Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win another one on the road against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 20

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:34 pm
Jim and Fitz were right, that rim was jinxed. The Warriors couldn't score down the stretch. It was a tough lost, but hey, can't expect to win every game.

Anyone goin' to the GSoM night? I was, but then I realized I'm in Miami. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 pm
Good effort and should carry over to the next game

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:16 am
J-Rich and Harrington aren't clutch players they had excellent halves and they both did a disappearing act in the 3 and 4th qtrs!!! Refs calling too many calls against the W's. Jazz went to the line too many times!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 am
Shiit happens

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:50 am
migya wrote:Shiit happens

Nice way to summarize the game. But mine is better: :wink:

btw, lets give praise where praise is due. Boozer got 21 boards, almost as much as the whole Ws team (I haven't checked the numbers, but must be close). Deron had 17 assists... Utah played their game and won in a close one. We were just too tired in the second half.

Finally, what a steal the Jazz got with Millsap... Perfect definition of a role player.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 am
Tough loss last night. The Warriors, as others have mentioned, just seemed to run out of gas in the fourth quarter. Baron seemed to be laboring through what I thought was pain or exhaustion on the floor in that fourth quarter. He made some big shots, but needed some help.

As big of a Monta fan as I am, he was horrible last night. Turnovers, a few missed shots and his general presence on the floor was non-existent. I am wondering if he is "hitting the wall" as young players do some times. For the Warriors sake, I hope not.

Bench production was nothing last night. Between Monta's off night and Pietrus's lack of involvement in the offense, the Warriors relied too heavily on their starters and while the first half was good, the jumpers stopped falling and the Warriors were swimming upstream for most of the second half doing all they could to avoid the inevitable.

It was not a bad loss in the sense that it will mess the team's minds and psyche, but they do need to come out strong on Friday night against the Wizards at home. That is a big game with games against the LA Lakers, Phoenix and San Antonio coming up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:45 am
If Monta is "hitting the wall", it is very late to be hitting it as that is something that usually happens to rookies at around January/February. Just an off game and he'll likely have a big one over the next week

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:49 am
i hope ur right about monta. i miss the old monta :cry:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:33 am
Sorry to see the loss. The team played great in the first half, though that 55% on three pointers was too good to be true, and of course left them in the second half.

As for the refs, well, the W's are almost always behind in the FT count. Its true for nearly every game. We have to expect that. Its not always easy to get over, but its there. Part of it is the lack of W's driving to the basket in traffic, part is all the hands reaching in for steals, and part is the lack of respect the W's get.

Lets make the playoffs, ignore the refs, and earn the respect for next year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 pm
You hate to blame it on the refs... but come on. The BS no-calls whenever Baron got clobbered, the entire 4th quarter for Stephen Jackson (not to mention the foul-out call, which was dispicable), and even little shiit (like the BS traveling call on Harrington) all proved to be too much for Golden State.

Yes, Boozer and Williams played well. But the ref's clearly stole one from the Warriors.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm
32 wrote:You hate to blame it on the refs... but come on. The BS no-calls whenever Baron got clobbered, the entire 4th quarter for Stephen Jackson (not to mention the foul-out call, which was dispicable), and even little shiit (like the BS traveling call on Harrington) all proved to be too much for Golden State.

Yes, Boozer and Williams played well. But the ref's clearly stole one from the Warriors.

In games and in life...nobody will give you a break. In order to succeed you just have to suck it up and do everything in your ability to perform at the highest possible level. Of course... this comes from a 20 year old but I believe what I have to say has validity :P.

But yes, the refs give the warriors no love at all.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:41 pm
aaustria wrote:In games and in life...nobody will give you a break. In order to succeed you just have to suck it up and do everything in your ability to perform at the highest possible level. Of course... this comes from a 20 year old but I believe what I have to say has validity :P.

Yeah, I completely agree. You have to go through lots of things before you're given your due respect. It happens in the NBA and in any other aspect of life (usually, except a few lucky examples). Just keep going until it happens.

aaustria wrote:But yes, the refs give the warriors no love at all.

Yeah, the refs screwed us... but it was a close game and Utah dominated the boards, allowing them to have several more possessions than us. The refs were bad, but we lost for other reasons, too, not only because of them.

The only game we have lost this season that can be blamed on the refs is the one at Washington. We've been facing bad calls in several games this year, but no other game can be blamed exclusively on the refs.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:14 pm
Totally. Shots just weren't going in and there were a lot of turnovers that were made. Both teams played excellent, but the jazz just played better in the 2nd half.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:33 pm
True, but the Warriors get absolutely no respect from officials. Detroit is just as bad as a city, I don't see them gettin' screwed over durin' couple of their games. I'm sorry, but you can't compare this to life. The refs have screwed us over for couple years now.

Pssh, if they called that foul on Monta a FOUL, then the three by Baron should've been an AND1 also.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:41 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:True, but the Warriors get absolutely no respect from officials. Detroit is just as bad as a city, I don't see them gettin' screwed over durin' couple of their games. I'm sorry, but you can't compare this to life. The refs have screwed us over for couple years now.

Pssh, if they called that foul on Monta a FOUL, then the three by Baron should've been an AND1 also.

I'd get in depth with this...but I don't think this is the right place for it. To put it shortly... sometimes people blame outside sources but themselves for the outcome of their lives.

You can't rely on the refs to make the game easier for the warriors...so the only option is to play the best basketball you can instead of putting the game in the hands of the officials. The only game that can be close to true is the most recent Wizards game against the warriors.

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads