Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2015-06-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:50 am
Cleveland Cavaliers (0 - 0) @ Golden State Warriors (0 - 0)

Start time: 6:00 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: None
Nat TV: ABC

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Cleveland Cavaliers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Timofey Mozgov
PF - Tristan Thompson
SF - LeBron James
SG - Iman Shumpert
PG - Kyrie Irving

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (23.8) | L. James (25.3)
RPG - D. Green (8.2) | K. Love (9.7)
APG - S. Curry (7.7) | L. James (7.4)
SPG - S. Curry (2.0) | L. James (1.6)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Mozgov (1.2)

Site Admin
» Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:26 am
Krome, I bet it felt pretty good making this post.

» Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:27 am
If we win it all, I think it would be really nice if Krome was to make a Championship thread.

All Star
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:50 pm
:D

Site Admin
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:38 pm
krome wrote: :D

:D

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:05 pm
Lets go Warriors!

Site Admin
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:27 pm
Gonna be backed up on the DVR a little as usual.. I think the fact we're in the Finals just hit me after that on the court CGI bit...

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 pm
The team has been average and is barely behind at half time. Looks good for the rest of the game and think Klay will do a little more. Good to see Kerr go to the bench early. Could have gone sour but they picked up the energy and actually brought the team back a bit. Don't think Cleveland can play much better than what they did the first half as well, just don't think they have that much talent and rely on JR Smith to hit often from the outside. The team's defense again has been very good and it is just the offense that has to pick it up.

Site Admin
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:45 pm
Yeah, JR has really hurt us this far, but I agree that Kerr did a great job flexing our bench muscles. It's got to be demoralizing for the Cavs to play so well and to slapped in the face with the reality that our bench is really just that good.

If you're a Cavs fan and you're just now seeing the Warriors you're thinking one of two things, either there's no way their branch can keep this up, right? Or we're so screwed. They could be thinking that LeBron has yet to really show up, but really neither have our starters.

» Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:36 pm
Timofy is kicking our butts on those offensive boards. And those jams.

Warriors got more depth. But that doesnt matter if their starters are outplaying ours.

» Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm
Mozgov is outplaying Bogut. And Draymond did nothing pretty much.

» Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:51 pm
Wow, don't want to see anyone get hurt. But man, Irving going down is huge blow for cavs.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 pm
Great win in overtime. Think the team didn't play that well, more so offensively. Kerr will have to address the rebounding of TThompson and Moscov getting free for scores. Think that playing Lebron mostly in single coverage and having him shoot midrange shots is a good strategy. He went off for over 40 points but was somewhat inefficient and the other players for Cleveland didn't get involved that much.

Good to win the first game and hopefully Irving is alright, for them and us because I want to beat them at near full strength.

Site Admin
» Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:32 pm
I've been saying it ever since Love went down that Thompson is a better fit and that they're a much better team without him even on the roster since he'll take too much PT. I've also harped on that Eastern-style, LeBron, hero/ISO offense and how a player like Love is a horrible fit for James unless he's relegated to only perimeter shooting. The Cavs have no excuse because they don't have Love. He would have been little more than a distraction, taking touches away from James, because it was Thompson and Mozgov's rebounding that kept them in this game.

I sincerely mean it when I say, it sucks about Kyrie. I really didn't want to win like this, considering that I feel like the Warriors could win against a healthy Cavs team, it takes something away and give Cleveland and legitimate excuse. Especially when they can claim that they were in this game/series until he went down. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I'd definitely bet my pay check if it would net me more than a laughable %.

LeBron can still make a series, but he'll need to play much better D than he has all season, which has been his worst in that regard. He'll also need to score 50 at least three times to keep up. Either that, or the Dubs continue to turn it over a lot and go ice cold.