Game Thread: Warriors @ Houston Rockets 2015-05-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri May 22, 2015 1:08 pm
Golden State Warriors (2 - 0) @ Houston Rockets (0 - 2)

Start time: 6:00 PM PST @ Toyota Center
Local TV: None
Nat TV: ESPN

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Houston Rockets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Dwight Howard
PF - Josh Smith
SF - Trevor Ariza
SG - James Harden
PG - Jason Terry

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (23.8) | J. Harden (27.4)
RPG - D. Green (8.2) | D. Howard (10.5)
APG - S. Curry (7.7) | J. Harden (7.0)
SPG - S. Curry (2.0) | J. Harden (1.9)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Jones (1.8)

Hall of Famer
» Sat May 23, 2015 7:18 pm
Nice first half, 25pt lead. 3-0 would be almost unbeatable. Good to see the team realise that and come out focused on both ends.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 7:27 pm
Wow!!! Unbelievable! What a great start. I missed the 1st half unfortunately but I'll be tuned into the 2nd half. Looks like we've blown them off the court so far. I hope they keep it up.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 7:30 pm
Looking at the box scores. Big differences in both benches. Our bench has made 7 fg from 13 attempts. The Rockets bench have shot 0 from 9 so far.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 7:39 pm
What the hell??? How is that a foul on Bogut? Refs are trying to make a game of this getting Bogut to sit with 4 fouls.

It's also a shame I have to listen to Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy commentating.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 7:50 pm
OMG! :shock: The MVP is putting on a clinic. Steph Curry is a freak! :D

Site Admin
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:09 pm
The refs have been extremely suspect both ways tonight. I've been pleased with the officiating this postseason, particularly this series, but they've gotten a lot wrong tonight. There's been si many phantom fouls, and plenty of times they've called something the opposite way they should have.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:13 pm
JREED wrote:The refs have been extremely suspect both ways tonight. I've been pleased with the officiating this postseason, particularly this series, but they've gotten a lot wrong tonight. There's been si many phantom fouls, and plenty of times they've called something the opposite way they should have.

You're dead right Jreed. The refs are definitely not treating this like a playoff game.

Site Admin
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 pm
31 pt lead. Game over. Series over.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 pm
Ezeli is playing his best game in the playoffs. He's showing good touch making plays and baskets.

Site Admin
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:19 pm
Yeah, my problem has been the complete lack of consistency - admittedly so by the refs too. When they pull crap like waiting to blow the whistle to see if the shot is good, situational officiating, and these ridiculous techs (on both teams).

Site Admin
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:24 pm
Yeah Ezeli is gonna get paid. I really wish things would have worked out to where we could have him replace Bogut, but I don't see us letting him go anytime soon.

I thought he might workout as a PF, similar to Ibaka. Maybe there's still time, and it wouldn't shock me considering the strides he's made offensively. Staring 5:

Curry
Klay
Green
Ezeli
Bogut

Would make the league's best D even better, and probably the best inside presences in the league.

Starting Lineup
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:32 pm
This has been a smash up. It's hard to see how the Rockets can come back for the next game.

Hall of Famer
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:46 pm
What a great win and really a dominant showing of what the team they face in the finals might face and what might be in store for the next few years, hopefully so. So great to be a fan of this team now after all the years of awful management and performance.

Site Admin
» Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 pm
BRANDON MOTHERF*$&#%$*% RUSH!!!!