Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2007-02-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:01 pm

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 10

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:31 am
d1mex wrote:ALSO: DOES MAURICE EVANS LOOK LIKE A BALD BRITTANY SPEARS???

More like Brittney looks like Maurice Evans now...

32 wrote:This was purely an off-game; it's not the norm.

Indeed it is. You know, the norm is that we cannot win road games and we cannot win back-to-backs... (seriously, have we won one back-to-back in the whole season?)

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:26 am
Well, I was hoping for two strong performances this weekend from the Warriors and I got none. Two tough losses to the Clippers and Lakers puts the Warriors in a very difficult situation with regards to the playoffs.

At this point with a five-game East coast trip upon them and trailing by a game and a half or two games for the eighth spot, it will be extremely difficult for this team to get into the playoffs. Heck, even the Kings are closing in on the Warriors.

The Warriors were definitely just flat last night. Al Harrington did not show up and other than Monta, no one did a damn thing all game long.

The Warriors defensive rebounding, which in turn lead to many Laker second chance points, killed them.

It feels like I have said this a few other times this season, but now I really mean it, this east coast swing for five games WILL make or break the Warriors. Unfortunately, these five games are not against cupcakes. The Bucks and Knicks are the weakest teams. However, on the road, all teams are at an advantage over the Warriors. Milwaukee, Chicago, New York, Washington and Detroit. In my opinion, the Warriors will be lucky to win one of those. I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst on this trip.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:28 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Well, I was hoping for two strong performances this weekend from the Warriors and I got none. Two tough losses to the Clippers and Lakers puts the Warriors in a very difficult situation with regards to the playoffs.

At this point with a five-game East coast trip upon them and trailing by a game and a half or two games for the eighth spot, it will be extremely difficult for this team to get into the playoffs. Heck, even the Kings are closing in on the Warriors.

The Warriors were definitely just flat last night. Al Harrington did not show up and other than Monta, no one did a damn thing all game long.

The Warriors defensive rebounding, which in turn lead to many Laker second chance points, killed them.

It feels like I have said this a few other times this season, but now I really mean it, this east coast swing for five games WILL make or break the Warriors. Unfortunately, these five games are not against cupcakes. The Bucks and Knicks are the weakest teams. However, on the road, all teams are at an advantage over the Warriors. Milwaukee, Chicago, New York, Washington and Detroit. In my opinion, the Warriors will be lucky to win one of those. I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst on this trip.

2 wins would be huge for them, Tom. I too fear that, after this trip, they may have dug themselves too big a hole. again, NO w showed up other than Monta and Biedrins, it wasn't just Al. Even sainted Jrich threw some of the most interceptible passes I have seen all year. Metaphor for the day's utter futility - Cabbage throwing a pass I could have intercepted, and on the other end, Evans scoring the and one with cabbage wrapped around him. Scary stats of the day: Ws are now 1-14 on the 2nd of back to backs, and are 6-20 on the road. They have 5 road games, including 2 back to backs...if they are 28-34 after the trip, there is still slim hope, 26-36 and they are done.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads