Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2012-11-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 pm
Golden State Warriors (2 - 1) @ Sacramento Kings (0 - 3)

Start time: 7:00 PM PST @ Sleep Train Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Sacramento Kings:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeMarcus Cousins
PF - Jason Thompson
SF - James Johnson
SG - Tyreke Evans
PG - Isaiah Thomas
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:04 am
Lets see how Jackson gets the team to perform in the foul department here. Warriors have been fouling the hell out of everybody all year, losing the free-throw battle by a ton.

Personally, I'd like to see the Chuck Daly philosophy continue: if you hit 'em every time they come inside, the refs can't call it everytime and the opposition will get tentative about bringing it in. I think if the Warriors establish themselves as a physical team, the refs will eventually call less fouls, ala San Antonio.Keep thumping em, DLee!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:53 am
32 wrote:Lets see how Jackson gets the team to perform in the foul department here. Warriors have been fouling the hell out of everybody all year, losing the free-throw battle by a ton.

Personally, I'd like to see the Chuck Daly philosophy continue: if you hit 'em every time they come inside, the refs can't call it everytime and the opposition will get tentative about bringing it in. I think if the Warriors establish themselves as a physical team, the refs will eventually call less fouls, ala San Antonio.Keep thumping em, DLee!

Agreed, but the touch fouls being called in the Clips game were the only thing keeping them in the game. Not sure how long it will take to create that perception - if ever...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm
I'm taking this game as a big test. I'm assuming that everyone is thinking that the Kings are just going to roll over and that we're going to take this game easy. For those of you who are, let me remind you of some factors that might spoil our 3 game winning streak on the road:

1) Kings are 0-3. They're hungry for a win and this their home opener.

2) We are a relatively young team and although we did beat the clips in their house, that doesn't mean we won't run into some trouble in sac.

3) Good teams beat who they're suppose to beat and bad teams sink to the level or their competitors. We know this point particularly well as dubs fans. For years we've competed and made games against power houses but always have trouble when we play bottom dwelling team. The biggest question we have to answer is are we ready to take that next step and beat teams we know we can beat. Can we carry over our win from the clips game or will we take this the Kings game for granted and lose?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 pm
Looking forward to this one. The Kings can be physical inside...Cousins will be a good test for Ezeli...is anyone else as ecstatic as I am about the development and/or potential of Festus?!!! Quite frankly, we got a steal by drafting him!! After all, the Warriors recent history of drafting C's hasn't been the greatest to put it mildly.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm
Smitty wrote:Looking forward to this one. The Kings can be physical inside...Cousins will be a good test for Ezeli...is anyone else as ecstatic as I am about the development and/or potential of Festus?!!! Quite frankly, we got a steal by drafting him!! After all, the Warriors recent history of drafting C's hasn't been the greatest to put it mildly.

Man, that's an understatement!

It's awfully early to even be considering this (especially considering the huge value our starting center provides when healthy), but Ezeli looks good enough to be a starter some day.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm
For those interested:

http://www.stream2watch.me/basketball/s ... ive-stream
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm
8th Ave, just had to +1 you for the avatar!! Go Warriors!

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 pm
Not liking the flow of this game, hopefully they get it going soon. On another note, Ezeli and Cousins might just get into it tonight.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm
Well said Steppup....an awkward flow for the Warriors....we're playing with too much finesse/lack of toughness. Need to start hammerin' guys on the inside. C'mon coach Jackson, you gotta remember your old Pacers teams and how tough they were...make it translate.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm
Seeing Clifford Ray as a Kings assistant is just wrong.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm
Bogut is clearly not 100%...I am concerned about the ankle but we need him out there...catch-22

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm
Smitty wrote:Well said Steppup....an awkward flow for the Warriors....we're playing with too much finesse/lack of toughness. Need to start hammerin' guys on the inside. C'mon coach Jackson, you gotta remember your old Pacers teams and how tough they were...make it translate.

Awkward would be the word, no inside game, and also no drive and dishes, no attacking the hoop in this game, need more of that.

We need to twiiter this ish to Marc Jackson.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:36 pm
Can't stand Cousins
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 pm
yup get the ball inside and then kick out if need be, instead of looking for jumpers first. Also I like the ball in Klay's hands more than Curry's. Does it seem like this team relies on set plays too much? (while the shot clock winds down). I liked to see more freestyle from this team cuz I think they can overpower the Kings with straight up better talent in matchups.
Next

Return to Game Threads