Game Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ Warriors 11-16-2005

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How many points will the Warriors win/lose by?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 am

+10
9%
+5
82%
+1
9%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:12 am
Milwaukee Bucks (4-2) @ Golden State Warriors (5-3)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Arena in Oakland

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Adonal Foyle

Probable starters for the Milwaukee Bucks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - T.J. Ford
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Bobby Simmons
PF - Jamaal Magloire
C - Andrew Bogut

Team leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (21.9) | M. Redd (26.3)
RPG - T. Murphy (8.5) | J. Magloire (9.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.1) | T. Ford (9.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.0) | T. Ford (2.5)
BPG - A. Foyle (1.9) | J. Magloire (2.3)

Previous Matchups
Nov. 8 - Golden State Warriors (110) @ Milwaukee Bucks (103)
Last edited by krome on Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:38 am
This will be tough because the Bucks have a good squad and will be looking for revenge. If Baron has a good game (we know JRich will because he's been our only consistent player) I say Warriors win by three.
I'll be at the game and hope the prediction pans out.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:40 am
also, we need to update the stat line on the warriors, I know JRich is averaging more than 20

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:44 am
One last thing. Bucks are ranked the 4th best team in the league by ESPN. mostly because they are 4-1. Since that one game came against us, if we beat them on Wednesday we better be ranked higher. We are now ranked 11th which seems about right.
If we win, what a huge confidence builder for this young squad. This feels like the biggest game of the young season.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:05 am
I say Warriors win by within 10, of course I'd like to blow them out (just like how BTT predicted the Bulls game). The game against the Bulls was a confidence boost for our young squad, played good D and had decent offensive output, and Dun sort of came back, so I think we will beat the Bucks once again.
BTW, they are ranked 4th just because of their record, but they've only played 5 games so we'll sink their ranking by beating them again, haha.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:12 am
bit of a danger game. Warriors are no certainty. since it's in Oakland, I'll pick the Warriors in a close one but if dun plays decent enough like in the last game and Pietrus can also score some, then I say Warriors by about 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:24 am
Once again, I'm sure this board is gonna give Milwaukee and their freak batch too much generosity. Warriors by around 5, same reasons as last time... only pencil in Mike Dunleavy having something to prove. Lets make something perfectly clear, folks: Milwaukee isn't a threat to Golden State this season. Next season, maybe, but you guys are jumping the gun on young talent. Give them time.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:38 pm
I agree that everyone is giving the Bucks too much credit, they are certainly nowhere near the top five in the league, not even the top 10 in my opinion. They have, however, been playing pretty well and have not won four games with complete luck. Because they're so hyped, and their only loss has come to the W's, I think this is a huge game for the Warriors that is extremely winnable. I think a lot of people will give them more respect if they win this game. It seems like a lot of the pundits were high on the Warriors at the end of last season, but when everyone started catching on, people started saying they were too hyped, in fear of talking them up and not having it work out. I think it will. Warriors by 6...[/i]
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:28 pm
Bucks are pretty good. They don't have a weak link at any spot really in the starting line up. Not all stars either, other than redd. If they beat Clippers tonight and Warriors tomorrow (which I hope they won't) - will that change your tune? What if they split the games (which I'm guessing will happen)?

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:53 pm
Wow, Bucks getting absolutely freakin crushed by the Clippers tonight. Are the Clips for real?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:02 pm
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:Wow, Bucks getting absolutely freakin crushed by the Clippers tonight. Are the Clips for real?

as long as the clips have a healthy cassell, they should do well.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:17 pm
Well, Cassell is the spark... Maggette's health is also an issue, they've got to hope Brand's past injury are, in fact, "past" issues (he's their best player), and Chris Kaman needs to develop fast. Clippers have good potential if their young players don't fly the coop, like they usually do. The Clippers always seem to have promising, young talent that leaves after 2 or 3 seasons...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:38 am
expect the Bucks' frontcourt tonight dismantle and destroy our frontcourt tonight. They will build a 7-12 point lead by the 2nd half, and by the mid 3rd quarter, the Warriors will make a comeback by none other...Troy Murphy. By the end, we will win by 4 points.

or anohter blowout.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:46 am
The Bucks are not great but they are not to be taken lightly! They have very good offensive players - Redd, Simmons, Ford, Bogut and Magliore can all score.

Every position has a good player and they are no longer a weak team, at least on paper and by how they have played so far.

The Warriors however, have more guns and are playing better defense than they have in years and that should be enough to win this game.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 am
As far as the Clippers - I reckon this team is pretenders. They are playing well but this team always fails and by alot. I like how they are playing but they won't keep it up.

Cassell seems to be the glue of the Clippers and he creates well so far. They have at least 4 scorers in Cassell, Mobley, Maggette and Brand

Next

Return to Game Threads