All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm
just like that.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:45 pm
Keep coming at 'em hard! Lets Go Dubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 pm
This win is hanging in the balance. Fuuuuuuuuuuk.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm
Can't get out-hustled all night while making bad decisions and expect to win.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 pm
Game over. Died by the jumper in this one.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 pm
That's it.

We played bad on offense, and defense was far from great.

IMO, Jack was horrible tonight, pathetic defense throughout the game, bad shot selection, bad clock management, and he didn't involve his teammates.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 pm
Guybrush wrote:That's it.

We played bad on offense, and defense was far from great.

IMO, Jack was horrible tonight, pathetic defense throughout the game, bad shot selection, bad clock management, and he didn't involve his teammates.

Yeah thus far, judging from his performance this post season, I'm not sure we're too worried about signing him next season considering his price tag.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm
A few hundredths of a % shooting +/- for both teams and we win this one. We looked like the nuggets in the last series missing layups (Bogut) and open jumpers (Curry).
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Or a few non-calls on Spurs flops...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm
Bad loss being at home and all, but look at it, the Spurs shot well and we didn't and still had a chance to win it. Curry and Klay were much less than they have been, Parker was awesome and we still are there at the end. The team has been far better than the Spurs and really, it should be 3-0, which it isn't.

They have to win the next game ofcourse.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 pm
I think Hubie Brown likes Tim Duncan so much because their the same age
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm
D.Lee had a better 5 minutes tonite than any of our players had in any 5 minute stretch tonite. We gotta get quality minutes from everyone on our bench in order for our starters to remain fresh throughout the series. What an ugly loss! They smothered the ball-handler all night long, and we had no answer. Which brings me to our pick and roll on offense. Our ball-handlers have to be some of the worst at running defenders off screens in pick and rolls. I don't remember a instance in tonight's game where we gained any separation from either defender on the pick and roll. While the Spurs had wide open look after wide open look all game long. Our half-court offense has to be able to execute pick and rolls in order for us to win this series. Otherwise we will continue to settle for jumpers from outside of 15 feet and the number of lower % shots will come back to haunt us.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:31 am
Jack is awful, HE is the reason we lost.
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:20 pm
WarriorJoe wrote:I think Hubie Brown likes Tim Duncan so much because their the same age

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:24 pm
1, I wouldn't wipe my ass with Jarrett Jack last night. When that dude doesn't score, his whole game falls apart. I've been hard on him all year long because I still don't trust him to be the 3rd option on this team. I like him as a complementary player; not as the center of the offense. Yes, he only committed 2 turnovers, but I count a lot of those possessions where he dribbled out the shot-clock for 20 seconds and forced the team into a rushed, ill-advised outside shot (either from him or somebody else) as turnovers. He couldn't defend anybody; Tony Parker zipped by him, Manu Ginobli schooled him, Kawhi Leonard shot over him. If I could have changed one thing about last night, it would have been: less Jack, more bigs (Festus Ezeli, Draymond Green). Jack was -19 last night; worst on the team.

2, Bogut has been great all playoffs, but this Spurs team demands a different approach on defense and he needs to get over himself. I know he plays the percentages and dares teams to shoot because his job is to prevent lay-ups and reject inside shots, but you HAVE to get a hand-up on Duncan or Parker from midrange. Duncan is getting all he wants when he faces up outside of 6 feet and he's not JaVale McGee or Kosta Foufus; you MUST contest Duncan's jumpers. Ditto for Parker on the pick-and-roll. And seeing as Bogut got burnt twice by Parker finishing cleverly inside, you can't say that he's stopping lay-ups at the expense of floaters. Ezeli's mobility is useful against San Antonio and he deserved more minutes than just 15. I love the big lineup that started the game. Ezeli and Bogut need more minutes side-by-side; especially since the Spurs aren't exactly killing it for three. If Bogut is gonna camp in the paint, you need a big like Ezeli who will contest jumpers.

3, can the Warriors can more from David Lee? I know he's a liability on defense... but he always has been. The Spurs went right at him; switching him onto Parker via pick and rolls, but if Lee gives ground and gives the guards ridiculous space from outside, I really don't mind Tony Parker shooting from 17 feet out. Lee is still a better offensive player than Green, Ezeli, and Barnes... ON ONE LEG. His and-1 put back and forceful defensive board shot the team in the arm in a major way. I don't need 30 minutes from Lee... but I'd like to see him making more than just 1 appearance. Maybe he's in a ton of pain and he's just hiding it well, but he's helping a lot when he's in and I'd like to see him get 10 minutes in 2 or 3 minute spurts in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter.

4, I don't buy that Danny Green can shut down Curry. Bad game yesterday, but Curry found a way to best the trio of lock-down guys that Denver threw at him (Iggy, Brewer, Chandler). I know he's a sharp-shooter, but Curry is getting anything he wants on the drive cause San Antonio is overplaying him. The great ones adjust; Curry's gotta penetrate more and stop withdrawing from the offense when the Spurs saturate him on the three-point line.

5, grab the reigns, Barnesy. The team needs you. Klay and Curry are getting all the attention; Jarrett Jack is being turned into a passer :roll: and San Antonio is daring the Warriors to beat them with their power forward. Landry's game doesn't help against the low-post defense of the Spurs (unless he gets Diaw or Bonner alone on the block... and even then, the Spurs help extremely well). Barnes needs to act as the stretch 4 and punish San Antonio for daring him to be the offense. If Draymond Green can contribute, Barnes should be going off. 18 points from Barnes would do wonders for this team. I'm not asking him to be the franchise and get 30 points, dragging us to victory. But dammit, this guy needs to be a bigger part of the offense than guys like Jack, Bogut, Green, and Landry. Mark Jackson hasn't asked much of him all year. Its playoff time. Time to break out, young gun.

6, I said an efficient night from one of the Spurs role players would be huge trouble for us. That man, last night, was Boris Diaw. 4-for-5 made Jackson adjust to him and that gave Duncan a side to himself, going retro en route to a 23 point, 10 rebound, 3 assist, 2 block, 1 steal game. Thus far, Duncan isn't beat the Dubs; Parker and Ginobli are. Ginobli in game 1, Parker in game 3. The Warriors' backcourt is better. Yeah, I said it. They are better than Parker and Ginobli, especially defensively. Parker and Ginobli put up 44 last night, Klay & Steph got 33. In games 1 and 2, BOTH of which the Warriors SHOULD have won, Klay and Steph combined for 119 while Parker and Ginobli got 76. This series comes down to the backcourt. Ours HAS to be better for us to win. Last night, Parker was the best player. In the first 2 games, it was Steph then Klay. Tomorrow, they need to combine for 45 in order for the Warriors to win.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads