Game Thread: Warriors @ Denver Nuggets 2012-11-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Golden State Warriors (7 - 5) @ Denver Nuggets (6 - 6)

Start time: 6:00 PM PST @ Pepsi Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Kosta Koufos
PF - Kenneth Faried
SF - Danilo Gallinari
SG - Andre Iguodala
PG - Ty Lawson

All Star
» Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 pm
Loss

All Star
» Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:14 am
Gallinari looks like the biggest douche in the NBA.

» Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 pm
We owe these bastards big time.

Gotta believe they'll have a better plan for Faried this time. We'll see if Klay stays hot. I think the Warriors are playing with a lot of belief and a lot of confidence. I don't think it looks real promising, but I'm not gonna be shocked if they contain Denver's rebounding and Klay stays hot that they pull out a W.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm
Denver's announcer is going to have a corinary.

Warriors falling apart. Embarrasing.

All Star
» Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 pm
Bullshit refs and bullshit penalties all game.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:10 am
Pretty close game and the team outrebounded the Nugs, a very good sign. Curry faltered otherwise the team could have easily won.

» Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:20 am
I couldn't watch the game, sadly. Could anyone tell me why Curry played just 25 minutes? And also, I realize that Harrison was just 15 mins in, because of the foul trouble...but his D is not that bad, I don't see how he can possibly get 5 fouls in that time span.

All Star
» Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:27 am
Blackfoot wrote:Bullshit refs and bullshit penalties all game.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:40 pm
I think it's the 1st time this season that we've won the rebounds and lost the game.

» Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 pm
Ringo wrote:I think it's the 1st time this season that we've won the rebounds and lost the game.

The ONLY time, Ringo, yes.

The Warriors are 8-1 when they out-rebound the opposition. This Denver game was the only exception and, while Steinmetz claimed otherwise, was marred by exactly what Blackfoot said: terrible, one-sided officiating.

Story of the night: Barnes picked up 3 ticky-tack fouls in the first 4 minutes, Jackson sits him til the 2nd and he gets his 4th in the first minute, then after another suspension on the bench gets called for #5 in the opening moments of the 2nd half. I counted 5 whistles in 5 minutes, most extremely questionable. HB played passive defense all 4th quarter trying to avoid a DQ. Curry had a similar experience. Besides Lee, the zebras flat-out tormented the Warriors during this game. You couldn't breathe on Iguodala, Gallinari, or Miller without getting called for something. There were several runs that looked flat-out Donaghy; as if the officials were shaping the game to cover the spread of Denver by 6.5.