Game Thread: Utah Jazz @ Warriors 2006-02-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:34 pm
This game was lost by Montgomery. He had an opportunity to tell his team to foul and send the Jazz to the line and he did not. He should have done this if Okur received the inbounds pass because he was 4-6 from beyond the arc. I know I do not like those odds so why let him attempt a game tying three pointer. If Harpring received the inbounds pass he was shooting under 60% from the free-throw-line, he may not have even made the first free-throw. The bottom line is even if they make one free throw and then manage to get a rebound then some how shoot the ball this all would have to be done in just a few seconds. I think this is much more unlikely then someone making a three point shot at the end of a game. This is especially true if you are going to leave J-Rich in the game when he is hurt.

Also, why did the Warriors not call a timeout after they made the three point basket? Montgomery should have told his team that since we are going to let them shoot a three pointer and not foul if they make it CALL A TIME OUT. Montgomery did not prepare his team during the Jazz time out.

Bottom line is while the Warrior players left the opportunity for the Jazz to win Montgomery had a chance to coach his team to a victory and he did not. I feel it was his poor coaching at the end of the game (and during the entire game) that ultimately cost them this game. This is also not the first time he has been significantly out coached.

Also, I am sick of the bandwagon fans that come to the arena and BOO and heckle the Warrior players because they did not finish the game. Yelling you suck will not motivate anybody to play better or try harder. If you are not happy with the performance just shut-up the players know when they are screwing up.

I am sick of the wannabe fans, wannabe coach, underachieving players, and a GM who did not realize that the team needed a change this year before the trade deadline. Not next year, or the year after, or the year after that, or the year after that. I am sick of the Warriors company line that next year is the year all the peaces will fit.

Whatever, same old Warriors, you gotta love em. That should be their new slogan.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:28 pm
Hey Lords of acid,
you may be right about Montgomery making bad choices, but he wasn't shooting freethrows, if he was they probably wouldv'e gone in!
Those two super rushed freethrows by Mike D that BOTH clanked off the front of the rim showed a supreme lack of confidence from the guy. just pathetic. I wasn't at the game and I don't agree with booing usually but if these multi millionaires can't put in the work to make freethrows they deserve to be booed.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:02 pm
Fans should boo players when they do not do practice the fundamentals of the games. I don't agree with booing when a team plays well and is simply outplayed.

But when a team missees 10 ft's in a 4th qtr. that led to an overtime loss, the team should be boo'd.

Aside from not buying tickets, the only other recourse fans have to voice their displeasure is to boo. Its the fans right, and people who care about this team and have suffered through years of this crap have a duty to boo players on a team that seemingly ingnore the simple fundamentals of the game.
This season is not a flop.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 pm
First, I do think Montgomery was out coached and did not prepare his team during the final timeout. Sure if the players made their free throws his coaching would not matter. Therefore, we do not need him. He brings very little. This has been proven many times during the past two years.

Secondly, the booing is part of poor performances. I can understand the fans booing. I personally feel it does not help the team. This is especially true when they have overcome a twenty point deficit and are trailing by six points in overtime with three minutes left in the game. Bad time for the fans to boo even if the players have just missed critical free throws. I also do not think any fan should shout disrespectful and vulgar insults to the players let alone the players on the team they are rooting for. Completely unacceptable.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:17 am
I agree with Lords...... booing does'nt seem right to me @ all ( unless it's against the other squad of course ). It seems that I'm one of the most loudest fan in the area @ games. DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE ( silent ) CROWD. I prefer more detailed critiques such as " make your effin FT'S", or " don't let that b.s. player beat you off the dribble" and many more as you can imagine........
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:34 pm
Lordsofacid wrote: I also do not think any fan should shout disrespectful and vulgar insults to the players let alone the players on the team they are rooting for. Completely unacceptable.
I agree with this statement.

Booing is still an acceptable and useful voice of the fan. If players don't like being boo'd (like Dunleavy, Murphy, Foyle) they should put forth real effort and show that they care about winning and they won't.
This season is not a flop.
Previous

Return to Game Threads