavericks (66-14) @ Golden State Warriors (40-40)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Jason Richardson
PF - Stephen Jackson
C - Al Harrington

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Terry
SG - Devean George
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - DeSagana Diop

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.4) | D. Nowitzki (24.7)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.5) | D. Nowitzki (9.0)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | J. Terry (5.2)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | D. Harris (1.2)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.7) | D. Diop (1.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 pm
Suns beat the Clippers
Warriors beat the Mavs
We all get drunk and celebrate
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:16 pm
I propose a party, knuckles at the Hyatt? Dave and Busters at the great mall?.. I need to get slittered with people who will be as hysterical as I am...

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:18 pm
We have one more game after this game Krome, so we won't end our season after this game just yet. Btw, it's cool.

Nothing is a given. One game at a time. Avery said he'd play his guys less than 26 minutes, but it turned out that Terry, Howard, Nowitzki and their rotation for the minutes they receive during the season. I know, our small ball lineup sure does bother them, but I have a feeling the Mavs are going to come at us. They want to prove something, make a statement that if we face them, this is what the Warriors will receive. In other words, a little taste of what may happen.

But as a Warriors fan.... We're going to kick their ass out of the building. Not in our house! Last home game of the season, the Oracle will be rockin'. Whoever is going.... HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE GAME!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:21 pm
I am hoping for the scenario I mention so Warriors can just rest their players up in Portland for the last game of the season.

Though Portland is another team they would like to get revenge with when Baron missed only that game since coming back from his injury.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:23 pm
That's true. And with Roy, Aldridge, and Randolph out... it'd be great to rest our starters. Play 'em still of course, but let guys like 'Buike, Powell, Foyle and ect. to play more.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:19 pm
Whose going to the ****ing game on tues!!! It's gonna be a mad house there!!! I wanna met some of you board members I'll be in sec 215 row 14 nosebleeds!!! Go ****ing W's!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:41 pm
I think the NBA is so damn funny...

Besides scoring, the Warriors' individual leader beats out the Mavericks' in every statistical category (blocks, rebounds, assists, steals)... yet, they're a 66-win team right now and we're a 40-win team. And I've noticed this sort of thing all year; where a Warrior player leads most categories against their counterparts, yet the other team usually has a better record.

Kinda strange.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:58 pm
I will be partying and getting drunk on teus. either way as I will be turning 21 but if the warriors clinch it will be the BEST BDAY EVER!!!!!!!!!! I am going to Vegas on the weekend and I hope to be able to hit up a sportsbar to watch the W's play the Mavs in the first round! [-o<
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:00 pm
You really can't look at us as the same team earlier in the year, with this roster healthy all season we win at least 50 games. But i somewhat see what you mean when looking a the stats.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:13 pm
I'm going to be at this game.

Face/Body Painting and Everything.

Warriors by 100.
New. Stuff.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:08 am
If the Warriors bring it like they brought it to them last time, the Mavs will be afraid.....they will be very afraid.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:15 am
Jackson didn't play like how he has these past weeks. I thank for that because I'd love to see him save it for the Mavs. I'll be near courtside, just a few rows behind Bob and Jim. What's funny is that the last Warrior game I saw at the (then-Arena in Oakland) Oracle was in fact, against the Mavs where they completely own-dizzled.

Wish I could go to Baron's party, I had a chance at tickets, but I forgot I had my thinking classes today and the boring, sleeping ones on Tuesday so I had to back off 'em.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:24 am
Damn, I am leaving the country from Tuesday-Saturday, so will have to rely on espn and this board for the 411. I fully believe that when I return the Ws will be getting ready for their first game against the Mavs in the playoffs and Migya will have purchased me a gift certificate at BevMo, which I will happily redeem for a delicious bottle of:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:00 am
The team has to win this game and it will be interesting to see what Dalas offers up.

Colt, that bottle will be yours gladly :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Game Threads