Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2007-01-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the injured Warriors beat the injured Hornets?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:25 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:13 pm
breezer_79 wrote:So in 30 minutes Davis is 0-5 from the 3pt line and has dished out 2 assists, both of those after half time. Am I wrong or is there something wrong with this picture?? Just because we're lacking a permanent solution at SG atm doesn't mean he needs to swap roles.....Once again Baron's decided that only he can make this team win. Don't get me wrong Baron is a great player having a good season but this sort of crap is starting to p*ss me off.

Oh and where has Ike dissapeared too? Neither Murph, Biedrins or Dunleavy are having any real impact on the game and Nelson still can't find Ike....I'm with Coltraining, its gone from dissapoiting to stupid.

We all knew about Good Nelly and Evil Nelly. Would really hate to see Incompetent Nelly who could not get his team to see that BD one on five and everyone hoisting clunking threes is not good.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:37 pm
Ugly 4th. But they did hit the shots when they needed it the most. Barnes came alive. The kid from the DL did pretty good for his start. The free throw shooting was very depressing at times when the score got close. And all of a sudden, the Warriors chose to go perimeter in the 4th when they had a 13 point lead. Baron played all 48 minutes which may cost him tomorrow but all in all, good play for 3/4 quarters.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:41 pm
breezer_79 wrote:
Oh and where has Ike dissapeared too? Neither Murph, Biedrins or Dunleavy are having any real impact on the game and Nelson still can't find Ike....I'm with Coltraining, its gone from dissapoiting to stupid.

game over and again, glad they won, and very happy to see Barnes continue to excel. The lesson with Barnes is one that I am seeing will come back to bite us on the ass with Diogu, if nelson continues his idiocy with him. Frankly, I had zero interest in watching the 2nd 1/2, cause I was disgusted with Nelson's peevish ways towards Ike tonight. If Diogu was injured, I retract this rant, but otherwise, giving a player 0 minutes a night after he gets 16 points in 18 minutes on 6-8 shooting is just ludicrous. Especially when they are down 2 starters to injury and Murphy is shooting 1-8. If they aren't gonna play him, they may as well trade him so he can come back and haunt them and Nelson can get another undersized soft outside player or slowfooted 7 ' 6 big who shoots 20% from three land. I never paid enormous attention to Nelson before - he always seemed like a run and gun charming rogue who put gimmicky teams together that were entertaining. Now I am beginning to think his personal grudges, disdain for defense and anti-low post ideology have something to do with why he has never won a title in 30 years of coaching...mark my words, Diogu is going to be a star somewhere in this league, and if it ain't here, he is gonna reserve a special hurting for the Ws as he recalls the sh*t way Monty and Nelson treated him his first 2 years. There is a simple solution: Play the man who is 2nd on the team in scoring and first in rebounding per 48 minutes and 2nd on the team in FG%. Ya don't need to be Red Holtzman to figure that one out! The kid is getting a rotten a deal as Dung has gotten a good one. free Ike Diogu! end of rant...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:49 pm
Ike deserves playing time. I'm with ya colt, he really does. With the Warriors down on players, it'd be dumb not to play him. Especially when Murphy does completely nothing other than trying to jack a perimeter shot and watch the rebound and Dun only comes alive late in the 4th rather than the whole game. Now Biedrins can have an impact, he just hasn't been fed the ball much of lately. But I don't understand why Ike isn't playing more than Murphy. At least he rebounds the ball in a physical manner. And the good thing about Ike, is if the Warriors are suddenly perimeter oriented, they can work it inside to him and have him create. Once he's going, the outside game will work out fine.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 pm
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!

I think we need to take this further.....

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:45 am
Ehh bad game by all other than Barnes. Baron shot too much, Ike didnt play, Mp played poorly, AB barely got any touches, Murphy... well hes just murphy, and Dun shot poorly. If it wasnt the hronets no way we would have won.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:20 am
Baron's Quote
On tonight's game.
“We weren’t getting some of the transition looks that we are used to. We took a couple of jumpers early that we shouldn’t have. Coach called time out early and got us straightened out. That’s what helped us get back into it. I found myself taking some bad shots. I told myself after that to concentrate on getting to the bucket. That’s what we all wanted to do.”
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:10 am
breezer_79 wrote:By the way, nice call TMC.....Pargo now on 22 :D

Hey, it was easy. Pargo loves to shoot, we love not playing defense... :wink:

coltraning wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:Oh and where has Ike dissapeared too? Neither Murph, Biedrins or Dunleavy are having any real impact on the game and Nelson still can't find Ike....I'm with Coltraining, its gone from dissapoiting to stupid.

game over and again, glad they won, and very happy to see Barnes continue to excel. The lesson with Barnes is one that I am seeing will come back to bite us on the ass with Diogu, if nelson continues his idiocy with him. Frankly, I had zero interest in watching the 2nd 1/2, cause I was disgusted with Nelson's peevish ways towards Ike tonight. If Diogu was injured, I retract this rant, but otherwise, giving a player 0 minutes a night after he gets 16 points in 18 minutes on 6-8 shooting is just ludicrous. Especially when they are down 2 starters to injury and Murphy is shooting 1-8. If they aren't gonna play him, they may as well trade him so he can come back and haunt them and Nelson can get another undersized soft outside player or slowfooted 7 ' 6 big who shoots 20% from three land. I never paid enormous attention to Nelson before - he always seemed like a run and gun charming rogue who put gimmicky teams together that were entertaining. Now I am beginning to think his personal grudges, disdain for defense and anti-low post ideology have something to do with why he has never won a title in 30 years of coaching...mark my words, Diogu is going to be a star somewhere in this league, and if it ain't here, he is gonna reserve a special hurting for the Ws as he recalls the sh*t way Monty and Nelson treated him his first 2 years. There is a simple solution: Play the man who is 2nd on the team in scoring and first in rebounding per 48 minutes and 2nd on the team in FG%. Ya don't need to be Red Holtzman to figure that one out! The kid is getting a rotten a deal as Dung has gotten a good one. free Ike Diogu! end of rant...

I have stopped trying to understand Ike's treatment by Nellie. It just doesn't make any sense. After his best games, always comes a DNP. Seems like a punishment for performing.

breezer_79 wrote:Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!

I think we need to take this further.....

Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Free Ike Diogu!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am
coltraning wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:

You are right on the money about pretty much everything colt! Nelson's dislike for post players is a big reason he has never won a championship! Diogu not playing this game is just outright ludicrous and it is quite ugly to see!

Very good win in the fact that it was needed but certainly not convincing against a bad team that is nowhere near full strength, with their top 3 players out injured. Barnes is doing great and was the difference tonight. He really could be the SF the team needs because he is doing a bit more than Pietrus.

Murphy played quite badly so there is no logic to not playing Diogu

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads