Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2012-11-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm
God damn, we did a good ass job drafting this year.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 pm
32 wrote:1, anyone who didn't want to give Curry his money this offseason: watch this game from the 4th quarter on. Curry single-handedly delivered a W for Golden State.

2, Lee delivered against his subpar front court competition. 17 and 19, despite an off-shooting night. Having Lee is truly a luxury that we can appreciate with Bogut out and Landry struggling.

3, again, THE HARRISON BARNES FAN CLUB is taking memberships. Anybody who wanted Drummond or Kendall Marshall or Tyler Zeller or any other scrub taken after #40 can official repent right here, right now. At this rate, Barnes looks like he may throw his name into some ROY talks. Won't win it, but he could be Top 3 if he's putting up 15 and 8 from here on out.

4, Klay Thompson, until further notice, is a waste of minutes. Until Klay can stroke it regularly again, he needs to only see 20-25 minutes, max. To pound my chest once again on off-season banter, I'd like to reiterate that I battled several of you guys who claimed you wouldn't deal Thompson for Iggy straight up. How's that working out so far?

5, Festus. F'n. Ezeli! Give this fool more minutes, pronto!

6, my bad, Draymond. I cut him down at the knees before the game, but damn this dude is looking solid the past 2 nights. Here's hoping he keeps it coming... I pray he doesn't get shot-happy, though.

+1 to you 32.

Great win and great game from our studs on the starting 5(except Klay). Is it time we bench Klay and switch Curry to shooting guard and start Jack at the point? Maybe if he comes off the bench, he'll find his shooting touch with less pressure to score.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:47 pm
Klay Thompson will be fine.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 pm
I'm between you gentlemen on the Thompson issue.

I dunno if we bench him for JJ just yet, Ringo... But it goes back to the old saying about who finishes the game, not who starts. To my mind, Thompson is in a major, MAJOR funk. It's not simply that his shot isn't falling; he's taking bad j's and he's forcing too many shots. That ridiculous brain fart at the end of the 4th, where he hoisted a 3 in a tie game with 20 seconds left and the shot-clock off, amidst a 2-for-13 game... That's such a euphemism for his season thus far. Best intentions, but just digging his own grave so far.

I'm not as confident as Blackfoot to just leave him in there and say everything will be fine. This isn't like other starters who contribute in other ways; when Curry is off, he can still distribute. When Lee's cold, he'll still rebound. But when Thompson's shot doesn't fall... Well, he's pretty much dead weight on the floor. Ask OJ Mayo if Klay Thompson has anything special to his game besides a jumper. Klay's (lack of) defense on Mayo gave Dallas way more chances to win than they should have gotten.

I say, start him... But throttle his minutes down to 20ish, slide Barnes down, give Jack or Jenkins a little more run, and try to keep Klay below 10 attempts until he starts hitting with consistency.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 am
He needs to learn how to draw contact. If him and Curry would just jump into their defenders when they bite on that fake, man they could capitalize on their free throw percentage.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Previous

Return to Game Threads