Game Thread: Warriors @ Chicago Bulls 2007-02-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors put up a fight against the Bulls?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:13 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:38 pm
without this forum, the warriors wouldnt sell any tickets because we would've all blown our heads off with a cougar magnum after all these years.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 am
Good call TMC! 30 points.

Just pathetic and it really does look like there is a hint of giving up already! IF that is the case, I'm all for tanking now, Baron not playing much from now on and a couple of others saying that they are suffering niggling injuries, just to get a better position for the draft. The team is not far ahead of teams like Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings so could get as low as 5th pick

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:18 am
JayPat wrote:Mickael Pietrus is stupid.

I've never see anyone get the rebound and begin running while forgetting to dribble.

::lol:

I've missed the game (couldn't endure another blowout)... did this really happen?. Like... in real life?

migya wrote:Just pathetic and it really does look like there is a hint of giving up already! IF that is the case, I'm all for tanking now, Baron not playing much from now on and a couple of others saying that they are suffering niggling injuries, just to get a better position for the draft. The team is not far ahead of teams like Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings so could get as low as 5th pick

A bit late for tanking now... if you're gonna tank the season, you have to start doing it in december, like the Grizz and Celtics did.

Keep in mind that, even tho we're not far ahead of those teams, they will also tank most games on what's left of the season...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Just pathetic and it really does look like there is a hint of giving up already! IF that is the case, I'm all for tanking now, Baron not playing much from now on and a couple of others saying that they are suffering niggling injuries, just to get a better position for the draft. The team is not far ahead of teams like Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings so could get as low as 5th pick

A bit late for tanking now... if you're gonna tank the season, you have to start doing it in december, like the Grizz and Celtics did.

Keep in mind that, even tho we're not far ahead of those teams, they will also tank most games on what's left of the season...

Those other teams, like Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings, have had some wins lately. If the team tried to lose more games ( :shock: :mrgreen: ) they could get 4 spots higher in the draft (going by win loss order) and that could give them 5th pick which should be enough to get something decent I think

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:21 am
migya wrote:Those other teams, like Hawks, Bobcats, Sonics and Kings, have had some wins lately. If the team tried to lose more games ( :shock: :mrgreen: ) they could get 4 spots higher in the draft (going by win loss order) and that could give them 5th pick which should be enough to get something decent I think

As we won't be able to get a top player... Al Horford would be perfect:

I doubt he'd be there at #11 (well, I don't really doubt it. He won't be there at #11), but he may be an option between #5 and #8. Not much of a Nellie guy, tho...

I'm quite interested on what we may do on this draft, as other than the top players, there seems to be a lot of depth at SF/SG... which are exactly the two positions we don't need help at. It's pretty clear that we need a PF...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 am
Another embarassing performance last night. I do not even think the Bulls played that well last night and they still beat the Warriors by 30. I could not stomach watching from the middle of the third quarter on so I watched Kevin Durant and company against Texas A&M. That was a good game to watch.

As for tanking the season, it is not as easy as it sounds. While management might want the players to lose on purpose they will never ever come out and say it. Therefore the Warriors will try to play and win, but if they keep performing as they have been lately no tanking will be needed as the Warriors are just mailing it in.

As I said before this trip, I expect no wins of the five. Two down and three to go in the Warriors parade out of the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:40 am
Good reviews of Horford and this guy might fit in well, moving Biedrins to PF.

Hasheem Thabeet:
7'3, 265lbs

NBA Comparison: Dikembe Mutombo (stronger body)
Strengths: For his immense size, Thabeet is an above average runner of the court … Does a great job of getting initial post position by using his body wide and sealing off his defender … Has soft hands. Rarely does he bobble passes and catches with few problems no matter the distance or speed of the pass … Shot blocking skills are top shelf … His explosiveness: getting off the floor quickly is mind blowing for a player his size ... Physically he has all the tools needed to continue with his long arms and first-rate timing … Unlike many young players he has learned to be a very patient shot blocker that rarely bites on pump fakes … Has yet to even scratch the surface of his vast potential … Although still learning the game, he doesn’t have a lot of bad habits … Very coachable in that whatever flaws he has in his game can be easily corrected … Shows solid outlet passing ability which is rare for a player with his level of experience … Although his post moves are unrefined, Thabeet has shown reasonably good touch … Above average defensive rebounder … Shows decent upper body strength, which should greatly improve and great athleticism for his size…

Weaknesses: Offensively Thabeet remains raw and undeveloped … Struggles to maintain his position in the post where he tends to get rooted out by smaller players … Although as mentioned above he is an above average runner on the court he still could improve his foot speed … Like many players his age, Thabeet’s post footwork is a work in progress although to his credit it has improved since his breakout Global Games performance … Should continue to learn how to block out more aggressively when working for the offensive rebound … Movements are a bit mechanical but this doesn’t seem to affect his coordination right now … Free throw shooting is below average, however he does show good form and confidence with repetition he should become solid before the season is over … Back to the basket skills are in need of improvement … Not much of a face-up player … Offensive court awareness is evolving but still is a few steps behind. This is evident when he is finishing around the basket as he loses where he is in relation to the basket or rushes his shot …

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:06 am
Two things, migya:

1.- Don't go to NBAdraft.net looking for info about players. That site may be the worst one when it comes to player reviews.

Personally, I like http://www.draftexpress.com/ much more. Still far from perfect... but one of the better sites on the net regarding the NBA draft.

2.- If Mullin picks another center, he should be fired. We have Biedrins, Foyle and POB... there's no way we pick another center. Much less Thabeet, who looks like a second rounder at this point.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:36 am
I have my doubts about Thabeet right now. I have seen UCONN play a number of times this season and I have been far from impressed with this kid. Yes, I know he is raw and undeveloped, but what makes anyone think the Warriors, specifically under Nelson, can teach and develop this kid?

I think there are better options out there than this guy. He could turn into a great player, but I am betting against it.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:42 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:Mickael Pietrus is stupid.

I've never see anyone get the rebound and begin running while forgetting to dribble.

::lol:

I've missed the game (couldn't endure another blowout)... did this really happen?. Like... in real life?

[

Pietrus made about 4 of the dumbest plays I have seen on a pro court. My personal "fave" was when the shot clock was winding down, and he flung himself backwards into 3 Bulls about 5 feet outside the charge circle as he flung the ball 2 feet long off the backboard. Charging, ball goes to Bulls. Look in his eyes. There is NO ONE home. Obviously the whole team played badly, but Monta, Harrington and Jrich all had at least a few moments, and on an awful team performance, he stood out for his staggering stupidity on the court. I have no idea if he is as sharp as Stephen Hawkings or as dumb as a Bush Values voter in Alabama off the court, but on the court, Pietrus is a basketball moron.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm
He pulled down a rebound with one hand, and just started running. It was hilarious. :x
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:39 pm
yeah, we should have a thread poll:

dumbest bonehead Pietrus play of the year 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:02 pm
Winner: shooting when you can see the backboard. :)

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 pm
How about brook lopez of stanford? The guys has been playing out of his mind the last few games. Might even be there around 11! If he was he might be a steal. And he fits our needs. Again not much of a fit for nellie's system but still we could play him at center andris at pf harrington at 3 j-rich/ monta at two and baron slash monta at 1. Doesnt sound like too bad of a defensive team monta is one of our best perimeter defenders, andris is our best interior defender lopez looks to be a good defender, baron and j-rich are serviceable. Harrington is the only weak link. I think the defense will come... or at least improve over the offseason when the team gets to know each other a little better.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:51 pm
Dubs4life wrote:How about brook lopez of stanford? The guys has been playing out of his mind the last few games. Might even be there around 11!

No. Trade for 1st pick.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads