Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2015-06-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:34 pm
Cleveland Cavaliers (0 - 1) @ Golden State Warriors (1 - 0)

Start time: 5:00 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: None
Nat TV: ABC

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Cleveland Cavaliers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Timofey Mozgov
PF - Tristan Thompson
SF - LeBron James
SG - Iman Shumpert
PG - Matthew Dellavedova

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (23.8) | L. James (25.3)
RPG - D. Green (8.2) | K. Love (9.7)
APG - S. Curry (7.7) | L. James (7.4)
SPG - S. Curry (2.0) | L. James (1.6)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Mozgov (1.2)

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:23 pm
Awful game by the team and they deserved to lose. Would have been good to steal that one but Cleveland deserved to win. Amazing how the team has played down to the weak Cleveland team, probably thought it was going to be easy with both Love and Irving out.

They have to get their hearts for the rest of the series.

Site Admin
» Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:58 pm
migya wrote:Awful game by the team and they deserved to lose. Would have been good to steal that one but Cleveland deserved to win. Amazing how the team has played down to the weak Cleveland team, probably thought it was going to be easy with both Love and Irving out.

They have to get their hearts for the rest of the series.

Curry* It was an awful game by Curry.

I said after Kyrie was done that the only chance the Cavs had to even win one would be for LeBron to score 50+ (he had 39 but his 16 boards and 11 assists more than covered that in the end), LeBron would need to play much better D than he's been playing all year (he was pretty good in that regard, but our shot selection and poor decisions made up for any deficiency), and the Splash Bros would need to be ice cold... Well, I never thought that it would be Klay having the best playoff performance of his career and Curry would be so bad that he'd completely negate it.

It's so rare to see Curry just sh*t the bed... That's basically the last thing you'd think would happen. I guess we learned that lesson as fans, and I hope our team did as well. STOP SHOOTING 3s WHEN THEY AREN'T GOING IN! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, what Curry did at the end of regulation was clutch as hell, but we would have never been in that position if he would have stopped taking bad shots. To his defense, yeah, he normally hits those, but it was obvious early on that those shots weren't falling tonight.

I would like to give credit to the Cavs, and I'm normally not a salty fan, but we bailed them out more times than I care to remember. They do deserve credit for hanging in there while being so short handed, Delly did make it hard on Steph, and they did hit some big shots when they needed them, but Jesus we looked bad offensively. Curry needed to just pass the damn ball, too many forced shots...

Well, looks like we have a series again.