Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2007-02-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to seeing Dunleavy playing SG?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 am
Jermaniac wrote:
#32 wrote:
Jermaniac wrote:
#32 wrote:Monta is going to abuse Dunleavy. Mike's too weak and doesn't have a post game to take advantage of his size. Ellis is gonna run rings around him and pick his pocket.
Mike is gonna be alright he has the best shot blocker in the NBA backing him up. And if thats not enough your lineup is small enough for us to put Granger at PF and Marquis/Rawle at the 2 to guard Monta.

Go ahead. Nelson's the master of mismatches. If Carlisle wants to dance, I'm sure Nelly will school him.

Jermaine is definately the inside factor... but the Warriors have been good about getting to the line lately. If JO hits foul trouble, the Pacers are dead in the water.

Besides; I gotta feeling SJax & Al are gonna wanna break out this game; whereas Dunleavy's always failed in a challenge situation. Nevertheless, the Warriors haven't been playing well lately, so it's anybody's game.

I think the final score hinges on whether or not O'Neal or Biedrins hits foul trouble. Andris is the only guy who can hope to contain Jermaine... but the Pacers only go as far as O'Neal goes. If you gotta rely on Tinsley, Granger, or (God help you) Dunleavy, your odds are definately slimmer.
lmao @ You acting like you got some team full of all stars and our players suck. Look at the stats since the trade Jamaal Tinsley and Danny Granger have been playing very good basketball. Who are you gonna rely on if Baron doesnt play well. Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington OHH PLEASE. We tried that it doesnt work.

Ohh and Danny Granger >>>> Stephen Jackson. In everything other then bitching to the refs and gun ranges.

Well will see tomorrow how it goes down.

How am I acting like that?

I'm simply stating the obvious; if Jermaine O'Neal leaves the game in foul trouble, the Pacers are in trouble. Let's break down the starting lineups...

Tinsley can't compete with Baron Davis. 'Nuff said.

Mike Dunleavy vs Monta (are you KIDDING me???). Monta's been a breakout scorer for this team, while Mike was nothing but a burden. Ellis has insane talent. Dunleavy's just a bust. Advantage: 2 to the Warriors.

Granger could probably take SJax (but, then again, Jackson's streaky and could pull another great performance out of his ass). Per usual, I'll give it to Granger because the kid has major game and Jackson's been up-and-down so far.

Jermaine will abuse Harrington down low. Nobody on the Warriors frontcourt can touch Jermaine. Pacers tie it up, 2-2.

And then Biedrins is head and shoulders better than Jeff Foster OR Troy Murphy. I know the guy averages 4 fouls a night, but if he stays clean, he'll be swatting the hell out of your boys all night.

On paper, it's Warriors 3-2. That's why I said the game's up in the air, because its so closely matched. Take last game, for example. The Warriors clearly outplayed the Pacers... but Jackson hit a lucky game-winner. Close game, surprise winner. Same thing could happen today.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:27 am
ChicagoTom wrote:I have very little faith in the Warriors winning tonight. The Pacers will slow the game down and play at their tempo which means the Warriors will have to play their half-court one-on-one, isolation offense which is about as effective as Rex Grossman was in the Super Bowl last night.

The Warriors will struggle tonight offensively against this Pacers team. I have Indiana by 11 tonight.

Which makes me think that we should speed it up, mismatch and play ball the pacers aren't used to. ;)

And Rex grossman's play last night would make me think we have a gem in Alex Smith. Those passes looked like dead ducks...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 pm
****ing pacers by ****ing 17 tonight. I really hate the Warriors right now.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:09 pm
Baron out with a sore knee and looks like Murphy's nose is better to play tonight.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:10 pm
krome wrote:Baron out with a sore knee and looks like Murphy's nose is better to play tonight.

Not good news...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm
I was wondering where Baron was....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm
Anyone surprised Baron "Prima Dona" Davis has quit again????
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:57 pm
Nelson knew Baron was hurting. He said it himself that he was willing to play, but Nellie knew it shouldn't. I'm not suprised by him not playing tonight. This is Baron Davis were talking about. He's always going to have something plague him from an 82 game season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:08 pm
MONTA!!! 3 at the buzzer, Ws 65-40 at the 1/2...it would be hard for them to lose this one of they tried, now...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm
coltraning wrote:MONTA!!! 3 at the buzzer, Ws 65-40 at the 1/2...it would be hard for them to lose this one of they tried, now...

After the 3 on the second replay you could see the Dunleavy Face...love it.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm
coltraning wrote:MONTA!!! 3 at the buzzer, Ws 65-40 at the 1/2...it would be hard for them to lose this one of they tried, now...

You better believe they will try though :-)

Seriously. It's looking like it should be easy now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm
uh oh, lets hope monta's injury is not serious.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 pm
Yeah, its fair to say after that win that we definately won out on that trade.

S-Jax and Al were great and Monta and Andris awesome.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:37 pm
So baron was out with a sore knee? Seems like we play better without him sometimes... Dont ask me why though. Good win anyways

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:14 pm
Never know what to expect from this team...but a great win considering the circumstances surrounding the trade.

Its a relief to see them able to step up when they need too. A loss tonite would have had alot of haters coming out of the swamp.

We definately got the better of the trade based on tonites play, hopefully they can keep that focus agaitnst the T'wolves.

Xrays negative on Monta.....whew....I was sweating that one, when he was face down on the court. :D

If they can get this roadtrip to .500, and rally before the all-star break, we could get some momentum heading down the stretch

Trolloc
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads