Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2013-05-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 pm
We fight all game long, but we dont make adjustments on the fly very well. And our half-court sets are just completely ineffective more often than not. I dont understand why we are so bad at running defenders off screens. We chase their shooters all night defensively and they consistently get good open looks while running us off screens.

We're young with a ton of potential, but there are many facets to the team game that we'll have to continue working on in order to be able to make the necessary in-game adjustments it will require for us to go deeper in the post-season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 pm
It's difficult playing vs the Spurs. They are the third best defensive team in the league.

I am not going to say out adjustments are bad as much as Pop is just way better than M Jackson. Which is not an insult to Jack. Pop is just the best.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 pm
Guybrush wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Complete meltdown in the second half. Awful game by Curry and Thompson.

Thompson has the best plus minus out of all the starters...

Landry does, not Klay. And what's the point if he, as a scorer, is going to score 4 points?

When I wrote it Klay had the best and he ended up with the best plus minus of the starters. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013051424. Point is he helps the team even on off shooting nights. Yeah 2 for 8 isn't gonna cut it but the story of the game was Curry going 4-14 and getting absolutely lit up trying to chase everyone on D. That's not on him though, M Jax needs to recognize that dude is injured and couldn't keep up.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Spurs made adjustmesnt, Kwahi on Klay the last couple of games, Green on Curry, so am hoping Lee can play if not, we need big games from a combo of Jack/Landry/Barnes to pull this win.

I wrote this before the game, its obvious what is going on, as I said Spurs made their adjustments in their favor. Even with the adjustment I didn't expect near shut outs on Curry/Klay. Klay goes 2-8, scoring 4 points, Curry goes 4-14, scoring 9 points.

We got big games for Jack/Barnes/Landry as i expected, if you watch the games you can tell the matchups, but I expected at least decent games out of Curry/Lee.

Jackson needs to figure out how to get Curry/Klay going again. Spurs have found favorable match-ups and figured out how to shut down our important scorers.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm
Some thing is going on with Curry, the ankle that bad ? Also major mental lapse, he def was not there 100% mentally.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:05 pm
Wide open misses (that will fix itself) and not being able to get as open with a bad ankle.

We can force game seven, though. We aren't dead, yet.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:15 pm
Bad loss by a very young team with it's main two players not 100%. Move on to the next game which is at home. Tem has already exceeded expectations, everything to be happy and proud about.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads