NFL PICK-EM 2010

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 am
PAWNO wrote:STL @ OAK - It's actually kind of pathetic as too how many NINERS fans i seen expect the Raiders lose to this RAMS team & then go on to predict a Monday Night upset by the Red & Gold over the Superbowl Champions!!! St Louis was the worst team last year & Naw LEANS was the best... 2 ends of the Spectrum & i just see a lot of bitter Niners fans knowing the reality that the RAIDERS will be 1-1 after this week meanwhile the boys across the BAY will be a even 0-2!!! OAKLAND
I was the only 9er fan on this site to fill that criteria - I don't actually think the 9ers will win, but I can't pick against them. Just like how you picked the Raiders to beat the Titans last week. I also think that the Raiders are probably the worst team in the league - not cause I hate them but that D isn't what it once was, Cable might be the worst coach in the league (next to sing admit-ably) and it doesn't matter who is in the backfield because they wont be able to do anything behind what might be the worst offensive line in the game. Plus it's hard to get up for games as a player when the stadium looks like it's a DIV 2 game turnout for the worst run organization in all of American professional sports.
PAWNO wrote:Mon, Sep 20
NO @ SF - NAW LEANS.. I pick GREATNESS over HYPE any day of the week!!! SAINTS
Don't know where you're getting the hype from - I don't know anybody that's hyping the 9ers in this one. :roll:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:16 am
JREED23 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:STL @ OAK - It's actually kind of pathetic as too how many NINERS fans i seen expect the Raiders lose to this RAMS team & then go on to predict a Monday Night upset by the Red & Gold over the Superbowl Champions!!! St Louis was the worst team last year & Naw LEANS was the best... 2 ends of the Spectrum & i just see a lot of bitter Niners fans knowing the reality that the RAIDERS will be 1-1 after this week meanwhile the boys across the BAY will be a even 0-2!!! OAKLAND
I was the only 9er fan on this site to fill that criteria - I don't actually think the 9ers will win

My bad bro... But i wasn't just referring to this boards... Some of the other NINERS fans i know from around the traps think that the Raiders will lose... It happens everyyear... I guess just like you wouldn't actually see me picking them that often.

JREED23 wrote:Mon, Sep 20
NO @ SF - NAW LEANS.. I pick GREATNESS over HYPE any day of the week!!! SAINTSDon't know where you're getting the hype from - I don't know anybody that's hyping the 9ers in this one. :roll:

GREATNESS & HYPE at the start of the season... One team "Tha Saints" is the GREATNESS (just after winning the Superbowl) & HYPE as in the Niners were expected to win there division this year... It's kind of difficult picking against the Champions...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 pm
yeah but nobody is realistically picking the 9ers in this one. I just hope we are competitive.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:31 pm
Agreed. There's like one in every 100 people that will say that Niners will win. I hope we do, to cause the upset as the 'Hawks did last week. :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:26 pm
Way off on my picks this week, not sure what happened.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:54 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Way off on my picks this week, not sure what happened.

It was a crazy week, I don't think i did too good either.

You gotta admit Pawno that the Rams gave you guys a little more than just a run for your money.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:01 pm
ughhh some bad picks made this week ... went against my gut too many times.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 am
Ok...

So the stat sheet is been updated

OZBEANS appears to be leading the competition on 21, with PAWNDOGG a close 2nd on 20!!!

Mr Crackerz missed his picks for the week, (& this is after i reminded him to make sure he gets them in on facebook)

I think the safest thing i can do, is try and post up the template of weeks games as early as possible so that it gives people ample time to get them in.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:54 am
WEEK 3 MATCHES

Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG
SF @ KC
DAL @ HOU
BUF @ NE
CLE @ BAL
DET @ MIN
ATL @ NO
PIT @ TB
CIN @ CAR
WAS @ STL
PHI @ JAC
IND @ DEN
OAK @ ARI
SD @ SEA
NYJ @ MIA

Mon, Sep 27

GB @ CHI

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm
PAWNO wrote:Ok...

So the stat sheet is been updated

OZBEANS appears to be leading the competition on 21, with PAWNDOGG a close 2nd on 20!!!

Mr Crackerz missed his picks for the week, (& this is after i reminded him to make sure he gets them in on facebook)

I think the safest thing i can do, is try and post up the template of weeks games as early as possible so that it gives people ample time to get them in.

WHAT!!!! I actually DID my picks. I dunno why they didn't post.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 pm
If you can remember them Crackerz, I think you're honest enough that we let you post what they would've been...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 pm
Lol. That's some funny ****. Let Mr Crackerz be honest.

I say the best idea is that if someone misses a week then they just get the lowest score of that week. I think that was 7 by someone, thoughts?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 am
well aussie, i couldn't honestly remember what all my picks are. I am sure my brain would switch a couple based on who won. I did have the raiders winning though!!!

What you can do Pawno for me and anyone else that misses is give that person 1 less than the lowest score. So, if the lowest this week was 7, give me 6. And this can apply for anyone in the future (including hobbes and others who want to join in late)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 am
yeah bro.. you got 7 points.. I think TIE for equal bottom is fair, So the spreadsheet should reflect that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 am
Sun, Sep 26

TEN @ NYG - Eli bounced back at home with his great weapons on Offense & the only thing Jacobs throws into the stand is a tantrum onto the cameras of a soldout Meadowlands ... GIANTS

SF @ KC - SF had a brilliant match this passed Monday, But i'm going on pure Mathamatics with this team a 0&2 team TRAVELLING to one of the toughest venues in all of the NFL facing up against a UNDEFEATED team... CHIEFS!!!

DAL @ HOU- What a sad state of affairs that Jerry Jones is 2nd fiddle to the Mighty Houston... TEXANS

BUF @ NE - Not much to say here... Division Rivals are always tough matchups, but this should be the RATS easiest game of the year... PATRIOTS

CLE @ BAL Seanca Wallace is going to get eaten alive by this Bounceback Baltimore DEFENSE .... RAVENS

DET @ MIN Brett Favre finds rhythym in a high scoring game. VYKINGS

ATL @ NO Atlanta looked good last week, But the Madden Curse will have to wait another year. Drew Brees looking like a followup to his fairytale 2009... SAINTS

PIT @ TB The Steelers hand the BUCS they furst loss... STEELERS

CIN @ CAR Chad Ocho has a broken rib... Jordan Shipley and T.O should get the job done still. BENGALS

WAS @ STL This is Donovan McNabb's Groove Game... 3 tds for the big guy... REDSKINS

PHI @ JAC I'm glad to see Michael Vick back in the spotlight... EAGLES

IND @ DEN - Manning might struggle with Champ Bailey and Dawkins in that backfield... But i still dont trust the Broncos ability to stop Addai and Brown. .. COLTS

OAK @ ARI - Locking in OAKLAND for the next 14 straight weeks... aint deviating from this plan... RAIDERS

SD @ SEA - Seattle will look to improve back at home... SEAHAWKS

NYJ @ MIA - No Real interest in this game honestly... The Excitement of Brandon Marshall may just be shutout with the still very efficent secondary of Kyle Wilson and Cromartie... JETS

Mon, Sep 27

GB @ CHI - This will be a shoot out with a lot of Quarttberbacks on there backside... Rodgers running game will be the key here... PACKERS
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board