Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2007-01-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors rebound from their lost against the Heat?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 pm

YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:15 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:After the bad showing against the Magic, it is easy to say this will be a loss but the Heat have injuries and are not winning this season. I expect Wade to score over 40 or even 50 and maybe Zo to have a fairly big game but the Heat are not the same and the team should be able to run and score at will

The Heat are playing better now. They have Wade back, and have settled for a rotation with less minutes for wild cards like Dorell Wright. They're trying to be back in the playoffs as soon as possible.

Anything can happen, as Nellie will be pretty pissed after the performance against Orlando, but we're pretty banged up right now. I'm calling a Heat win in a close game.

Miami by 5.

foil and Pietrus went down with ankle injuries with both sounding severe i heard. Are we are gonna go back to that year where we had maybe 4 or 5 players on the team with those 10-day contracts since we had no healthy bodies left on the team?
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:14 am
CjR wrote:Good post, Broe. And nice of Baron to accept responsibility—but what’s going on is not his fault, of course (or, he’s the least of our problems).
Hell, he’s shouldering the load, and there’s only so much he can do.

Hope he's alright, though.

Yeah, Baron's not the problem. It's nice to hear him accept the blame, but he's not the reason we've lost the last few games. At least, not the main reason.

tkono wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:After the bad showing against the Magic, it is easy to say this will be a loss but the Heat have injuries and are not winning this season. I expect Wade to score over 40 or even 50 and maybe Zo to have a fairly big game but the Heat are not the same and the team should be able to run and score at will

The Heat are playing better now. They have Wade back, and have settled for a rotation with less minutes for wild cards like Dorell Wright. They're trying to be back in the playoffs as soon as possible.

Anything can happen, as Nellie will be pretty pissed after the performance against Orlando, but we're pretty banged up right now. I'm calling a Heat win in a close game.

Miami by 5.

foil and Pietrus went down with ankle injuries with both sounding severe i heard. Are we are gonna go back to that year where we had maybe 4 or 5 players on the team with those 10-day contracts since we had no healthy bodies left on the team?

Greg Oden, here we come!!!!!! :mrgreen:

No, really, this is the worst time of the year to lose games like these. This is the defining time of the season. We have a bad month and we're out of the playoff hunt... and most probably out of the top spots of the draft. F*cking injuries...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:47 am
Defense is the key, always has been! When the players aren't 100% and the shots aren't falling, stopping the opposition a bit is essential and that is the big step the team has to take - Guard somebody

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:10 pm
tkono wrote:
#32 wrote:Wait, WHAT'S the Heat's record right now...?!?!

I'll be at this game, so if the Warriors don't win... I'll spend $100 at the game getting hammered drunk.

Soooo.. how was the drunk tank tonight....

Not sure. I passed out and woke up on my buddy's living room floor.

Knowing the fate of the Warriors beforehand, I drank in the parking lot before the game (to save some cash). I was too plastered to drive home, so I gave my buddy the keys and let him drive. Luckily, through my drunken rage, I managed to take my shoes off before I passed out, so I didn't get drawn on. What a ****ing pro.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads