Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:32 pm
Just got caught up on the TiVo to say, "ouch"
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm
Totally different team..speaks volumes of how important home court advantage is for us.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 pm
Not sure I agree with not fouling with 25 seconds left down by 7. I know it would be miracle but a few missed FTs and a few 3s... ahh f*ck it.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:02 pm
Yeah, it's a 1% chance you come back at that point, but at least try and foul. You have Steph and Klay to toss up 3's on the other end.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm
Eh they showed heart at the end, but at the end of the day, they didn't deserve to win this one. Players, coaches, everyone.

- Out of the gate came out with a mentality that reflected a 3 to 1 lead...no urgency
- Nuggets got smart finally playing big with Faried and McGee. not surprisingly, 15 off. rebs.
- Jarrett Jack in hero mode, trying to do too much
- Someone get Klay the ball more than once a month

Nuggets found a weakness -- Harrison Barnes at PF -- that the W's better fix for game 6. This reminded me of Nelly ball and it made me cringe. Barnes isn't a PF, it's an unsustainable gimmick, and games like this show that it's not gonna win. They can't rely on Oracle every time, Mark Jackson's gonna need to play some sound lineups instead of gimmick small ball.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 am
Got spanked in the 1st half, but to come back the way they did, this team is better than Denver, totally it seems. Bad game from Curry and Bogut and the team still had a chance to win and in Denver, the supposedly impervious home of the Nuggets. That's three games there, two were barely losses and one quite a spanking dished out by us. The Warriors look great and the small ball type strategy seems to be working. I think Barnes, who was highest scorer for the team and barely behind Iggy for the game, cuases some havoc for the Nugs. Faried is just not used to guarding an outside shooter and quick player like Barnes and he is failing miserably trying to so far.

Like Dallas back in 2007, Denver can't handle the shooting and speed of the Warriors, just this time the team rebounds very well and has better defense.

I honestly think the team can give San Antonio fits, as they likely will also have a hard time with the speed and outside shooting.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm
Spurs are elite at defending the three ball.
Previous

Return to Game Threads