Houston Rockets Aquire Rafer Alston

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:06 am
I know what your both saying. I agree with TMC that Pietrus, with the scoring and the defense makes him very valuable. My point is that Pietrus will get better in all facets over the next 2 or 3 yearrs. He is worth the wait because of the energy he brings and the defense he plays that this team needs.

I like the team now even better but I just hope that there is not too many guys wanting the court time because if that happens, guys will leave and the Warriors will be hard pressed to keep the potentially greater ones like Pietrus and Biedrins

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:06 am
TMC wrote:
Player32 wrote:Plus, Pietrus' scoring increases, yes, but overall, he hasn't shown any flashes of league-wide brilliance. He'll score a lot and play aggressive defense, but he can't playmake or rebound (making him an overall liability as a starter).

What?, how being a scorer and a good defender (something no one else seems to be in this team) has become an overall liability?

If he can't dribble pass, rebound, or think for himself, he's a liability. A retard who can shoot the ball from 30 feet out is a liability because he can't think for himself. Same thing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:10 am
On the Dunleavy bandwagon now then........... Pietrus will show guys like you that you were wrong to doubt him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:45 am
So what?, I'd like to have a better defender on the court, even if he has those flaws (I'm not denying it) as long as he can score and defend. He doesn't have to be a jack-of-all-trades, every player has his flaws, it doesn't matter as long as the 5 on the court is (more or less) balanced.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:39 pm
I agree, but I think out team needs what Mike brings to the table more than Pietrus.

Not saying that defense isn't our biggest flaw (God knows it is), but Mike's contributions in his categories are worth more to the team than Pietrus'. Remember, Pietrus is better than Mike at defense, but I wouldn't call him a league (or even division) defensive standout...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:33 am
But Pietrus has the potential to be an nba great defensive player! Dunleavy has no hope!

The point is that Dunleavy has not expanded on his skills while Pietrus has and will much more! Surely everyone sees the greater potential of Pietrus

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:44 am
But Pietrus' game grows greatly in only two aspects of his game: scoring and man-to-man defense! Mike may develop slower, but he improves (basically) all aspects of his game! That's why there's no clear cut winner here; we don't need a scorer, but we need a defender (so Pietrus' value is halfed by that), but Mike can do everything (he doesn't do everything EXCEPTIONALLY well, like a league-best, but he does a lot well), so his value is about the same as Mickael.

If there was a clear answer to this, surely Mullin or Monty or SOMEBODY would have made the switch by now!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:35 pm
I reckon Pietrus will develop the other parts of his game, like passing and ball handling, it will just take some time

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:14 pm
I'm sure he will... but at the moment, I think Mike's the safer bet.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:03 am
What dunleavy lacks is KILLER INSTINCT! The want to and desire! The intensity that is needed to become great! I see that more in Pietrus, even though right now he seems to be a bit out of control, that intensity will get him to a far higher level

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:47 am
What he's lacking is SELFISHNESS, not desire or intensity. How can you not be intense when you've got 30 pictures on the internet making absurd looking faces! If Mike goes into business for himself, for once, he'll do well. Pietrus' main goal is to boost his own value (I don't believe he cares about the team before himself). Dunleavy is the opposite; he'd glady give up his own glory to further the ball club, which is more than I can say about Pietrus (half the time, it looks like Mickael wants to bolt, anyway...)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:41 am
All the pics just show what are moron look he has

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:02 pm

"Yeeesssss.... YEESSSSSS.... let the hatred flow through your veins! Give in to your anger and your journey to the dark side will be complete!!!"

Seriously, dude, you need a better reason to dislike the guy than just "he looks like a moron."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:08 am
Bit he does.............. and 5 turnovers and a nonspectacular showing are good reasons also

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:00 am
Ok, last game gives you good cause to smash him for a little while... go ahead and blast away.

But 5 turnovers isn't gonna be happening every game, you know that right?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board