Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2007-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win another one on the road against the Jazz?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 20

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:01 pm
coltraning wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Colt you are already deserving of a 1/5 of goose as the Warriors are in the hunt, opposite of tank :!:

I think part of the dramatic turnaround is to my credit. I emailed Nelson and told him I would share the bottle with the Warriors girls and him if they made the playoffs, and just look at the improvement! :drinking: 8)

Sounds like a possible orgy. You could just tell Nellie to bring his wife and go on with his business somewhere else in the Oracle while you get all the Warrior girls to yourself. Oh what the hell am I saying... I'll join the crowd if I see it! Apologies to everyone about this explicit post, I'm feeling a bit.... well, wasted now. :wink:

Anyway, I start predicting a loss when I see one. Which could come Tuesday. But I still say the Warriors take this one. And that their first lost with a healthy roster will be against either the Lakers or Spurs next week.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:43 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Jazz are mighty at home! You're bottle is looking more and more distant looking at the next 5 games colt :wink:

a mighty reach for sure. I do see them being able to go 3-2 in their next 5. And they could conceivably go 6-3 in their last 9. The way I see it, they can beat Washington, Lakers, one of Suns and Spurs, both Memphis games, Utah at home, Sacto, Minny and Portland. San Antonio is coming in on a back to back, so maybe, and Suns are possibly going to be looking ahead to their rematch with the nuggets, who spanked them. So one of those is possible. I think the Mavs are going to be looking to put a major payback hurting on the ws... That's 9 wins, and 14-6 in their last 20. That would give them 41 which would give me the grey goose vodka I so richly deserve... 8)

13-7would be just right with me :mrgreen:
You will have to hope on those two things happening but the Suns and Spurs have always done well against the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Colt you are already deserving of a 1/5 of goose as the Warriors are in the hunt, opposite of tank :!:

I think part of the dramatic turnaround is to my credit. I emailed Nelson and told him I would share the bottle with the Warriors girls and him if they made the playoffs, and just look at the improvement! :drinking: 8)

Sounds like a possible orgy. You could just tell Nellie to bring his wife and go on with his business somewhere else in the Oracle while you get all the Warrior girls to yourself. Oh what the hell am I saying... I'll join the crowd if I see it! Apologies to everyone about this explicit post, I'm feeling a bit.... well, wasted now. :wink:

Anyway, I start predicting a loss when I see one. Which could come Tuesday. But I still say the Warriors take this one. And that their first lost with a healthy roster will be against either the Lakers or Spurs next week.

Beautiful! :mrgreen:
You wouldn't want to share all that grade A muff with Nelson's old wrinkled nob!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:

You wouldn't want to share all that grade A muff with Nelson's old wrinkled nob!

Eh... I don't think I like where this is heading. If Nellie is involved... no pics, please. :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:53 am
Utah Jazz is overrated.

Warriors by 10+

Why? Warriors beat the Utah Jazz previously with only Jason Richardson and Troy Smurfy and Mike Dumbleavy. With a full lineup, they just can't keep up. Gordan Giricek is also injured -- if that affects anything. Matt Harping might also be out. Jerry Sloan also might play Rafeal Arujuo(sp) because thats where Rafeal had his career high against..the Warriors. He might try to put him in and then realize that the Warriors is dominating him too badly, which will make the Utah Jazz fall into endless pit of doom.
New. Stuff.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:39 am
The key here is to weather the storm during the 3rd quarter or whatever when Utah stages their comeback/run. We didn't do a great job but a barely adequate job in Seattle. If we can regain in the 4th we should win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:35 am
The frontline of the Jazz have really been great, even Kirilenko, who is having his worst season, is doing what he has to by blocking shots

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Eh... I don't think I like where this is heading. If Nellie is involved... no pics, please. :mrgreen:

on second thought, I'll just send Nellie off with the bottle, and I'll hang with the Warrior girls...worst case scenario is truly nightmarish - Warriors girls take the bottle and leave me with an enraged and vodka-deprived Nellie. I think I could beat the old guy in a foot race, and maybe I can find where the girls went with my vodka 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 am
btw, I do think the ws lose this one and beat Washington. The real game to point to is in LA against the Kobes. Can the team gut out a win against a team that always beats them, esp. with Kobe getting the home court and superstar calls? Ws are a better team, talent-wise, and need to run the Lakers off the court.

ImageImage
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:34 am
I'd love to see another win, and I really think the W's are looking strong at th end of the season, moving to the playoffs. But, i thiknk this one will be a loss.

Okur and Boozer have been huge this year, and are truely the major threats of the Jazz. I've seen the W's do some nice double teaming lately, especially down low, but with TWO good players under the hoop, it might just be too much.

Hope Nellie does not fall into the trap of putting in a second big to defend against Boozer. Putting in either Powell or Foyle will seriously decrease the offense, moreso than their defense will make up. Yes, more minutes for both, but not extended minutes with an offensive draught.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm
migya wrote:The frontline of the Jazz have really been great, even Kirilenko, who is having his worst season, is doing what he has to by blocking shots

I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded this offseason...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm
The Jazz rebound against the W's from their loss earlier this season! Either Boozer or Okur will have a big game!

Hope that the W's prove me wrong but they can't win every game! Especially against a good team away from home! W's have to prove they can play with confidence on the road! This is still a young team and they have to be more vocal with each other!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:44 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:

on second thought, I'll just send Nellie off with the bottle, and I'll hang with the Warrior girls...worst case scenario is truly nightmarish - Warriors girls take the bottle and leave me with an enraged and vodka-deprived Nellie. I think I could beat the old guy in a foot race, and maybe I can find where the girls went with my vodka 8)

He could be a man lover :-o Be afraid colt, be afraid :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The frontline of the Jazz have really been great, even Kirilenko, who is having his worst season, is doing what he has to by blocking shots

I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded this offseason...

I don't know what is wrong with him but I'd still want him, if just for his great defense. He would make any playoff team a contender

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:54 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
coltraning wrote:

He could be a man lover :-o Be afraid colt, be afraid :mrgreen:

nah, a couple of 1/2 full bud lights will confuse and disorient him plenty... 8)

ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads