Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2007-03-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you smell a long winning streak coming?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:41 pm

YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:20 pm
A lot of you guys arent looking at the downside of a playoff push. Hey of we make the playoffs all is well and good but its what happens if we play just well enough to be like 1 game out of the playofss. THen where are we? Thats right where weve been the last three years at the end of the lottery where this team is not going to pick up a difference maker most likely. I would love for the warriors to make the playoffs... but im a warriors fan so you know i gotta doubt them and if they dont make the playoffs then we are screwed for another year.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:29 pm
I understand, but this is total BS. You'd choose a high lotto pick over a chance at the playoffs?!?! 12 years.... 12 f*ckin' long years. Forget the downside, I'd take my chances at finishing strong.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:35 pm
It's actually been 13 years and I really have a great feeling that Warriors will make a big push for the playoffs, realize this, 3 games back and they're just dominating the game. Even if Melo was in the game, it wouldn't have made a difference. Warriors would still win. This team is way too unique, SJax and Davis assisting with both skills at scoring, and then Richardson and Harrington with Ellis coming off. This team is way tooooo fast and good. I'm 100% sure, we will beat the Mavs.
New. Stuff.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:42 pm
BT wrote:It's actually been 13 years and I really have a great feeling that Warriors will make a big push for the playoffs, realize this, 3 games back and they're just dominating the game. Even if Melo was in the game, it wouldn't have made a difference. Warriors would still win. This team is way too unique, SJax and Davis assisting with both skills at scoring, and then Richardson and Harrington with Ellis coming off. This team is way tooooo fast and good. I'm 100% sure, we will beat the Mavs.

Nope, it's 12. '95-'06... maybe '07? We shall see.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:57 pm
2½ back from the 8th and 3 back from the 7th. 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
fun game to be at, tonight. Ws shot uncannily well from 3, great to see BD and JRich back and doing damage. The dude behind me was a huge jackson hater, and it was hilarious watching him have to choke and sputter as Jackson got 18 and 8 and did a very good job of D on Iverson. A row ahead, a guy was so looped from beer he was hurting ears with his bellows as far as 10 rows away. A lot of fine games by individual ws -Barnes was a boost, and Powell actually knows how to rebound. Nice to see Monta run the club well, so Baron got a lot of rest. Most striking thing was the intense defense, all man to man, the ws played in the 2nd 1/2, including holding nuggets to 11 3rd quarter points. Keep hope alive, baby!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 am
Nice win, although there was no way we could have lost this game. We were fully healthy for the first time in the season and playing a Nugz team without 'Melo, K-Mart and JR Smith... This one was a lock. Denver just didn't have enough firepower to become a problem.

Hopefully we'll have time to make a run at that last playoff spot.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:43 am
A very nice win last night. As TMC eluded to, the Nuggets were short handed thanks to Carmelo's wife giving birth that day. Regardless, it was a good team effort from the Warriors.

The key stretch of the game to me was when it was 50-38 Nuggets and Barnes came in and buried two three-pointers and sparked a run in which the Warriors ended up taking the lead. I thought at that point the game was getting away from the Warriorsm, but obviously I was wrong.

The team seems to be clicking right now. Whether or not the Warriors have enough time and can stay healthy to make a playoff run remains to be seen. I would like to think they can, but who knows. Friday's game with the Clippers will be huge in determining that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 am
TMC wrote:Nice win, although there was no way we could have lost this game. We were fully healthy for the first time in the season and playing a Nugz team without 'Melo, K-Mart and JR Smith... This one was a lock. Denver just didn't have enough firepower to become a problem.

Hopefully we'll have time to make a run at that last playoff spot.

I picked the Nugs because the team has been awful lately but they won, good on them, but without Carmelo, the Nuggets are nowhere near as good and they didn't have JR Smith either.

Good win anyway and the team has to beat the teams that are fighting for the last playoff spot at least if they are any chance of making it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 am
Dubs4life wrote:A lot of you guys arent looking at the downside of a playoff push. Hey of we make the playoffs all is well and good but its what happens if we play just well enough to be like 1 game out of the playoffs. THen where are we? Thats right where weve been the last three years at the end of the lottery where this team is not going to pick up a difference maker most likely. I would love for the warriors to make the playoffs... but im a warriors fan so you know i gotta doubt them and if they dont make the playoffs then we are screwed for another year.

That's my whole point! Love to see the team make the playoffs but they are in a fairly big hole, not one that is impossible to get out of but a hole. The Nuggets were nowhere near full strength and they were up at the half! It took great shooting (which is not always going to be there as has been seen in the past few weeks) to come back and beat them.

They have got to win ALL the games at home and win three away games over the next month to really be a serious shot of making ti otherwise it is just another "so close but yet so far away" story!

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am
Liked a lot fo what I saw last night. Ball movement, something of a 1/2 court offense, even some solid defense. LOVED the steals, HATED the turnovers.

Next five games: Clips, @Blazers Mavs, T-Wolves, @Sonics. All very winnable, and would make a 7-game win streak, assuming W's stay healthy. Statistically, the Sonics game will be a lost, as it is away and the second of a back-to-back. Still, a nice group of games to win and push.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:09 pm
Ive had a sudden change of heart. I just can't root for the warriors to lose its physically impossible for me. So you know what **** IT! LETS MAKE THE FUKING PLAYOFFS!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Ive had a sudden change of heart. I just can't root for the warriors to lose its physically impossible for me. So you know what **** IT! LETS MAKE THE FUKING PLAYOFFS!

You are seeing the light my friend. For that, I praise you. :D

If you remember, the '88-89 Niners had their rough times. They were 6-5 and even the players thought playoffs were impossible. But they made a late push and did it. The Warriors can do the same, they just gotta stick together.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 am
drazz wrote:Next five games: Clips, @Blazers Mavs, T-Wolves, @Sonics. All very winnable, and would make a 7-game win streak, assuming W's stay healthy. Statistically, the Sonics game will be a lost, as it is away and the second of a back-to-back. Still, a nice group of games to win and push.

Definately are all winnable as the Mavs are coming to Oakland (still think Mavs are just too hot this season though) and if there is only 1 loss at the most, that'll mean the team would be right near 50% again and most likely in 8th spot. Still don't think it'll happen and these next 5 games might produce 2 or 3 losses showing that things have not changed much at all but keep the faith

Previous

Return to Game Threads