Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2007-02-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors make their winning streak to three?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 pm

YES
92%
NO
8%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:55 pm
Wow brands blocking everything and he has ellis' number today.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:10 pm
tkono wrote:Wow brands blocking everything and he has ellis' number today.

I wonder what would have happened if just one of the Warriors had decided to pump fake Brand? I guess we'll never know because noone thought of that abstract basketball concept while they were getting swatted over and over.

Harrington kept running straight over people on the peremiter and just dropping the ball on the floor. If that was a beer, he would never lose it in traffic!!!!!!!!!!

Three Clippers with double-doubles. We always lose these games when this happens no matter who it is.

Even though Monta was havig a rough game, he still came up with:
17 points, 13 assists, 5 steals and 1 block and only 2 turnovers. That's a good sign for him and the team.

Jason had a good game in his second run. His shot already looks better than the last game. Stick Peitrus deep on the bench (he's adding nothing and taking up space) and start JRich tomorrow.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:11 pm
Harrington led the ws with 24 on 50% shooting and led the team in rebounding and 2nd in assists, so not sure where he is the problem. Monta did have a really nice game. Jrich made some dumb passes but overall he looks recovered from the knee surgery and is due for a breakout game once his shot returns. Basic problem with the ws is twofold: zero structured 1/2 court offense, which is painfully evident against a deliberate team, and once again getting killed on the boards. Odd about Biedrins, in that he was 4-4 but had no plays run for him. Looks like Barnes has joined cabbage in nelson's current doghouse.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm
jsw548 wrote:
tkono wrote:Wow brands blocking everything and he has ellis' number today.

I wonder what would have happened if just one of the Warriors had decided to pump fake Brand? I guess we'll never know because noone thought of that abstract basketball concept while they were getting swatted over and over.

Harrington kept running straight over people on the peremiter and just dropping the ball on the floor. If that was a beer, he would never lose it in traffic!!!!!!!!!!

Three Clippers with double-doubles. We always lose these games when this happens no matter who it is.

Even though Monta was havig a rough game, he still came up with:
17 points, 13 assists, 5 steals and 1 block and only 2 turnovers. That's a good sign for him and the team.

Jason had a good game in his second run. His shot already looks better than the last game. Stick Peitrus deep on the bench (he's adding nothing and taking up space) and start JRich tomorrow.

Nice observations. Brand was a monster like he could be all the time and the team's half court game is just not good enough against a team with a great inside player. This game really had to be a win and it is the same old thing, inability to win on the road and not stepping up. A win in this game would have given a little breathing room for now but instead, the team has to crawl into a position again. Monta playing real well and he is becoming a PG already. The guy is so young and improving so fast, he could be a superstar real soon

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:21 am
I have missed this game... (which, in a way, I'm glad it happened. I doubt I could have endured another 4th quarter meltdown).

From the boxscore, looks like Monta did well at pg, which is encouraging... Hope he can become a pg full time, even if it's a shoot first like Arenas. That would allow us to play him alongside J-Rich without problems and forget that nonsense of trading J-Rich to open up a spot for Monta.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:35 am
jsw548 wrote:Jason had a good game in his second run. His shot already looks better than the last game. Stick Peitrus deep on the bench (he's adding nothing and taking up space) and start JRich tomorrow.

AGREED! I know Jason shouldn't be rushed into the starting lineup all of a sudden but Pietrus isn't giving us anything offensively. Hell, he was even lost on defense at times. I'd even take Azubuike in the lineup. Though having our whole starting lineup as players who did not go to college is a pretty neat fact.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:54 am
TMC wrote:I have missed this game... (which, in a way, I'm glad it happened. I doubt I could have endured another 4th quarter meltdown).

From the boxscore, looks like Monta did well at pg, which is encouraging... Hope he can become a pg full time, even if it's a shoot first like Arenas. That would allow us to play him alongside J-Rich without problems and forget that nonsense of trading J-Rich to open up a spot for Monta.

Or allow for Baron to be traded, individually or in a package. Yes, he is the best player on the team right now but it is easy to see that Monta is going to be as good if not better than Baron and since Baron gets paid the most and is one of the most injuryprone players of the team, it would make sense to trade him IF one of the guards had to go

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:46 am
Another dissapointing loss after a win.

We should have won this game, wow I've said that alot this season.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:20 am
Basically, the refs were very inconsistent with the calls all night. We could have been up by 8 or so the first half. Monta and was getting mugged and so was Harrington on one play, but no calls, which were critical in ending the half.

In the 3rd, Brand killed any momentum we had to increase the lead by getting And 1s on the other side—and those calls were suspect. But Brand was also swatting everything, especially Monta’s drives. He should have been sealed off as a game plan, whenever we took it to the hole. Dre was also underutilized, and no one was looking for him at all.

S-Jax was not present at all, and that was a major difference. His shots did not go down and he forced several. If he doesn’t play well, we’re in trouble. Plus, we had no floor leadership we could turn to.
But the turning point was in the 3rd, when we were still up by 5, we began played zone (for I have no freakin’ clue why), that’s when we gave up the lead for good and never recovered. That was a very winnable game, and it was very disappointing to see it slip away for the said reasons.

By the way, X-Bay and Broe, me and my group’s heckling could only take us so far. Maybe I should have snuck in a stink bomb for Clips in the 4th!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:19 pm
I agree CjR & way to represent... Do you live in LA & did you go to B' High :?:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:54 pm
Yeah, Broe. I went to school in BHS and now live in Orange County (Anaheim Hills). Did you go to BHS? Great school and great memories there!

Warriors, Giants, and 49ers through and through. I just wish the Warriors could come through.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:09 pm
Yep I went to B' High 84-86, West Campus in the 9th, Willard Jr High, Malcolm X 4-6th grade & Emerson Elementary... Good times 8)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:18 pm
Damn, small world. After moving from SF, I went to West Campus in 7th, Willard in 8th, and 9-12 in B’High (’81 through ’85). Maybe we’ve crossed paths. But there were a ton of freaks in B’High. And the parties, oh man! Anyway, I left for the Air Force, and my last base was in SoCal (when my term ended), and I’ve been here since.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 am
So CjR we were at Willard 1 year & B' High 84 & 85 at the same time... You definitely know what's up, from Cal frat party's at 16 years old, The Poly Ball room, Round Room(cafeteria),Veteran's Hall, Shattuck Hotel,Telegraph Ave, Leopolds, Blondies, The Slopes, Court yard, Provo Park now MLK, Grove Street & San Pablo Park's.... Also your senior year classmate & my buddy had a #1 song on the Billboard chart's 85-86, Mike Marshall of Timex Social Club, Rumors, he also is the one who sings on I Got 5 on It...

Feel free to PM me for B'Town talk 8)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:22 am
Definitely, Broe. The parties were amazing and those were great times. And yeah, I remember Mike.

As for the PM, you got it, Broe!
Previous

Return to Game Threads