Stanford women's basketball.

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am
Two words: Nnemkadi Ogwumike.

She scored 38 points and pulled 16 rebounds in last night's Final Four win. And she's only a sophomore. I admit up front that it's the only women's college game I have ever watched start to finish, but she just looked great. Her little sister is apparently coming to Stanford next year.

I went to SF State myself and rarely root for the Cardinal, but yeah, last night was fun.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 pm
It's just too bad they'll lose tomorrow. I hope they win, but realistically it won't happen. They can hype up any team that could of faced the Huskies tomorrow... UConn is just waaaaaaaay too good.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am
xbay wrote:It's just too bad they'll lose tomorrow. I hope they win, but realistically it won't happen. They can hype up any team that could of faced the Huskies tomorrow... UConn is just waaaaaaaay too good.

It's good to be a UCONN fan :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 am
xbay wrote:It's just too bad they'll lose tomorrow. I hope they win, but realistically it won't happen. They can hype up any team that could of faced the Huskies tomorrow... UConn is just waaaaaaaay too good.

With Ogwumike only a sophomore and her little sister coming next year, perhaps the Cardinal will add a title or two in the coming years. I'm sure UCONN gets great recruiting classes every year.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:

With Ogwumike only a sophomore and her little sister coming next year, perhaps the Cardinal will add a title or two in the coming years. I'm sure UCONN gets great recruiting classes every year.

If the UCONN Women's Team were to play the Warriors.... I'm not sure who would win :?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm
Chum wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:

If the UCONN Women's Team were to play the Warriors.... I'm not sure who would win :?

Hah. I'm guessing you're joking. While I can't say for certain, I'd guess there are many high school boys teams in California that could beat UCONN. Not the short ones at most high schools, but my guess is the bigger SoCal schools like Mater Dei would beat 'em.

The girls game is kinda like running the option in football. It works real good until the other team is big and fast enough to nullify it entirely.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Return to Sports Board