no chance
No votes
who is Barry Larkin?
No votes

Total votes : 1

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm
hey guys, just wanted to see who you were thinking would make it into the HOF this year? The main guy I was wondering about is Barry Larkin. IMO, Barry is in. He was a great player, played on some really good Reds teams, was really good on both sides of the Diamond.

What do you all think?

I also think Bert Blylevin should get in!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm
I would say yes to Larkin, he is an era defining guy at the shortstop position. People will probably say he should get in, just not this year, but if he's worthy, he's worthy. Andre Dawson should get in too, that guy was awesome.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I would say yes to Larkin, he is an era defining guy at the shortstop position. People will probably say he should get in, just not this year, but if he's worthy, he's worthy. Andre Dawson should get in too, that guy was awesome.

Rob,
I totally agree with you on Dawson! That guy was a monster, he would have had to be scary to pitch to. I think Larkin should be a no brainer as a first ballot player.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm
I just hate the fact that these voters sometimes don't want guys to be first ballot hall of famers because guys in the past weren't. If a guy deserves it, under normal circumstances, he won't deserve it more later on. If he derserved it 20 years after retirement , he deserved it when he was eligible. Now, if the class is a big one (i'm not sure if they cap how many can be voted in each year), then fine, but not just because you think he should wait.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 pm
i dont think larkin is gonna be in the first time. I've heard a few voters already say they are voting for no one. Is it possible for no one to be voted in? if so, i think this year might be one of those years.

Return to Sports Board