Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:52 am
do you agree? I agree with reggie
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:59 am
I reckon mainly outside shooting, no defense, skinny arsed frame basketball is for sissies :wink:

Not a fan of baseball either

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 am
Baseball is just as much a game as a sport, allowing a wide variety of players to compete at a high level. Football and basketball are really sports for freakishly large folks. I mean, how often do you come across a guy who's over 6-foot-3 in height? In my neck of the woods, I could go weeks without seeing anyone 6-3 and even years between someone 6-6 or taller.

So yeah, baseball is way different than basketball, a game that more or less requires physical freaks at the NBA level.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:Baseball is just as much a game as a sport, allowing a wide variety of players to compete at a high level. Football and basketball are really sports for freakishly large folks. I mean, how often do you come across a guy who's over 6-foot-3 in height? In my neck of the woods, I could go weeks without seeing anyone 6-3 and even years between someone 6-6 or taller.

So yeah, baseball is way different than basketball, a game that more or less requires physical freaks at the NBA level.
Do you guys know how hard it is to hit a round baseball on a round bat. Pretty damn hard, baseball takes a lot of skill. Football is more enduring however, but then again Basketball you're sprinting non-stop. For the toughest sport I'd go with Hockey.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 am
HiddenCounter wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:Baseball is just as much a game as a sport, allowing a wide variety of players to compete at a high level. Football and basketball are really sports for freakishly large folks. I mean, how often do you come across a guy who's over 6-foot-3 in height? In my neck of the woods, I could go weeks without seeing anyone 6-3 and even years between someone 6-6 or taller.

Do you guys know how hard it is to hit a round baseball on a round bat. Pretty damn hard, baseball takes a lot of skill. Football is more enduring however, but then again Basketball you're sprinting non-stop. For the toughest sport I'd go with Hockey.

baseball is not for sissies, but some people can play like sissies. There are a lot of tough baseball players. Anyway, tell Reggie Miller (one of my favorite all time players) to throw on some catchers gear and catch Lincecum or Brian Wilson.

Hockey and football are definitely the toughest. Hockey combines endurance and hitting and you can fight. It's violent and football is a train wreck every snap.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am
I played hockey for 15 years. There is a reason each team has 2-3 lines of players. It's tiring!! If you are going full blast you are lucky to last 2 mins on the ice. We barely had any fighting at the youth level. Usually you got kicked out of the game if you started a fight. But you could check people and get away with some other things. One injury I suffered was a freak accident when a kid's skate cut my neck just under my chin. I still have the scar. The worst was when someone takes a slapshot and the puck hits the outside part of your foot right where the skate has no padding, or if it hits the back part of your calf or thigh where there is no padding. OUCH!! I thought hockey was tough, then in college a kid invited me to try out for the rugby team.... one match and I was done. Those fvckers are crazy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Return to Sports Board