Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2015-05-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 am
Houston Rockets (0 - 0) @ Golden State Warriors (0 - 0)

Start time: 6:00 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: None
Nat TV: ESPN

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Houston Rockets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Dwight Howard
PF - Josh Smith
SF - Trevor Ariza
SG - James Harden
PG - Jason Terry

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (23.8) | J. Harden (27.4)
RPG - D. Green (8.2) | D. Howard (10.5)
APG - S. Curry (7.7) | J. Harden (7.0)
SPG - S. Curry (2.0) | J. Harden (1.9)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.7) | T. Jones (1.8)

Site Admin
» Tue May 19, 2015 7:27 pm
What a run! I can't believe I'm watching the two top 3 pt shooting teams just live in the paint.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 19, 2015 8:57 pm
Great win and good response to the early Houston runs. The run at the end of the game shows another time the team stepped up. Both teams do seem similar, especially using the outside shot alot. Bogut was outplayed by Dwight by a large margin and he'll have to not foul as much and go at Bogut a bit more offensively. Livingston was great, probably his best game this season. He can create a big mismatch with his size at PG.

Klay stepping and scoring a bit more will be key in the series because he didn't shoot well and obviously he has to defend Harden, no small job, but when he attacks offensively it causes havoc for the opposition. Their starters outscored ours and so our bench had to outscore theirs. Barnes and Ariza is a key matchup as well and Ariza, unlike Jeff Green, performs well and Barnes, though playing well, got outplayed this game. Green also has to outplay JSmith and I think he should take it to the basket on him, force JSmith to defend one on one where he is not at his strongest, he is more of a weak side defender.

Great win and if the team can go up 2-0 they can come out hard and put extreme pressure on Houston in game 3.

Site Admin
» Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 pm
Harden was great tonight even without the bailout calls, but he still needs to give them more defensively and in the hustle game
- he just get in a hero-ball / iso mode. It kills them when he's not 100% on, and it's not like they dig themselves out of the hole since the Warriors just answer back on the other end - largely thanks to him.

I don't make many predictions, but I'm gonna bet that if they go up 2-0, this series is over. These aren't the LA Chokers.

Starting Lineup
» Wed May 20, 2015 4:15 am
Great start to the series. It seems like the Rockets threw everything they had at the Warriors in the 1st half and the Warriors still found a way to come back and lead at the half. That must have be pretty demoralising for the Rockets.

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 21, 2015 12:43 am
JREED wrote:Harden was great tonight even without the bailout calls, but he still needs to give them more defensively and in the hustle game
- he just get in a hero-ball / iso mode. It kills them when he's not 100% on, and it's not like they dig themselves out of the hole since the Warriors just answer back on the other end - largely thanks to him.

I don't make many predictions, but I'm gonna bet that if they go up 2-0, this series is over. These aren't the LA Chokers.

Harden did well but Kerr has to set it up that as Harden drives om Klay someone, I'd rather it be whoever is at PF because JSmith is a pretty bad outside shooter and Jones doesn't shoot it well at all, should come to double team when Harden is at about the 10-15ft area because that is where Harden stops, steps back and hits that jump shot. Someone coming for the double team from the weak side, not the side where Harden is driving on which is usually to his left, would mean someone is there to challenge his shot. He is a hassle taking it all the way because he draws fouls but someone looking to take a charge seems like a smart option. I think the team needs to go hard at Harden defensively and make it undesirable for him to take it himself. I'd like to see the other Houston players shoot it more, though they have had success in the past at that, but it takes them away from doing their usual thing of having Harden take alot of shots.