Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win another one on the road against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 20

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:11 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Colt you are already deserving of a 1/5 of goose as the Warriors are in the hunt, opposite of tank :!:

I think part of the dramatic turnaround is to my credit. I emailed Nelson and told him I would share the bottle with the Warriors girls and him if they made the playoffs, and just look at the improvement! :drinking: 8)

Sounds like a possible orgy. You could just tell Nellie to bring his wife and go on with his business somewhere else in the Oracle while you get all the Warrior girls to yourself. Oh what the hell am I saying... I'll join the crowd if I see it! Apologies to everyone about this explicit post, I'm feeling a bit.... well, wasted now. :wink:

Anyway, I start predicting a loss when I see one. Which could come Tuesday. But I still say the Warriors take this one. And that their first lost with a healthy roster will be against either the Lakers or Spurs next week.

Beautiful! :mrgreen:
You wouldn't want to share all that grade A muff with Nelson's old wrinkled nob!

Eh... I don't think I like where this is heading. If Nellie is involved... no pics, please. :mrgreen:

on second thought, I'll just send Nellie off with the bottle, and I'll hang with the Warrior girls...worst case scenario is truly nightmarish - Warriors girls take the bottle and leave me with an enraged and vodka-deprived Nellie. I think I could beat the old guy in a foot race, and maybe I can find where the girls went with my vodka 8)

He could be a man lover :-o Be afraid colt, be afraid :mrgreen:

nah, a couple of 1/2 full bud lights will confuse and disorient him plenty... 8)

a couple..........???? He drinks a whole bottle of wine by himself! You'll need a whole carton

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 am
Sooo. The Jazz are pretty much known for half court sets and I think the key is to run them out of the building and D'ing up them man-to-man. Thats whats worked in the past i think.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:40 am
If the Warriors continue to play good, solid defense, they have a decent chance of winning tonight. The key to the Warriors success of late has been on the defensive end of the floor. They have really gotten after it.

The Jazz will definitely try to slow the game down. If the Warriors can contest shots in the half-court set of Utah and not give up easy baskets, I think good things can happen tonight.

It will be a close game. I think the Jazz will win a close one, but then again, if the Warriors can "hang around" as they did against Seattle in the 4th quarter on Saturday, they might just steal this one.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:21 am
tkono wrote:Sooo. The Jazz are pretty much known for half court sets and I think the key is to run them out of the building and D'ing up them man-to-man. Thats whats worked in the past i think.

I thought we beat them with a zone. They're not a very good perimeter team so I think zone is the better option. 34% and not shooting many. Making them live out there could work.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:41 am
cladden wrote:
tkono wrote:Sooo. The Jazz are pretty much known for half court sets and I think the key is to run them out of the building and D'ing up them man-to-man. Thats whats worked in the past i think.

I thought we beat them with a zone. They're not a very good perimeter team so I think zone is the better option. 34% and not shooting many. Making them live out there could work.

I agree.

Okur might plant out on the perimeter, but the Dubs will probably stick Harrington on him and let Biedrins take care of Loozer. DFish isn't a bad shooter, but Monta will make sure he knows why we went with the kid instead of the vet. Baron will school DWilliams. And Big Al's due for a monster scoring night (against Boozer... it sounds more and more likely).

SJax might get bothered by Kirilenko, but that's the only hiccup I can see.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:01 pm
cladden wrote:

That is tru. The warriors did screw them up with the 1-2-2 last time. However, from what I saw in the games i've been able to watch, we play better manning up. If Nelson plays the zone, they need to use it to change things up a bit and to perhaps change their flow when they are making a run.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:33 pm
32 wrote:
cladden wrote:

I agree.

Okur might plant out on the perimeter, but the Dubs will probably stick Harrington on him and let Biedrins take care of Loozer. DFish isn't a bad shooter, but Monta will make sure he knows why we went with the kid instead of the vet. Baron will school DWilliams. And Big Al's due for a monster scoring night (against Boozer... it sounds more and more likely).

SJax might get bothered by Kirilenko, but that's the only hiccup I can see.

I'd say Boozer has an advantage over Biedrins, but our perimeter defense will bother him w/ the steals. You forgot to mention J-Rich's superiority over whoever they put at SG.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:05 pm
omgsh!! :crazy:

Games bout to start.

LETS GO :happy1:
W A R R I O R S
13 years and waiting..FINALLY WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS LEEEETS GOOOOO

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:20 pm
i LOVE how the Warriors score a basket, after the jazz do, with 21 sec. on the shot clock
W A R R I O R S
13 years and waiting..FINALLY WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS LEEEETS GOOOOO

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Like I said earlier Boozer is gonna have a big night!!! They can't stop him right now and they're settling for jumpers on the road again!!! I see a loss maybe a blowout!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:30 pm
This another must win the LA and Chicago game is very close rt now!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 pm
J-Rich wrote:Like I said earlier Boozer is gonna have a big night!!! They can't stop him right now and they're settling for jumpers on the road again!!! I see a loss maybe a blowout!!!

Ws doing a good job running, and they are knocking down the 3s. But I'd like to see them go inside more, the outside shots will go cold at some point and they need to find more inside offense.

The good news is that most of the 3s they're taking are at least the result of inside out passing, not just firing them up randomly. Good team passing so far, decent defense. Rebounding and D needs to pick up - you're right, Boozer is owning them right now.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 pm
Monta didn't look too good, and both he and JRich are in early foul trouble. Could come back to hurt them in the second half

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:52 pm
J-Rich wrote:This another must win the LA and Chicago game is very close rt now!

Yeah, and unfortunately it looks like NO/Ok is going to beat Memphis tonight (no surprise there, but was hoping Memphis could find a way to win)

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:57 pm
Take Monta out!!! He's getting ****ing up and getting eating out by Fisher!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads