Game Thread: Charlotte Bobcats @ Warriors 2007-01-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their win streak against the Bobcats?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:56 am

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 16

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:54 pm
they are lookin very good, and to me they have been looking good ever since the trade, just some bad fourth quarters, tahts all
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:12 am

:mrgreen:

Now that looks a lot more like the Zarko we all know...
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:29 am
I can only imagine how many times Okafor roofs everyone on the team when they try to slash to the basket. Triple double for Okafor 20/15/10. Ws lose by 7.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:56 pm
I worry a bit about tonight's game. The Bobcats have some decent players in Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace, Raymond Felton, Sean May and suprisingly, Matt Carroll as well.

This team has played relatively well of late and showed that last night in beating the Lakers. The fact that they did play the Lakers last night will be an advantage to the Warriors who have been off since Wednesday night.

I think the Warriors will win, but I would like to see them dominate this game from the get go and jump on the Bobcats early. This team can and will hang around tonight if the Warriors let them.

On paper, the Warriors should run away with this one. However, it is easier said than done.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:44 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I worry a bit about tonight's game. The Bobcats have some decent players in Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace, Raymond Felton, Sean May and suprisingly, Matt Carroll as well.

This team has played relatively well of late and showed that last night in beating the Lakers. The fact that they did play the Lakers last night will be an advantage to the Warriors who have been off since Wednesday night.

I think the Warriors will win, but I would like to see them dominate this game from the get go and jump on the Bobcats early. This team can and will hang around tonight if the Warriors let them.

On paper, the Warriors should run away with this one. However, it is easier said than done.

Well, no need to worry anymore.. We jumped out early and kept the lead. I think most importantly... Matt Carrol Struggled which really helped us.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 pm
Hoonyo wrote:I can only imagine how many times Okafor roofs everyone on the team when they try to slash to the basket. Triple double for Okafor 20/15/10. Ws lose by 7.

You really called that one. :wink: :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:22 pm
WHOOOT WARRIORS WINNN THEY BURN BOBCATS!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 am
Wasnt too hard to see that one coming... one of the worst teams in the league even if they have been playing better. And it was the second game of a back to back...

Great win though and it looks like we have some momentum. I see at least a 3-3 road trip and probably better. We should beat all six but i cant be that optimistic.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:03 am
What a fun game, they started red-hot in the beginning, and jesus Al Harrington! I hope he stays this hot for the road trip
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:17 am
Now that's how you disassemble the lower class teams of the NBA. 131... good sh*t. Another 28+ point game for Harrington. He's starting to show consistency on the offensive end. I really hope that New Jersey game was the turning point of the season because the Warriors really need it. Good thing I recorded it to my DVR because I couldn't watch it. 40 points in the first? Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace are defensive stoppers. What happened to them?
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:36 am
Harrington was great, and Powell did a good job in junk time.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:32 am
Dubs4life wrote:Wasnt too hard to see that one coming... one of the worst teams in the league even if they have been playing better.

Yep. What a terrible team Charlotte has. Some good pieces (Okafor, Wallace at times... Felton and Morrison are still a work in progress), but terrible overall. And with a coach as bad as the roster, I may add.

This was the easiest game to predict of the whole season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:29 am
I disagree; I see last season's Warriors when I see the Bobcats. They beat a lot of big name teams (including SA and UTA), but they just can't get a good record. They're a couple key pieces away from making the playoffs. If Morrison can become a more consistent scorer and Felton can break out, that might be all they need. A stud in the free agent market might make them look a whole lot better. Say... Vince Carter?

I like Bernie Bickerstaff, though. He got the Cats to ALMOST come back in the 2nd quarter by continually driving, he called a timeout early in the 3rd and told his team to foul Golden State before they could run the break (which was smart, IMO), and he pulled out the big freak after the cheap shot on Mickael. I think Bickerstaff is a good coach who just needs a break.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:31 am
#32 wrote:I think Bickerstaff is a good coach who just needs a break.

He'll have it once MJ fires him this next offseason...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:46 am
Haha, come one. The guy's decent.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads