[PLAYOFFS] Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2016-04-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:10 pm
8.Houston Rockets (0 - 0 REG: 41-41) @ 1.Golden State Warriors (0 - 0 REG: 73-9)

NBA Playoffs First Round, Game 1
Start time: 12:30 PM PST @ ORACLE Arena
Local TV: N/A
Nat TV: ABC

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Draymond Green
C - Andrew Bogut

Probable starters for the Houston Rockets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Patrick Beverley
SG - James Harden
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Donatas Motiejunas
C - Dwight Howard

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (30.1) | J. Harden (29.0)
RPG - D. Green (9.5) | D. Howard (11.8)
APG - D. Green (7.4) | J. Harden (7.5)
SPG - S. Curry (2.1) | T. Ariza (2.0)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.6) | D. Howard (1.6)

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:37 pm
They were somewhat of a rival last season, even though we went 8-1 against them, but mainly because of the fans and the media stirring the pot, The MVP "race," and Harden unable to keep his big, bearded mouth closed.

They first key for this series is for us to NOT PLAY DOWN - we should have finished the regular season with more like 78 wins, but we have a very annoying tendency to play down to lesser opponents... well, that's everyone, but garbage teams.

Rockets barely made it in to the playoffs, being the first team to make it in out of the West with a non-winning record - they're the first team to do that THIS MELINIUM!!! Not since the 98-99 T-Wolves has a Western team gone to the playoffs without a win over .500, and they were 25-25 due to a shortened season. The '07 We Believe Dubs were pretty much the "worst" regular season team to make the post season this century until now.

Which brings me to the next key - remember the '07 Dubs, more specifically the '07 Mavs - don't be that team! We shouldn't lose a single game to this team, we're simply in a different solar system, and we've proven it over and over. The huge difference between this 1 vs 8 and 2007 is the fact that they have absolutely no match-up advantages over us. In fact, their probably the most perfect match-up for us.

Leading into my final key is the fact that we're at our best when our defense feeds our offense, whether it's just shutting them down, goading them into bad shots, or turnovers. Well, it just so happens that Harden just set the season record in turnovers with 374! He's also the absolute definition of a volume shooter - if it wasn't for his "amazing" ability to get to the line, he's efficiency would be an absolute joke (30% of his pts are from the FT line, Curry is 15% for comparison). If we don't beat ourselves, play good, CLEAN D, and value possessions, Harden and Co will hand us the series on a silver platter.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:44 pm
Ugly start to the game. We really need to get our minds right because they're looking like the hungrier team right now... even though it's still 0-0 with 2.5 min played.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:45 pm
Wow, our D is stellar right now though. 20 seconds later, we're up 6-0, lol.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:56 pm
lol Beverly. I recall a Rockets fan saying something like, "Beverly would f*** Curry up!" and someone promptly replied, "except at basketball." lol

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:58 pm
Wow, not sure if that was a flop or what...

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:01 pm
All according to plan. We definitely have a few things to clean up, but as Jalen Rose said, "STEPH CURRY SHOWS UP!" Also as Rose said, he obviously took exception the idiotic Player Awards, as did our entire team for the all the "yeah, but" asterisks other fans, players, and the world tried to put on our championship.

THIS SH*T AINT NO ACCIDENT, THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES, AND WE AREN'T, BY ABSOLUTELY NO MEANS, A FLUKE! WE REALLY ARE THAT GOOD! Harden's going to regret saying thay until the day he dies without a single ring.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:17 pm
Well, I hope I didn't speak too soon, because they came out of the locker room in the 2nd half looking like they want to let the Rockets back into this game.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:12 pm
A great dominant win. Good to see Curry play well and play little, thought the other three starters should have played under 30mins as well. I thought Harden would at least have one bad game and he did in this one. Hopefully the team sweeps and gets some rest.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:55 pm
Even the idea that we're so good that we can rest players in a playoff series is crazy. Curry tweaking his ankle could be a blessing in disguise give the rest he got and the realization of my first point.

All Star
» Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:56 am
JREED wrote:Well, I hope I didn't speak too soon, because they came out of the locker room in the 2nd half looking like they want to let the Rockets back into this game.

Dont like to see Varejo in the playoffs unless its a huge blowout and with Clark and him in at the same time that was an ugly lineup but Kerr got them out soon enough.