How much would it suck to be a Bucks fan??

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm
Did you see that Jennings special on ESPN, TMC? It made me an instant fan. The kid took a risk and played against teams much better than most NCAA programs. He struggled at points but also had some decent showings.

And, in the end, it may have prepared him more for the NBA than those NCAA kids who thrived in college systems irrelevant to the NBA.

This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:58 pm
TMC wrote:If Jennings keeps playing like this (well, not exactly like his last game, he won't need to score 55 per game to earn my respect), I'll have to eat my words.

I promise he didn't look like anything special last year, actually looked pretty lost... but he's been playing really well for the Bucks, probably the top rookie so far.


The Bucks have to be thankful his year in Europe hurt his draft stock so much.


He is a stud. I had no idea he would be such an offensive force so early. He looks like he can do whatever he wants on the court. I wish I could have seen his 55pt game, I missed the game and didnt even see highlights, but even before that game he had me very impressed.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:Did you see that Jennings special on ESPN, TMC? It made me an instant fan. The kid took a risk and played against teams much better than most NCAA programs. He struggled at points but also had some decent showings.


Nope, I just based my pre-draft opinion on the games I saw him playing in the euroleague last year. And wasn't impressed at all... that's why his performance so far has me... well, shocked.


But hey, I also thought Stromile Swift was gonna be a new KG when he was drafted. I'm wrong at times as well, and seems like Jennings has been a pretty big mistake.

Only reason I'm not overly embarrased is that lots of teams made the same mistake on draft day.

No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:And, in the end, it may have prepared him more for the NBA than those NCAA kids who thrived in college systems irrelevant to the NBA.


Yep, it certainly seems like that. The level of playing is totally different, and seems like that may have helped him mature much more faster than the NCAA.

No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.


I don't know about that. They Bucks are playing well, but they're in a much easier conference. And I still believe there's not such a big gap between Curry and Jennings. It's just that Jennings was more ready for the pro games, but once Curry develops, I'm pretty sure we'll end up with the better one.

As for the rest of our talent against the Bucks... I don't think it's even close. Randolph, Morrow and Curry are a much better core than anything they have (and I don't see a lot of difference between Beans' and Bogut's production). I think it all boils down to coaching...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am
Agreed TMC. We need a coach that installs confidence in our players not one that tries to convince them that they aren't ready for the big time.

While we are definitely a few pieces (and a few years for some of our youngs) away from being legit playoff contenders, we have a ton of talent on this team. Get the right coach in here and watch it flourish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.



Don't forget that the point of the thread was that it sucked because they had to wait 3 days for the season opener, two more days than Warrior fans.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.



Don't forget that the point of the thread was that it sucked because they had to wait 3 days for the season opener, two more days than Warrior fans.


Yeah, I know, but taking the thread topic out of context made for a more interesting response. =D

And TMC, I didn't mean Jennings vs. Curry per say. I mean I'd rather have the talent on the Bucks team than the Warriors crop of guys. Jennings, Redd, Warrick and Bogut sound a lot more fun to watch than GSW.
Last edited by No Longer StuckInSoCal on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.



Don't forget that the point of the thread was that it sucked because they had to wait 3 days for the season opener, two more days than Warrior fans.


Yeah, I know, but taking the thread topic out of context made for a more interest response. =D

And TMC, I didn't mean Jennings vs. Curry per say. I mean I'd rather have the talent on the Bucks team than the Warriors crop of guys. Jennings, Redd, Warrick and Bogut sound a lot more fun to watch than GSW.


I think I might agree with the talent as well.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.



Don't forget that the point of the thread was that it sucked because they had to wait 3 days for the season opener, two more days than Warrior fans.


Exactly what I was talking about!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:This thread kinda makes me chuckle now. I'd much rather have the Bucks talent than the Warriors talent right about now.



Don't forget that the point of the thread was that it sucked because they had to wait 3 days for the season opener, two more days than Warrior fans.


Yeah, I know, but taking the thread topic out of context made for a more interest response. =D

And TMC, I didn't mean Jennings vs. Curry per say. I mean I'd rather have the talent on the Bucks team than the Warriors crop of guys. Jennings, Redd, Warrick and Bogut sound a lot more fun to watch than GSW.


I think I might agree with the talent as well.


I know what you meant, Stuck (well, NoStuck from now on :wink: ), but I still prefer our talent over theirs. I don't think Bogut is so much better than Biedrins, or Redd so much better than Morrow (if used properly) and I'm pretty certain there's nobody on the Bucks roster with Randolph's upside.

I wouldn't change our roster for theirs, to be honest... but the coach it's a different story.

I'm with Jackattack here: we're certainly not short on talent, it's just that we're not developing it properly.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm
Is Brandon Jennings already an all-star in his first 11 games in the NBA?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:42 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:Is Brandon Jennings already an all-star in his first 11 games in the NBA?



The guy has been great so far and pretty much a surprise. He deserves allstar I think, but I haven't checked what other guys could be possibly picked ahead of him
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest