Steve McNair dies at 36

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in a condominium complex in Nashville, Tennessee, TV station News Channel5 is reporting, citing police.

Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams confirmed the death in a statement on the team’s Web site.

WTVF-TV in Nashville reported police said it looked like a double homicide. A female victim was also found dead.

McNair, 36, retired in April 2008 after 13 seasons in the league.

He played for the Houston Oilers, Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens, and was selected to the Pro Bowl three times. He was the co-NFL MVP in 2003 with the Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning.

McNair led the Titans to the Super Bowl after the 1999 season, where the team lost to the St. Louis Rams 23-16. Receiver Kevin Dyson caught McNair’s final pass with no time remaining and was tackled with the ball inside the 1-yard line.

This really really sucks, he was one of my favorite qb's of all time. one of the toughest and classiest players the world will ever see. he will be missed
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:18 pm
I was shocked when i heard this. It's just so crazy, and at 36, that's so young. It's very saddening whatever the circumstances were. Taken way too early.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:50 pm
Very shocked. He was so young, too. I understand many die each day as well as many are born each day, but man... all the celebrity/athlete deaths have been piling up this summer. It's crazy.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 am
I heard about this at the bar Saturday night, I couldn't believe it. I liked McNair and I was surprised last year when he retired. Though his productivity had fallen off quite a bit over his last several seasons he still could have contributed to another team as a pretty solid backup.

I think the police are leaning towards his death being a murder/suicide.

He'll be missed...

Return to Sports Board