Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-03-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:12 am
A road loss against a top 2 nba team in nothing to worry about. The team has to get a winning streak at home.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am
Game notes:

- I'm sure I sound like a broken record at this point, but who noticed the Spurs absolutely take off after Ginobli was inserted into the game? His primary defender? Klay Thompson. Ginobli not only scored, but his facilitation got his entire cast involved and San Antonio never looked back. Klay Thompson fan or not (and I am, even though I hold him accountable on defense), EVERYONE should see by now the glaring need for a perimeter defender. To his credit, Bazemore did a MUCH better job on Ginobli in the 4th than Thompson did all game. But the fact remains: it was a tie game until Ginobli became the point of emphasis on offense.

- There's no shame in Bogut's game last night. Yes, he's a big guy. He's our defensive cog. He was acquired to body up the 7-footers. But nobody in their right mind would claim he's a better player than Duncan, so last night's result was to be expected. Despite a poor shooting night, for his standards, Bogut kept Ginobli and Leonard on the perimeter for most of last night and turned away a few in-close buckets. David Lee shooting 23% against Diaw, Splitter, and Bonner, however, is worrisome.

- Once again, the balance of the offense was out of wack. Bogut and Lee combined for only 2 assists, Curry essentially shot us out of the game, Thompson couldn't hit water but at least he throttled back on the attempts, and Barnes and Landry - the team's most efficient scorers - spent most of the night on the bench. This was clearly a game where Lee and Curry were made by the defense and should have been replaced by the Jack-Landry tandem, but thus far, Jackson hasn't shown the brass to sit his main guns amidst off-nights. Maybe it's having his players' back, but it certain contributed to the L last night.

- In the end, it proved why this closing stretch is so dire: you DON'T want to fall into the 7th or 8th seed to play OKC or SAS.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am
Curry had 24 points on 20 shots. That's not shooting you out of a game.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 pm
When Curry is looking to be the playmaker, the team as a whole plays better. 3 assists for a PG in 35 min? Cmon. What he doesn't seem to understand is that when he gets his teammates involved, it will allow his offense to be that much easier because they'll have to focus on other players as well.

But I don't mind losses like these. They gave effort vs one of the best teams in the league on their home floor. As long as they take care of the teams they're supposed to, they should be fine.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Curry had 24 points on 20 shots. That's not shooting you out of a game.

And what would reaction be if his name were Monta Ellis? :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:25 am
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Curry had 24 points on 20 shots. That's not shooting you out of a game.

And what would reaction be if his name were Monta Ellis? :mrgreen:

Efficient offensively, but atrocious defensively. Curry didn't have a bad game offensively by any means and if that offensive line went to Ellis I wouldn't react any differently towards that game. I just judge the players differently thanks to have a full season sample.
Previous

Return to Game Threads