Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2006-11-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their winning ways against the Pacers?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 pm

YES
13
100%
NO
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 13

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:48 am
migya wrote:This definately is a disappointing loss! The frontline was outplayed to say the least!

Props to Ellis and baron who carried the team! Baron is taking too many shots though! Close to a triple double, he'll get one or two this season it looks.

Dunleavy did well statistically but I'm interested to hear how he looked and whether he was effective or not.

Al Harrington really came to play! I still didn't want him but the man is capable!

Some games this sort of letdown will happen but the boys need to keep their heads up because they have been real good so far.

Is JRich hurt because he didn't play many minutes?


Dun had a good game. Few mistakes and very efficient on the offensive end. JRich is hurt. Hopefully not too bad. Ankle I think.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:28 am
J-Rich wrote:Murphy sucks!!! We should've traded his ass to the Hawks for Harrington!!!


Except the Hawks didn't want him. They wanted to be under the cap, not a bloated and long contract to add to their payroll.


jsw548 wrote:More reasons we lost to Indy:

Tinsley; 13 points over his season average.
Harrington: 13 points over his season average.
Foster: 6 points over his season average.

It's all about the D.


Yep. That's the main reason, to me. Some games we look good (like against the Jazz), others we completely suck (against Denver or this one).

Blame it on the refs all you want, but we shouldn't have been in a position in which one call changes the whole outcome. We just let the Pacers hang around too much.

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:11 am
This loss really hurts. The Warriors definitely should have won this game. The blown goaltending call hurt, but as others have mentioned, letting the Pacers hang up, or any team for that matter, is a dangerous proposition.

Credit to the Pacers and specifically Stephen Jackson, Jamal Tinsley and Al Harrington for hitting all the big shots down the stretch to keep the Pacers in the game.

What bothered me at the end was all the one on one, individual crap by Baron Davis. I know he made some tough shots late in the game, but was a fadeaway 17-footer the best shot we could have gotten in that situation? I don't think so.

Defensively the Warriors rotations were not fast enough to contest the three pointers of the Pacers. A zone defense is going to allow for some open threes once in a while, but not as many as the Warriors allowed. Defense and rebounding hurt us tonight.

Saturday night will be huge against the Bucks. The Warriors must get back to winning ways before their trip to Texas next week.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:52 am
TMC wrote:Blame it on the refs all you want, but we shouldn't have been in a position in which one call changes the whole outcome. We just let the Pacers hang around too much.


I don't think any of us can predict the outcome had the refs done their job, but like it or not the call did factor into the final result. You can say the Warriors should have played better or what not, but in the end they did lose by 2, and coincidentally, that play was a 4 point swing... :roll:

Personally, it doesnt matter when it happened, first quarter, 2nd quarter or the last 2 minutes of the game, in the end we got screwed...

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 am
ChicagoTom wrote:
What bothered me at the end was all the one on one, individual crap by Baron Davis. I know he made some tough shots late in the game, but was a fadeaway 17-footer the best shot we could have gotten in that situation? I don't think so.



You would think Baron would have seen how quickly and energetically the team played in his absence. And, how much better the team play was.

I was worried about how he would integrate himself back into the lineup and it turns out it is something that needs work.

Murphy seems to be just mired down. So much slower than he seemed to be last year.

Dun seems much quicker and better. Obviously responding to role. Very valuable to team now.

Foyle got a visit from the hand fairy. He can catch anything and never misses! Still, maybe even slower than Murphy.

The plan was to force Indiana into the 3s. Only problem is that they made about 90% of them. Still, the Ws seemed sluggish and wasted a chance to win against an inferior team.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:58 am
~W~ wrote:I don't think any of us can predict the outcome had the refs done their job, but like it or not the call did factor into the final result. You can say the Warriors should have played better or what not, but in the end they did lose by 2, and coincidentally, that play was a 4 point swing... :roll:

Personally, it doesnt matter when it happened, first quarter, 2nd quarter or the last 2 minutes of the game, in the end we got screwed...


Well, my point is that there can be botched calls at any moment. It just happened that this one was at the end of the game. If it had happened in the first quarter, we may have lost the same way and nobody would blame the refs.

It was a bad call, but that call was not the only reason we lost the game. Just a convenient excuse for a weak performance on defense.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:51 am
I beg to differ, TMC.

Sure, they should have done things to make the win more impressive... they should have TOTALLY shut down Indiana... but, in the end, the Pacers put up a magnificent fight and the Warriors struggled to stay in front of them. Give credit to the raging offense of the Pacers (they seriously had the hot hand from outside); don't blame Golden State's defense.

In the end, the Warriors proved to be the better team (just by a hair)... but the ending score doesn't reflect that. You can't dismiss the ref's botched call by claiming, "Well, we should have beat them by even more points!". Obviously, the Warriors were trying to win by as many points as possible... but, in the end, the officiating proved to be too much.

On top of the royal screwjob, the Pacers shot a helluva lot more free throws than the Warriors.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:03 am
I did not get to see the game (still out of town), so I have a question...on paper, it looks like Baron had a terrific game (24/9/9/2/3 is all-star), and yet I am reading from several comments that he went back to a lot of Baronball, one on one while everyone stood around. Is that accurate? I had thought Monta was bringing the ball up. What did people see?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 am
#32 wrote:I beg to differ, TMC.

Sure, they should have done things to make the win more impressive... they should have TOTALLY shut down Indiana... but, in the end, the Pacers put up a magnificent fight and the Warriors struggled to stay in front of them. Give credit to the raging offense of the Pacers (they seriously had the hot hand from outside); don't blame Golden State's defense.


When you allow a career night by Al Harrington from 3pt land (6-8!!!!), another career night by Tinsley (his best game since his rookie season), get beaten on the boards (probably just due to Biedrins foul trouble, tho) and commit more turnovers than the other team... you haven't done a good job.

I mean, no game would be perfect. There are always few flaws here and there. You cannot expect to beat the rival at everything... but when it happens in so many concepts, it means you haven't played a good game. In this case, we played fairly well on offense... but not much on the other side of the court.

btw, Indy's offense hasn't been "raging" since Larry Bird stepped down as Head Coach.

I refuse to blame the refs for a game we should have won easily against a mediocre team, even if they botched a key play.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:10 am
coltraning wrote:I did not get to see the game (still out of town), so I have a question...on paper, it looks like Baron had a terrific game (24/9/9/2/3 is all-star), and yet I am reading from several comments that he went back to a lot of Baronball, one on one while everyone stood around. Is that accurate? I had thought Monta was bringing the ball up. What did people see?

Baron played amazingly; don't let anybody fool you of that.

The problem is, in the final seconds of the ball-game, we ran the same play back-to-back (both called for Baron to post up and shoot a fade-away jumper). Baron made the first one (with 40 seconds or so to go) and everyone went wild.

Baron missed the second one (with, like, 10 seconds left)... and, well... everyone needs a scapegoat, I guess.

TMC wrote:even if they botched a key play.

That's all you needed to say. You acknowledged the screwjob. Even if you think "we should have won", and this, and that... at least you're acknowledging that we got reemed out of a win by the ref's.

I don't care if you're searching for other reasons or not; that one play decided the final outcome of the game.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 am
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:I did not get to see the game (still out of town), so I have a question...on paper, it looks like Baron had a terrific game (24/9/9/2/3 is all-star), and yet I am reading from several comments that he went back to a lot of Baronball, one on one while everyone stood around. Is that accurate? I had thought Monta was bringing the ball up. What did people see?

Baron played amazingly; don't let anybody fool you of that.

The problem is, in the final seconds of the ball-game, we ran the same play back-to-back (both called for Baron to post up and shoot a fade-away jumper). Baron made the first one (with 40 seconds or so to go) and everyone went wild.

Baron missed the second one (with, like, 10 seconds left)... and, well... everyone needs a scapegoat, I guess.


Yeah, besides a few ill-advised shots, I think he did a good job. Probably could have done a bit more on defense (our perimeter defense was nearly non-existant), but that can be said about the whole team, not only him.

btw, Dunleavy's inbound pass lost the game for us as much as any other play.


#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:even if they botched a key play.

That's all you needed to say. You acknowledged the screwjob. Even if you think "we should have won", and this, and that... at least you're acknowledging that we got reemed out of a win by the ref's.

I don't care if you're searching for other reasons or not; that one play decided the final outcome of the game.


I never said it wasn't a mistake, just that we shouldn't have been in that situation.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:16 am
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:I did not get to see the game (still out of town), so I have a question...on paper, it looks like Baron had a terrific game (24/9/9/2/3 is all-star), and yet I am reading from several comments that he went back to a lot of Baronball, one on one while everyone stood around. Is that accurate? I had thought Monta was bringing the ball up. What did people see?

Baron played amazingly; don't let anybody fool you of that.

The problem is, in the final seconds of the ball-game, we ran the same play back-to-back (both called for Baron to post up and shoot a fade-away jumper). Baron made the first one (with 40 seconds or so to go) and everyone went wild.

Baron missed the second one (with, like, 10 seconds left)... and, well... everyone needs a scapegoat, I guess.

Thanks...Yeah, it may have come to down to something as simple as Pacers made 2 huge 3s in the last 30 seconds. BTW, looks like Monta had another enormous game. It is odd, but with JRich out, no one is pulling their hair out, cause the best Ws backcourt is Baron and Monta, pretty much unstoppable. I know it sounds like heresy, but the Ws don't need a 60-70% JRich to win, so I hope he rests up and comes back completely healthy. When does Ike come back, cause they could use his inside presence?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:05 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:27 am
jsw548 wrote:More reasons we lost to Indy:

Tinsley; 13 points over his season average.
Harrington: 13 points over his season average.
Foster: 6 points over his season average.

It's all about the D.


Besides these guys playing better than their averages, the Warriors lost because of the officials incompetence.

Even if we let the no call goal tending slide by the Pacers went 18 for 28 at the line and the W's went 8 for 12.

The refs f'ing blew it and gave the Pacers every tic tac call! :banghead:

Who makes sure that the refs get suspended without pay or fined when they F up games???
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:28 am
TMC wrote:btw, Dunleavy's inbound pass lost the game for us as much as any other play.

How can you say that???

The game was already over; there was only ONE second left on the clock. Without Derek Fisher, the only guys we have capable of making a shot like that are A) Baron Davis, who was triple-teamed and B) Jason Richardson, who was out with a bum ankle.

The game was as good as done. Even if Golden State got the ball, there's no way they'd have made the shot.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:37 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, Dunleavy's inbound pass lost the game for us as much as any other play.

How can you say that???

The game was already over; there was only ONE second left on the clock.


I'm sure the Lakers thought the same thing until Fish hit his shot. If you can't even shoot, you can't win. Period.











btw, I'm just hating on Dun. Nothing serious. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest