Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2013-01-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm
You can take em, Klay. You just better make em. Good half for him. Not impressed with his shooting as much as I am with the 3 finishes he had. They're a lot more controlled. That's what he needs to do. Most of the time I feel like he's going 100MPH towards the rim, but today, once he gets close to the rim, he slows down and shows more focus. Good on him.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:04 pm
This needs to be Klays blue print game, he seems to be focused and letting the game come to him. I still say the less he dribbles the better, dudes a shooter, and in the future they need to run plays like pacers did for Reggie Miller through screens.

Great first half

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm
If we can get consistent production out of the SF position like Jefferson has offered tonight, as well as the early offense from Ezeli from the center position, and Klay playing the way he is, that would cement our teams identity.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm
Klay plays up and down....but that happens when it's only your 2nd season. But holy shi* can we stand by a freakin player instead of knee-jerk reacting to every few games? Insane the amount of hyper-reactivy I see from Warrior fans -- more so on other forums though.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Klay plays up and down....but that happens when it's only your 2nd season. But holy shi* can we stand by a freakin player instead of knee-jerk reacting to every few games? Insane the amount of hyper-reactivy I see from Warrior fans -- more so on other forums though.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 pm
They closed and got it done. How was it done ? even contribution all around.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 am
Very good win against a young upcoming team. Contributions from a number of players is a very good sign.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 am
rockyBeli wrote:Klay plays up and down....but that happens when it's only your 2nd season. But holy shi* can we stand by a freakin player instead of knee-jerk reacting to every few games? Insane the amount of hyper-reactivy I see from Warrior fans -- more so on other forums though.

Why is it a knee jerk reaction saying that he takes a lot of bad shots? He obviously does that, and we are fortunate that he hits them. I would feel stupid saying that is great, and when his shots start to bounce of the rim, curse him for missing. We just call things as we see them, no need to be quiet until it goes bad, but rather call it upfront so that it could be changed.

Good win for us. It's obvious now how much more Curry is important to this team than Lee.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am
Guybrush wrote:

Why is it a knee jerk reaction saying that he takes a lot of bad shots? He obviously does that, and we are fortunate that he hits them. I would feel stupid saying that is great, and when his shots start to bounce of the rim, curse him for missing. We just call things as we see them, no need to be quiet until it goes bad, but rather call it upfront so that it could be changed.

Good win for us. It's obvious now how much more Curry is important to this team than Lee.

His shot selection is pretty okay, http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player ... 3;season=r

Most of shots are either threes (high percentage for him), in the paint, or a designed play to get him a wide open midrange.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:08 pm
Guybrush wrote:

I'd say it's more obvious that the Hornets are nowhere near the Spurs. :wink:

Swap Lee and Curry however many times you want, the Dubs still beat the Hornets and lose to San Antone.

And I don't care how much you love or hate Thompson: 21 points on 20 shots, like the San Antonio game, is a sh*tty night.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
Guybrush wrote:

His shot selection is pretty okay, http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player ... 3;season=r

Most of shots are either threes (high percentage for him), in the paint, or a designed play to get him a wide open midrange.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 50% percent in the restricted area WILDLY low? He's pretty terrible inside the paint, no? Also, just because the play is called for him doesn't mean he have to shoot it. He does well dumping it down low when his defender can't come off the screen and the big man comes out, but I'm disappointed in his ability to put the ball on the floor, passing, and shot selection in general. He's made LOTS of bad shot selections. Some of those even costed us games. I can appreciate Jackson giving him the green light so that he can gain his confidence, but sometimes enough is enough and you have to reign a guy in.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm
... Like when he's shooting 7-for-20 against the Spurs...

If he had "Ellis" on the back of his jersey, you wouldn't hear nearly as many excuses for his overshooting. I like Thompson, don't get it twisted, and I think 8th does too. But we're not gonna smile and ignore his poor shooting when he refuses to quit launching. Theres a huge difference between a sharp-shooter and a volume-shooter. Klay needs to do more to be seen as the former. You can't always reign in buckets, like the New Orleans game. Part of being an outside threat is recognizing when you're off and using your tight outside coverage to drive and/or kick. If teams realize you're chucking up misses, they'll keep inviting you to shoot. You gotta make em pay in other ways.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 pm
32 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:

Swap Lee and Curry however many times you want, the Dubs still beat the Hornets and lose to San Antone.

And I don't care how much you love or hate Thompson: 21 points on 20 shots, like the San Antonio game, is a sh*tty night.

How in the name of god did you come to the conclusion that I'm agreeing with Blackfoot when it comes to Klay? ::lol:

And, I'm not so sure about that Curry/Lee thing. If Curry was in against the Spurs, I would say that there would be a lot more chances for Warriors to win that game. And Hornets are bad this season, but since Gordon got back they won 5 of their last 6 prior to the game against Warriors. So, don't let their score deceive you.

Teams are lot more preparing for Curry, than they are for the Lee...I'm sure of that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 pm
Guybrush wrote:
32 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:

How in the name of god did you come to the conclusion that I'm agreeing with Blackfoot when it comes to Klay? ::lol:

And, I'm not so sure about that Curry/Lee thing. If Curry was in against the Spurs, I would say that there would be a lot more chances for Warriors to win that game. And Hornets are bad this season, but since Gordon got back they won 5 of their last 6 prior to the game against Warriors. So, don't let their score deceive you.

Teams are lot more preparing for Curry, than they are for the Lee...I'm sure of that.

I wasn't suggesting you were siding with anyone on the Klay issue; I'm simply too lazy to requote and format another response so I chose to respond to Rocky's comment in my previous post. :mrgreen: Sorry if that wasn't clear.

And you're right; teams definitely prep more for Curry, but I believe it's because his usage rate is higher. If you stop Curry, you can prevent the feed to Lee. David is a more efficient offensive weapon and his rebounding is a big plus for us. You can't go wrong either way.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 pm
It's OK, though, you just quoted my response to RockyBeli, so you had both quotes in your post and that confused me...cause, you know, mine quote is the latest. ::razz:

Never mind that.

And you are right, it's good to have both guys. I was just stating my opinion that Curry is the man here. I like Lee pretty much the same. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads