Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-01-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors rebound from their lost against the Heat?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 pm

YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:59 pm
Miami Heat (15-19) @ Golden State Warriors (18-19)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Mickael Pietrus
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Miami Heat
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Williams
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Jason Kapono
PF - Udonis Haslem
C - Alonzo Mourning

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.2) | D. Wade (27.7)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.5) | Udonis Haslem (8.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.4) | D. Wade (7.7)
SPG - B. Davis (1.9) | D. Wade (1.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.0) | A. Mourning (2.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 pm
You know, I'd like to say the Warriors will lose this one because the Warriors let any regular shooter look like Kobe, but knowing the Warriors, a performance like against the Magic won't discourage them. Like I said, the freezing weather coming to town starting tomorrow will heat up the Warriors and cool down the Heat!

Warriors win in single digits. Nellie gives a good spanking during Thursday's practice with his mouth and head coach power.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 pm
We need a win. This team is in a funk and no one is stepping up. A blow out would be nice but ill settle for a win. The heat are more then beatable they are sad. We need Baron to Take this team back onto his shoulders. The next three are very winnable. Come on Guys hold on .
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 pm
Wait, WHAT'S the Heat's record right now...?!?!

I'll be at this game, so if the Warriors don't win... I'll spend $100 at the game getting hammered drunk.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:18 am
After the bad showing against the Magic, it is easy to say this will be a loss but the Heat have injuries and are not winning this season. I expect Wade to score over 40 or even 50 and maybe Zo to have a fairly big game but the Heat are not the same and the team should be able to run and score at will

Warriors by 15

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 am
migya wrote:After the bad showing against the Magic, it is easy to say this will be a loss but the Heat have injuries and are not winning this season. I expect Wade to score over 40 or even 50 and maybe Zo to have a fairly big game but the Heat are not the same and the team should be able to run and score at will

The Heat are playing better now. They have Wade back, and have settled for a rotation with less minutes for wild cards like Dorell Wright. They're trying to be back in the playoffs as soon as possible.

Anything can happen, as Nellie will be pretty pissed after the performance against Orlando, but we're pretty banged up right now. I'm calling a Heat win in a close game.

Miami by 5.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:24 am
I am worried about tonight's game. I have a bad feeling about it. As has been mentioned by others, the Heat are playing better this month and I am not sure the Warriors can stay with the Heat, even without Shaq.

I am going to go on a limb here and say that I would not be shocked to see Shaq suit up and play a bit tonight. He was practicing on Thursday and with a small front line, Shaq could dominate this Warriors team.

I guess I sound pessimistic, but I think the Heat will win tonight unfortunately.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:08 am
I heard Shaq is coming back pretty soon??? AB will get dominated by another physical post player!!! AB plays to soft and doesn't give hard fouls just like the rest of the team!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:45 am
The Warriors need a victory worse than a dead man needs a coffin. if the dont win tonights game, then the game on monday will be even bigger. They play the Clipps back to back. They will need some sort of momentum going into both these games ,if they even stand a chance on beating them. The clipps look like they are trying to come out of their year long slump at the right time. They are currently on a 3 game winning streak heading into the show down against the Warriors for the 8th spot. This would be the last thing we need to start the weekend off wrong ,and lose the game against the Heat. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:54 pm
I wonder if Nelson would rather forfeit the game than play Ike?

I love the fans sitting behind Jim and Bob. They are very loud and very pro Warriors and anti refs. They are much more entertaining to listen to on TV than our guys. They really got pissed on Wade's layup/foul when no Warrior was within a foot of touching him.

I'm a little confused after watching the W's Round Table before the game. Bob and Jim had Jason on and kept saying over and over how all the W's had to do was hang around .500 til Jason came back. Then when Jason comes back they will go on some incredible winning streak (all because of Jason of course) and easily make the playoffs. As much as this fantasy sounds fun, I just don't see that happening. I like Jason, but he really struggled without the ball in his hands all the time and that won't change when he comes back.

Even though that tracker thing said the W's only had a 5% chance of winning, I think we'll pull it out. We just need to go inside a bit more and stop that Damn Kapono (is he Reggie Miller against us or what?) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm
THis team looks like it has no will to win. If they dont change pretty damn soon you can kiss the season goodby. They got discouraged by the horrible calls from the refs and let that take them out of their game. Its only the end of the third right now and I dont even have to watch to tell you were are going to lose this game and not by a little. Who knows maybe im wrong and maybe they make a miracle comeback and win and i hope they do prove me wrong but this is just disgusting to watch. Along with dwane wade getting every call from ****ing BENNETTE SALVATORE! The worst ref in the league. Anyone else think D-wade must be blowing salvatore before games? Anyways im getting off topic no one is playing well and they are not playing together at all. I think Nelson needs to start taking some heat also this team is not looking well coached at all.

What a life a warriors fan lives... oh well its still better than cheering for the lakers.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:03 pm
Disgraceful effort!

Only Azubuike deserves any sort of credit. The downtrodden Heat walked all over the team at home! This may be the beginning of the end, like last season.

The defense has got to get better for anything good to happen because other teams just score at will and have it easy.

Again, Diogu productive in the minutes he got

migya wrote:After the bad showing against the Magic, it is easy to say this will be a loss but the Heat have injuries and are not winning this season. I expect Wade to score over 40 or even 50 and maybe Zo to have a fairly big game but the Heat are not the same and the team should be able to run and score at will

Warriors by 15

At least I called this one

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:43 am
Baron,
On The Team's Recent Play
“Basically, I fault myself for the way we’ve been playing. I’ve got some personal issues going on off the court, family problems, and I’ve let them get in the way. We’ve talked about it, and I’m not going to let it happen again.”
“I take full responsibility for where we’re headed as a ballclub, and a large part of that was because I was going through some stuff, some family issues, and not being able to separate that from the court. But I’m tired of losing and us playing bad, so I think it’s just up to me to come back and work through this.”

“We’re all in it (together). We’ve just got to get back on the court and work, and that’s what we haven’t been doing, and that’s what I haven’t been doing. From this point on, we’re going to practice harder, we’re going to work out after practice, we’re going to shoot more as a team, we’re going to play better basketball. That’s pretty much it.”

“I think that it all starts with me, and as a leader of this team, I have to basically go back in the lab – we all do – and commit to turning this thing around. Coach Nelson has been great for us. He’s tried everything. But it comes from within.”
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:04 am
Good post, Broe. And nice of Baron to accept responsibility—but what’s going on is not his fault, of course (or, he’s the least of our problems).
Hell, he’s shouldering the load, and there’s only so much he can do.

Hope he's alright, though.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:11 am
#32 wrote:Wait, WHAT'S the Heat's record right now...?!?!

I'll be at this game, so if the Warriors don't win... I'll spend $100 at the game getting hammered drunk.

Soooo.. how was the drunk tank tonight....
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Next

Return to Game Threads