Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2007-02-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Are you looking forward to seeing Dunleavy playing SG?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm

85%
YES
11
15%
NO
2

Total votes: 13


Role Player
Posts: 284
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:45 pm
#32 wrote:I enjoy them, too. Very well thought out and nicely written. I was mostly just being a smart ass. :mrgreen:

Thanks! I know you were being a smart ass. I did not take it negatively. Sometimes I just get writing and the next thing I know I have a few hundred words. This team can drive me nuts at times. I will always cheer for them, but it does not mean I agree with everything the players, coaches and management do on and off the floor.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:02 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:
#32 wrote:I enjoy them, too. Very well thought out and nicely written. I was mostly just being a smart ass. :mrgreen:

Thanks! I know you were being a smart ass. I did not take it negatively. Sometimes I just get writing and the next thing I know I have a few hundred words.

You're preaching to the choir, bro. I know what it's like to go on for pages and pages. I think I've shortened my responses lately, but when I first got here... well, people got a WHOLE LOT of my opinion.

I've learned my personal opinion is kinda like vanilla extract. A little goes a long way. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:37 pm
its crazy to think that after such a disasterous start to the road trip, we could wind up going 3-3 on it, which i would have taken prior to the trip. lets hope we can get one in minny, they've been playing horrible lately. 3-3 is alot better than 2-4!
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:42 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:its crazy to think that after such a disasterous start to the road trip, we could wind up going 3-3 on it, which i would have taken prior to the trip. lets hope we can get one in minny, they've been playing horrible lately. 3-3 is alot better than 2-4!

No doubt.

Biedrins, its on you, man. When Biedrins plays like a star, the Warriors seem unstoppable. Without Baron and Monta, its on him to step up and help out Al.

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:21 pm
speaking of biedrins and his gaudy 62% from the field, why dont the warriors run any plays for him and let him post up? i could understand why if he was still shooting 35% from the line, but he's improved dramatically from there! maybe they are afraid that he will pick up some offensive fouls? its great that he gets the garbage points but frankly i'd like to see him get more touches rather than see some other guys jack up a wild shot.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:speaking of biedrins and his gaudy 62% from the field, why dont the warriors run any plays for him and let him post up? i could understand why if he was still shooting 35% from the line, but he's improved dramatically from there! maybe they are afraid that he will pick up some offensive fouls? its great that he gets the garbage points but frankly i'd like to see him get more touches rather than see some other guys jack up a wild shot.


I don't think he'll get many offensive fouls. I can hardly remember him getting any. He gets his fouls on the defensive end. I think the problem is that he gets most of his points off of put-backs and dishes. He does have some moves in the low-post though so I expect them to go there more often in the future. I'd expect his FG% to drop some when they do however.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 am
#32 wrote:Biedrins, its on you, man. When Biedrins plays like a star, the Warriors seem unstoppable. Without Baron and Monta, its on him to step up and help out Al.


That may be asking too much from him at this point. He's so freaking young... I mean, this is his first season as a starter. We cannot expect him to carry the team yet, no matter who's out.

I'm elated with Biedrins this year... but we gotta be patient with him.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:15 am
I agree. But still. I wasn't asking him to franchise anything; just to be Al Harrington's best sidekick.

Richardson's out.
Baron's out.
Ellis barely played.

And Harrington had his off-game last night. Next in line to save us is either Biedrins or Stephen Jackson.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21854
» Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:36 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Biedrins, its on you, man. When Biedrins plays like a star, the Warriors seem unstoppable. Without Baron and Monta, its on him to step up and help out Al.


That may be asking too much from him at this point. He's so freaking young... I mean, this is his first season as a starter. We cannot expect him to carry the team yet, no matter who's out.

I'm elated with Biedrins this year... but we gotta be patient with him.



For me, the best story of the team this season is the rise of Biedrins. He doesn't demand the ball and provides the things the team sorely needs, mostly defense and rebounding
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 am
migya wrote:
For me, the best story of the team this season is the rise of Biedrins. He doesn't demand the ball and provides the things the team sorely needs, mostly defense and rebounding


Yeah, he's been the best story of the season, even above Monta, no matter how much love Monta gets.

I really believe we're set at C with Dre, and that's a luxury in today's NBA.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:49 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, he's been the best story of the season, even above Monta, no matter how much love Monta gets.

I really believe we're set at C with Dre, and that's a luxury in today's NBA.

Not to mention, we've got a project big man whose improving by leaps and bounds...

When Patrick O'Bryant blows up (like Andris did), it'll be fun seeing who gets the starting job and who sits from night to night. I think, in the end, O'Bryant will have the offensive edge... but Biedrins will be a better rebounder. They can both block a huge amount of shots, so it's all gravy.

What a great decision to make. :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest