[PLAYOFFS] Game 1 Thread: Portland Trail Blazers @ Warriors 2016-05-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Sun May 01, 2016 12:04 pm
5. Portland Trail Blazers (4 - 2 REG: 44-38) @ 1. Golden State Warriors (4 - 1 REG: 73-9)

NBA Playoffs First Round, Game 1
Start time: 12:30 PM PST @ ORACLE Arena
Local TV: N/A
Nat TV: ABC

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Shaun Livingston
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Draymond Green
C - Andrew Bogut

Probable starters for the Houston Rockets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Damian Lillard
SG - CJ McCollum
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu
PF - Maurice Harkless
C - Mason Plumlee

Site Admin
» Sun May 01, 2016 12:49 pm
Great start defensively, and by Klay in general. The biggest problem for them is we're too good defensively, and they don't have a single advantage at any position. We practice against ourselves, and they run the same offense.

The difference offensively is we're far more efficient and have multiple options.

Site Admin
» Sun May 01, 2016 12:52 pm
Klay is just filthy right now. There shouldn't be any more questions as to whether or not he could be a top-10 player if he had his own team.

All Star
» Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 pm
You always get magic from Iguodala when hes leading a break and that block by Bogut on Plumtree was huge [-X

All Star
» Sun May 01, 2016 1:08 pm
game stream
Last edited by mullin on Mon May 02, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
» Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 pm
Did not see their bench digging into that deficit at all, let alone as much as they did. What's just as surprising is their starters coming back in to keep them in. Ultimately though, the Warriors only need a couple of possessions to push it back out of reach.

Our ability to play from inside out has really shown the flexibility of our roster and Kerr's coaching ability. We go from being a fastbreak, 3-pt shooting, screen and roll offense, to posting up, kicking out, and offensive rebounding team, in a matter of days.

All Star
» Sun May 01, 2016 3:04 pm
I was hoping they would win by 32 cuz San Antonio won by 32

Site Admin
» Sun May 01, 2016 3:23 pm
Stairway Man wrote:I was hoping they would win by 32 cuz San Antonio won by 32

As we proved all season, it doesn't matter how much you win by as long as you win. Also, that score was simply cosmetic - the game was over at the end of the half when the Blazers couldn't capitalize on the run their bench went on, then it was really over after about 5 min into the 3rd.

A story of two different types of opponents - OKC doesn't finish games nearly as well as the Blazers do.

Also, I'd love to see if SA could blowout a playoff team without Leonard or Aldridge.

People acting surprised that the Dubs are still so good without Curry is just ignorance. We're still an amazing team without him, with him we just become potentially the GOAT. 73 wins, 78 now and counting. [-X As Ive said, this isn't coincidence.

Starting Lineup
» Sun May 01, 2016 5:11 pm
Another great win by this great team with Klay leading the way.

All Star
» Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm
A great win and start to the series. Klay really showed again that he is among the great players in the nba now. Draymond also showed he is among the best right now and don't think Portland has anyone to defend him either. Really looked like a good game from most players. Lillard seems to really get up to play the Warriors.

I noticed Ezeli didn't play, does anyone know why.

Site Admin
» Mon May 02, 2016 12:47 am
migya wrote:Lillard seems to really get up to play the Warriors.
In the 4th quarter and in that one game after the AS break, other than that he's on a milk carton offensively and their most exposed player defensively. He was hot garbage through 3, they probably would need so much "Lillard" time if he didn't have the worst shot selection ever through the first 3 quarters. Klay's D on him was amazing too, and obviously let.up closer to harbahe time.

The box score was incredibly misleading.

migya wrote:I noticed Ezeli didn't play, does anyone know why.
Hard to say. We didn't need him, but he hasn't looked great since coming back asides for a few games, and didn't really have an impact the last series from what I saw. Also AJ plays a lot more like Bogut, and since Bogut has been dominating, I'd suppose we'd want to maintain as much continuity as possible while we're having success.

I've also noticed Kerr playing some guys more minutes one game, then having them ride the bench the next, so there might be a bit of a chess game happening there. I wouldn't be surprised to see a preemptive adjustment to go more small at tipoff, assuming the Blazers will do the same to get Lillard and CJ more open looks.

Starting Lineup
» Mon May 02, 2016 1:30 pm

All Star
» Mon May 02, 2016 3:35 pm
Screenshot (258).png
Screenshot (258).png (102 KiB) Viewed 1734 times