Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2013-05-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:04 pm
Impressed by this groups resiliency. Things were looking pretty bleak throughout the game. It was difficult to watch at times, but they dug deep and pulled it out. The growth of this team in such a short period of time is a testament to upper management and the coaching staff. Helluva win. Looking forward to game 5.

Dubs die hard for life! Go Warriors!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm
We've already surpassed expectations just by being here....now winning two against the seasoned spurs...hey might as well win the next two and move on...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:We've already surpassed expectations just by being here....now winning two against the seasoned spurs...hey might as well win the next two and move on...

I've thought about that a little bit. I think that may be a double-edged sword. The more we succeed in this year's playoffs, the higher we set the bar for next year, thus increasing the pressure and expectation for the team. We've shown we succeed with an underdog mentality, but how will this team handle it when pundits and analysts expects us to win.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm
I'm more and more impressed by Barnes the more I see him play. He's basically got everything in his game. He can do it all. Now he just needs to work and improve, so that he's consistent. He's only 20 ! Imagine what he'll be like at 25. I think he'll be an all-star. With his abilities and work ethic, I say barring injury it's inevitable. He's already shown he's not afraid of the big stage, at all. And a ballplayer like him works very hard, in the summer he's learning new moves, and polishing the ones he knows, tricks on defense and rebounding, etc... Learning bit by bit all the little things at NBA speed, to the point it becomes instinct. Very high upside on this guy.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 pm
8th ave wrote:
nickdakoolkat wrote:We've already surpassed expectations just by being here....now winning two against the seasoned spurs...hey might as well win the next two and move on...

I've thought about that a little bit. I think that may be a double-edged sword. The more we succeed in this year's playoffs, the higher we set the bar for next year, thus increasing the pressure and expectation for the team. We've shown we succeed with an underdog mentality, but how will this team handle it when pundits and analysts expects us to win.

Curry, Thompson, and Barnes are all still very young. They will continue to improve. So if expectations are higher because of what happened this year.....I think they will be able to meet them. Those guys should all be even better next year.

We shouldn't even be talking about next year now anyway. They've got a chance to be in the conference finals. Let's do this !
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:44 pm
I had to work today and unfortunately missed the game. Sounds like it was a gutsy win by the Warriors and a good game from Jack when we really needed it. The Warriors have already exceeded my expectations in these playoffs but from what I've seen, there is no reason why we can't win this series. Hopefully Curry's ankle will hold out for a few more games.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm
Don't think they win this game without Barnes stepping up, he made some clutch shots....and a rookie. Wow. Keep this nucleus together is all I can say. Their continued development and reaching potential = Warriors are contenders.
Previous

Return to Game Threads