Game Thread: Warriors @ Toronto Raptors 2006-12-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat a Bosh-less Raptors team?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:21 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 6

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:28 pm
Very bad loss and maybe some laziness and lack of effort is setting in! Should have been a win but they need to focus on the next game. Biedrins is really the key to the team being mediocre and pretty good, he has to show up like he has often this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:06 pm
Dunno what happened here. This was a very winnable game. This just goes to show the inability to win on the road.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:15 pm
Biedrins was 3 for 11?!?!

Thats gotta be a career worst game. :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:35 am
ChicagoTom wrote:This loss was completely unacceptable in my book. Brutal, brutal, brutal defense and defensive rebounding. It was unreal how bad the Warriors were playing defense and trying to secure rebounds.

I thought this was a must-win after Friday's tough loss to the Suns, but the Warriors seemed disinterested in playing any kind of defense and frankly that bothers me.

I am tired of hearing people say, "well, this is a Don Nelson team, you can't expect them to play defense." That crap is not going to fly and until this team decides to put some effort and energy into playing defense and rebounding there will not be a playoff appearance for the Warriors any time soon.

Heck, this team was without their star Chris Bosh and the Warriors let Jorge Garbajosa, Anthony Parker, Morris Peterson and TJ Ford go crazy on them. These are not high powered offensive players, they are average at best and the Warriors made them all look like all-stars.

Every single player was guilty of not playing defense. Monta's on-ball defense and help defense are sub-par and where was Biedrins today? He was awful as well.

This is not the way I was hoping this team would start the road trip. Tomorrow will get no easier at New Jersey.

Nah. its not about don nelson's way of coaching, the players should've rebounded better from the loss to the suns better than giving up for christmas vacation.

Another disturbing Warriors trend through the inept years. We win against the better teams doing everything we can to win. We then lose horribly to the team at the bottom of the basement the next game..
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:57 am
tkono wrote:Nah. its not about don nelson's way of coaching, the players should've rebounded better from the loss to the suns better than giving up for christmas vacation.

Sorry mate, I am going to disagree with you here. Because this is a Don Nelson coached team, I think often times the players feel they can take plays off on the defensive end because Nellie is not a defensive-minded coach and only cares about the offense.

The loss was not all Nellie's fault as I also think the players effort and intensity is what ultimately was their downfall yesterday. However, I think their lack of effort defending and rebounding goes back to Don Nelson's laissez-faire attitude toward defending.

There are reasons Nellie has never won a title as a coach.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:33 pm
WOW !!!

And they made 88 percent of their free throws!
Biedrins 2 for 2 !!!

Do you think there just trying to prove to SoCô¿ôL Bob that
free throws aren't EVERYTHING?

Or that ANYTHING is POSSIBLE :)
To them that practice, try hard and BELIEVE
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:15 am
SoCooLBob wrote:Do you think there just trying to prove to SoCô¿ôL Bob that
free throws aren't EVERYTHING?

That could be what's going on Bob.

You do have to be able to do a few other things in the game of basketball :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads