Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Warriors 2006-12-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors rebound and win against the Kings?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 pm

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes : 12

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:20 am
Artest didn't have a big game. Him and Bibby combined were awful shooting the ball. The only reason why they racked up that many points was because of all the free throws they received thanks to the Warriors not being able sustain ground on a jumper or drive. Martin was the only real bright spot for the Kings.

Biedrins was a beast once again and Barnes exploded offensively. Everyone contributed as much as they could, and Baron didn't have to put up 30+ points. Like I said, Baron does not need to put up a sh*tload of points just so the Warriors can win. When he can get guys to contribute off his ability to create, then the Warriors can win.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 am
The kings really are a sorry ass team. No shotblockers, not much good outside shooting. Not much of a transition game (though Kevin Martin is good at both). I am glad I am not a Kings fan.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:21 am
how bout dundun going 20 6 7
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:09 am
kfresh wrote:how bout dundun going 20 6 7

Doesn't matter anymore. Barnes is the shizznit. :mrgreen:

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:22 am
A great win last night for the Warriors! They needed this one and they got it. The first half was eerily similar to the Seattle game on Sunday, but the second half the Warriors were able to withstand and attempt at a run by the Kings and win comfortably.

This was a total team effort. From Baron getting everyone involved and Andris Beidrins shooting and rebounding well to Matt Barnes' career evening and Mike Dunleavy's solid contribuition off the bench, this was a nice game for the Warriors.

Hopefully Tracey McGrady's back won't allow him to play against the Rockets on Thursday night. I am also hoping that the Warriors can play a better game than they did last Tuesday against the same Rockets.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:09 am

Dumbleavy could have done a lot better. He couldn't even capitolize on the mismatch when Bibby was gaurding him one on one. Towards the end of the third quater, every time down the court there was a series of plays in which Dunleavy would flash to the elbow and would only be guarded by Bibby. Dumbleavy didn't even think about backing him in or doing a turn around jumper. He would pass it out or turn the ball over.

I guess Dumbleavy didn't realize that he is about 8 inches taller Bibby and that he has the advantage in this situation...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 am
Big B wrote:

Dumbleavy could have done a lot better.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's the spirit, Big B.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:15 am
Too many 3s. Glad they won the game. Mike D seriously needs to just step inside the line and hit the mid-range jumper. He's consistent with those and the fans would boo him less since he'd be hitting them. Great games all around from everyone who played including Foyle.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:18 am
Dubs4life wrote:Haha well that helps get the bad taste of the seattle loss out of my mouth. I don't like how we won though. We are not going to shoot 50% from three and 65% from the field every night and barnes and dun definetly cannot be counted on for 30 and 20 respectively each night. Thing I liked best was Murphy not getting a single minute. Still good game just shows how good this team can be certain nights (and we can also have our san antonio and houston nights)

fun to watch but i agree. especially away from the oracle. and how about AB perfect from the line!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:27 pm
Teams might think twice about hack a Andris.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 pm
Great performance!

Barnes looking like a stayer more and more. Pietrus and dun playing well and Biedrins showing he is VERY valuable to the team!

Inconsistent play by the team though this season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:32 pm
migya wrote:Great performance!

Barnes looking like a stayer more and more. Pietrus and dun playing well and Biedrins showing he is VERY valuable to the team!

Inconsistent play by the team though this season

Oh it's very consistant. At home we play pretty well, on the road we suck.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:45 pm
Hoonyo wrote:Too many 3s. Glad they won the game. Mike D seriously needs to just step inside the line and hit the mid-range jumper. He's consistent with those and the fans would boo him less since he'd be hitting them. Great games all around from everyone who played including Foyle.

I agree. We shot way too many 3's, we just happened to make them. This won't happen at all consistently. We need to find other ways to score if we struggle on jump shots.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:08 pm
Mike also did get clubbed twice. The second was called a flagrant but the first seemed to look like one also. I'm not a fan of Dun but that was pretty dangerous hit.

On another note, Biedrins was perfect from the charity stripe! :shock: I doubt that will continue against the Rockets though. He's not consistent from the line. And Barnes had a solid game. Which is one reason why I forget that he was the training camp invitee and Dun was already on the team. I got all caught up with his play that I thought Dun would be one of those T.C. invitees who'd get cut.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:44 am
ChicagoTom wrote:.

Hopefully Tracey McGrady's back won't allow him to play against the Rockets on Thursday night. I am also hoping that the Warriors can play a better game than they did last Tuesday against the same Rockets.

I have to disagree - if McGrady plays on Thursday,i definitely want him playing against the Rockets :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads