Buffalo at Miami

St. Louis at San Francisco

Dallas at Denver

San Diego at Pittsburgh

Green Bay at Minnesota
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:12 am
Detroit at Chicago

Its going to be a while before the Lions can put up back to back wins.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

It appears the Bungals are for real. They will look spectacular aginst the Browns.

Seattle at Indianapolis

Peyton shreds the Hawks...enough said.

NY Giants at Kansas City

Even the Raiders beat the Chiefs!

Baltimore at New England

Game of the week. I gotta go with B-more here. I think Flacco will do just enough and look for Willis to find the Zone acouple times. This is the week however that Moss will find paydirt.

Tampa Bay at Washington

What an awful week 4 matchup. I hate to even pick one of these teams to win. I think the Skins are going to have just enough, but that aint sayin a lot.

Tennessee at Jacksonville

J-Ville has been up and down, this week they are down and the Titans get into the W column.

Oakland at Houston

The Texans are going to be too much for the Raiders. DMC will have a good game, but JaMarcus just doesnt have what it takes yet to beat a team that can actually put up some points.

NY Jets at New Orleans

In a battle of great offense vs good defense, I gotta go with the great O. Drew Brees is the real deal.

Buffalo at Miami

Miami has been getting killed over the middle this season and I look for T.O. to break out. The Buffalo RB situation is going to get alittle muddled for acouple weeks, but theyre playing the Dolphins.

St. Louis at San Francisco

Without Gore, I look for Vern Davis to be a huge part of the Niners offense.

Dallas at Denver

I think the Denver charmed season continues.

San Diego at Pittsburgh

Cant imagine the champs losing again...and at home!

Green Bay at Minnesota

A tough one, I think that Brett has enough to take the Pack in the dome.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Alright fellas, week 4 is in the books. Please update your first post with your standings. AND PLEASE REMEMBER, there were 14 games played this week, not 16. So once you add up your wins, make sure your losses combined together with your wins equal 14, not 16.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 pm
13-1. The f*cking Titans prevented me from going perfect.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:45 am
Good job TMC... the titans are the second biggest disappointment in the NFL (raiders are first... there goes that superbowl run slip away).

i was 10-4, so rob was 10-4 as well, as we had the same picks.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:27 am
11-3
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 am
12-2 for me. I must have subconsciously picked the Dolphins
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 pm
Standings updated.

Congrats to TMC for a near perfect week, jumping ahead of aussie.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 am
congrats to most... the majority is doing a damn good job of picking winners...

:cheers:
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:57 am
Week 5 picks!

Cincinatti at Baltimore

The battle of the AFC North. Both teams are 3-1, but I think the Ravens are slightly more polished, plus, they're at home. If the Bengals can pull this off, I will become a true believer. But I think they fall just short.

Cleveland at Buffalo

Very uninspiring game. One win between them. I think making Derek Anderson the QB is the way to go, but the Browns are still a mess. Buffalo should win this game, and I think TO bounces back with a touchdown. Also, the Bills have a much more impressive running back group than Cleveland, which should also make a difference.

Washington at Carolina

What the heck has happened to the Panthers? Hopefully they spent their bye week getting their act together. They should be better than this. They'll get their first win of the season against the Redskins, whose two wins have come against Tampa and St Louis, which really doesn't count for much.

Pittsburgh at Detroit

Mendalhall should run all over the Lions, and Big Ben has been playing pretty well this season. The Steelers defense should pressure Stafford/Culpepper all game long, and will win by, I think, close to a 3-touchdown margin.

Dallas at Kansas City

My boy Romo is killing me in fantasy at the moment. I'm hoping he gets back on track against the generous Chief's secondary. Let's face it, the Chiefs stink, and I do believe the Cowboys are badly under-achieving right now. I think they'll turn their season around.

Oakland at NY Giants

The Giants could be the best team in the NFL, and Oakland could be close to the worst. Even if Manning doesn't play, the Giants should destroy, repeat, DESTROY, the Raiders. Victory by 30+? It's possible.

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

The Bucs on the road? No thanks! (I wouldn't take them at home either). Whether or not McNabb plays, the Eagles have a very good defense, and will probably get a touchdown or two from them during this game. Their offense isn't bad either, but I still can't figure out if the Eagles are for real.

Minnesota at St Louis

I guess I should start believing in Brett Favre. He was very impressive Monday night. But he could probably throw left-handed in this game and still spank the Rams. Peterson will have a field day too. I seriously think the Vikings could crack the 50-point barrier. These guys are for real, as long as they stay healthy. Gotta love Jared Allen as well.

Atlanta at San Francisco

Should be one of the games of the week. The 49ers are on a roll, but I think they still struggle to score the ball (three of their touchdowns last week were from defense/special teams). Atlanta has a lot of weapons, and I think they will get the job done in this game. The Falcons by a touchdown.

Houston at Arizona

An upset pick. I just don't trust the Cardinals right now. They've done very little to impress me this season. Houston are supposed to have one of the most loaded offenses in the league (Schaub, Johnson, Walter, Slaton, etc) and I think the Texans will win in a high-scoring affair.

New England at Denver

The Broncos will suffer their first loss of the season. I see this game as Brady vs Orton, and I think you gotta lean towards the guy with three rings, even if he's still adjusting to life back in the NFL. But the Broncos are legitimate, and should contest for a wild-card spot all season long.

Jacksonville at Seattle

The Jaguars have been showing signs of life the last few games, with MJD and Garrard leading the way. Seattle seem to be banged up every single week, and will fall short trying to get their second win of the season.

Indianapolis at Tennessee

I find it incredible that the Titans could start the season 0-5, but I think that is what is going to happen. Manning is just unstoppable right now, and his receivers are all on the same page with him. Tennessee have Chris Johnson, but Kerry Collins is stinking it up a fair bit. Perhaps we'll see Vince Young in the near future...

NY Jets at Miami

I don't trust Sanchez, and I think he got badly exposed against the Saints last week. This should be a fairly close, low-scoring affair, but I think being at home, the Dolphins will get the victory. It's good to see Ronnie Brown putting up some numbers this season.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:22 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:Oakland at NY Giants

The Giants could be the best team in the NFL, and Oakland could be close to the worst. Even if Manning doesn't play, the Giants should destroy, repeat, DESTROY, the Raiders. Victory by 30+? It's possible.

This made me quite upset... i'm your fantasy football zen master and you come out with this lame reasoning about the Raiders could be close to the worse team in football.

aussiebiedrins wrote:Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

The Bucs on the road? No thanks! (I wouldn't take them at home either). Whether or not McNabb plays, the Eagles have a very good defense, and will probably get a touchdown or two from them during this game. Their offense isn't bad either, but I still can't figure out if the Eagles are for real.

But this cheered me up big time.. Cause The BUCS suck more then the RAIDERS and TMC is in for a long year and a long sunday in Fantasy football this week.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am
WEEK 5... SIX DEGREES OF NBA PRESEASON.

Matchups are selected on

strength of NBA Ball Club.
If a NFL team has a NBA Franchise in a city but the other NFL team doesn't then that becomes my default selection
If both teams dont have a NBA team then i'll get creative.

========================
========================

Oakland vs New York -

A good omen is the Raiders beat the Giants in the Stephen Curry Sweepstakes

(NBA MASCOT) Warriors of the earth sea and air never wore undies (KNICKERBOCKERS) Why are all godly creatures like Ken and Barbie dolls with no packages downstairs... I think the Warriors win cause Don Nelson visits with David Stern and clears the air as to why he sucker punched his defensive Assistant.. hang on Nellie doesnt have a Defensive Assistant let alone a Defense.. Stern finds NELLIE Innocent and the RAIDERS Rally around there leader.

========================
========================

Cleveland vs Buffalo-

If LeBron James can chase Braylon Edwards out of town then Cleveland will leave Ralph Wilson Stadium at there own pace... It's ironic how Braylon Edwards gets traded after sucker punching LeBRONS friend... but it's ironic that in 2010 when LBJ moves to New York.. the Edwards vs James will have all the magic of a Vince McMahon type payperview (TheBigApple ain't big enough for 2 Prima Donnas)... Oh yeah as for the football does anyone think Eric Mangini is doing a Kevin McHale of Jerry West and trading KG of the TWOLVES or GASOL of the Grizzles back to there foundation ballclub... If that doesn't prove why loyal dogs can't be stray dogs just on the road and not chilling back at the dogpound.

========================
========================

DALLAS vs Kansas City-

What's in the water in Dallas... Tony Romo and Dirk Nowitzki have both been involved with some off the wall women as of late... Dirks Dig was a theif out on parole breaking the law and breaking his heart... & well Tony Romo dumped probably the most attractive size 16 on the planet.. Who cares if Jessica Simpson has added a dress size or 2... Who wouldn't like to spray baby juice on a face or set like that :D But it doesn't matter in the end of the day cause Tony Romo and Dirk Nowitzki will get there priorities straight at the end of there seasons for a deep playoff push... Who knows these''s 2 Cowboys just might conquer there Brokeback Mountain and get a Plutonic BROmance

========================
========================

Washington vs Carolina-

The Six Degrees of Separation is that Michael Jordan has been general managers of both basketballs team franchises & has set both ball clubs back years... But i expect the Charlotte Bobcats to be the first of the 2 teams to land in the NBA Playoffs.. As good as Gilbert Campbell, Antawn Portis and Santana Butler can be Jim Zorn there coach is just pathetic... They got no John Fox aka LARRY BROWN who's all about the fundamentals & is a Champuionship winner..

========================
========================

Minesota vs St Louis-

When you mention the word the KNICKS you think of New York.. Just like when you think of the Celtics you think of Boston.. But ironically this football matchup is the game of mistaken identies... There's not too many Jazz Musicans living in Utah and i can't remember the last time i saw Killer Hornets in New Orleans. Six Degrees of NBA Preseason is as strange as it's seeing Brett Favre wearing Purple and yellow instead of Green and Gold... This pick is based on someone settling into there new homes... The Lakers love L.A and there a match made in heaven ... The St Louis Rams which they were not living in Misouri and back in the Golden Shores of the L.A Collesium playing in the 2nd largest sports market in the United States.

========================
========================

Tampa Bay vs Philadelphia-

Six Degrees of the year 1976... In 1976 the Philadelphia 76'ers went onto win there division & the EASTERN CONFERENCE and went onto compete in the 1977 NBA Finals Darryl Dawkins & Julius Erving ended up losing to Bill Waltons Portland Trailblazers... But the 1976 Philadelphia's 50-32 season was a lot better then The 1976 Tampa Bay Bucaneers record breaking 0-14 football season.

========================
========================

Pittsburgh vs Detroit

The Writer of the film Ghostbuster 'Harold Ramis' in 1993 would go onto direct a film with hugely amount of Cult following "Groundhog Day" A Pittsburgh weatherman played by Bill Murray would travel to a town called Punxsutawney to film a segment of the upcoming emergence of a weather forcasting Beaver.

9 out of 10 times when the Steelers come to visit the Detroit Lions, it would be the same result as there previous visit... The Exception of this rule was on Thanksgiving of 1998 when Bill Murrary woke up a loser in Detroit instead of Punxsutawney at 16:19 hrs

Lets just hope Matt Stafford wakes up in Punxsutawney one day.

========================
========================

Atlanta vs San Francisco - Jamal Crawford couldn't wait to skip the Bay Area for Atlanta... Mike Singletary won't be able to wait to skip to the dressing room at fulltime after a humilating defeat.

========================
========================

Cincinatti vs Baltimore

University of Cincinatti went onto win the NCAA Championship in 1961 and 1962... Maryland claimed it in 2002 (Ravens won the SB in 2000) I'm going with the Ravens seen it's the most recent appearance.

========================
========================

Jacksonville vs Seattle

The town of Seattle was the most recent city to lose a NBA Team... & Jacksonville appears to be the next town to lose a NFL Team... I'm going with Kevin Durant in his new home being twice the competitor Maurice Jones Drew will turn out to be when the Portland Jaguars get accustom to Oregon

========================
========================

Houston vs Arizona -

Ironically how NASA has never shot a ROCKET into a Phoenix SUNS.. Everyone wants to explore deep space nine but no one wants to ride a streaking missle to the Streaking Hot Suns... Neil Armstrong was the first man to land on the moon but the first man to land on the sun won't be american.... he'll be a Cross Eyed Canadian named Steve Nash..

========================
========================

New England vs Denver

Wow The Master aka 'Bellichick' vs The Apprentice aka "Josh McDaniels" when you groom someone and watch how they evolve you usually have the upper hand on predicting his next move (cause you trained him)

While it's good to be taken to the source, you still need to do the hard yards and dig for the NUGGETS but why not kidnap the Leprachan and get the cheeky little bugger to take you to the end of the rainbow where the gold is already sorted into pots and pans.

========================
========================

Indianapolis vs Tennessee

Larry Bird vs Jerry West... both incredible players and outstanding front office men... the Lakers vs Celtics Rivalry has been met on neutral ground in a friendly Central timezone. Larry Legend went WEST to Indy and Jerry WEST ironically travelled EAST to Memphis to meet a battle of NORTH vs SOUTH... Payton 'Larry Manning' Bird is a lot better skeet shooter then Jerry Kerry WestCollins... So the PACERS in a GRIZZLE Blowout

========================
========================

NY Jets vs Miami-

NBA Teams don't take Dolphins as transport on Westcoast legs of ROAD Games.. It be a long journey to travel around the tip of South America to the PACIFIC OCEAN and not enough Miami Heat for a Dolphin to go thru the icy waters of the Artic Ocean... Did i tell you the NY Jets rhymes with the NY Nets... Rex Ryan must have a lot of frequent flyer points being such a fat man and having to buy first class tickets cause he can't fit into COACH/ECONOMY.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 am
PAWNO wrote:The BUCS suck more then the RAIDERS and TMC is in for a long year and a long sunday in Fantasy football this week.

If that makes you feel better... but it doesn't change the fact that we rout you in the only game that mattered of the last 30 years of both franchises. 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:10 am
Ok, on to the picks!

Cincinatti at Baltimore

The Ravens are still the top team in the AFC, and Cincy will discover they're improved, but still not ready to exchange punches with a true contender.

Cleveland at Buffalo

Hopefully, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch will do more than they did in Miami. Jauron's job is on the line, and it's up to them to save it.

Washington at Carolina

I expect a really close game, as the Redskins D is pretty decent and Carolina's running game has been MIA til now... but I just don't like the way the Redskins play. Their offense just suck, and that's no way to win a key game on the road.

Pittsburgh at Detroit

With Mendenhall adding a new dimension to their running game, the Steelers are back into contention. Doesn't hurt to face the Lions this weekend, of course.

Dallas at Kansas City

The difference on talent is too big... although it wouldn't shock me to see the Chiefs defeat the Cowboys, but it's a long shot, at least.

Oakland at NY Giants

NY should just rest Eli and let Jamarcus beat his own team, something he's got a knack for.

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

We suck. Philly doesn't. Do the math.

Minnesota at St Louis

See above.

Atlanta at San Francisco

One of the games of the week. Atlanta has to win a tough game here and there to be considered a true contender, and SF's D is gonna be a real test for Ryan and Turner. Still, they're talented enough to do it, and the Niners injuries (Gore) might prove too costly for them.

Houston at Arizona

I don't trust the Cards, but the Texans D scares me even more. Arizona should find a way to get yards with the running game, tho. Don't make it an air contest against the Texans and go after their main flaw instead.

New England at Denver

Belichick against McDaniels is intriguing. And even more to see Brady and Moss against a real D. I'm calling this the upset of the week, with the Broncos following the Jets blueprinto to beat the Pats.

Jacksonville at Seattle

MJD and MSW should have a field day beating... Seneca?. I don't trust these Seahawks. Not without Hasselbeck, and even if he's back, I don't think he can be fully healed for this game.

Oh, and the Jags are better than we thought they were...

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Manning to... Garçon???. Sounds weird, but it's working and I bet it won't stop anytime soon.

Oh, and the Titans D might be between the worst 5 of the league. Who wouldda thought it?.

NY Jets at Miami

Run, Ronnie, Run!!!.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board