The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 am
who were all those prisoners on the fields?

nevermind, it was the Dutch....

orange...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am
Horrible second half for Brazil, and they deservedly lost. And so unsportsmanlike conduct when they start losing. I'm kind of glad they lost now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:02 am
:shock:

This dutch team is probably one of their worst in the last decade in terms of talent... and look at them, one way away from the final...

btw, serves Brazil well from trying to run from their roots. Next world cup will be at their own home, tho... and they'll be the team to beat.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:51 am
The tropical Portuguese are out. Amazing.

C'mon Uruguay...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 pm
TMC wrote:We lost England for the World Cup, we lost Bigs...

What happened, bro?. Where are thou? :wink:

Hmmmm, not really man..............just havnt been able to watch any games since England went out.

The board as a whole?................well, Im sure you know why Im not really doing much there.

bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ha ha, fooled you...........this is a thread for people (probably just me and TMC) to talk about REAL FOOTBALL!!!........I hesitantly and disgustingly call it, for the benfit of my American chums, Soccer.

Did you realize that the term Soccer is not an american term but rather was created by the English. I read it dates back to the earliest roots of the sport itself and the sport was referred to as soccer as much as it was football. Was only until the last couple of decades that football was used more than soccer.

But when the sport was brought here it was called Soccer and Americans have called it that ever since.

Hmmmm, interesting..................strange flipio of the situation, considering that soccer was the original name and football was what the rest of the world call it.

Anyway, doesnt matter..............its been called football here for my entire life, for my fathers entire life and for grand fathers entire life..................so its football.

Also, I saw a thing that said the term football was coined and applied to the sport in the early days by the common folk! lol...............the name soccer was used by the "gentleman" and football was used by the "scum".

F*ck..................Brazil are out...............man, if Germany put Argentina out (not likely) then this will be the most talentless World Cup in a long time...........in terms of the big/most famous/best players getting the most time out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:F*ck..................Brazil are out...............man, if Germany put Argentina out (not likely) then this will be the most talentless World Cup in a long time...........in terms of the big/most famous/best players getting the most time out there.

Talentless?. I don't know about that. I really like this german team, and Müller and Ozil are two of the top 3 players of the world cup so far, and there's always Spain. We have several flaws, but lack of talent is not one of them. So, as you can see, I don't really agree with that statement.

Still, I'd rather face Argentina than Germany in the semi final if we beat against Paraguay. We defeated Germany in the European Championship final, so there's that revenge factor. And this German team has me really worried, because, offensively, they're probably the most impressive team in the championship (I'm not so sure about their defense, tho...).

Argentina has Messi, so there's that... but I'd rather play them than the German team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 pm
Amazing game. Very heartbreaking for the entire African nation. What a smart sacrifice by Suarez. He'll miss the semis, but if they beat the Dutch, it'll all be worth it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:49 pm
xbay wrote:Amazing game. Very heartbreaking for the entire African nation. What a smart sacrifice by Suarez. He'll miss the semis, but if they beat the Dutch, it'll all be worth it.

Oh my goooooooooood. That game...words cannot describe it. Beautiful. I feel so bad for Africa, and I am beginning to hate on all teams European tempoarily. ARGENTINA!
~LilBallerx~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:05 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:F*ck..................Brazil are out...............man, if Germany put Argentina out (not likely) then this will be the most talentless World Cup in a long time...........in terms of the big/most famous/best players getting the most time out there.

Talentless?. I don't know about that. I really like this german team, and Müller and Ozil are two of the top 3 players of the world cup so far, and there's always Spain. We have several flaws, but lack of talent is not one of them. So, as you can see, I don't really agree with that statement.

Still, I'd rather face Argentina than Germany in the semi final if we beat against Paraguay. We defeated Germany in the European Championship final, so there's that revenge factor. And this German team has me really worried, because, offensively, they're probably the most impressive team in the championship (I'm not so sure about their defense, tho...).

Argentina has Messi, so there's that... but I'd rather play them than the German team.

I don't know how we (Serbia) managed to beat Germany and lose to Australia. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Germany had huge differences in the quality of their games. They thrashed Aussies in the opener, and then lost to us in a very bad game, then played average game against Ghana, and went to destroy England (though, I think it would be a lot different if the ref wasn't blind when Lampard scored).

That's why I don't know what to expect from Germany. I'd go with Argentina because they played good throughout the tournament.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:and I am beginning to hate on all teams European tempoarily.

What have we, Europeans, done to deserve that? :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 am
I've seen a lot of complaining about Suarez committing that handball. So what? I would of done it, too, in that situation. Others probably would of also. Point is, Ghana missed the PK to win the game in overtime. Then they couldn't win during the PKs.

One argument I saw was that the rule was stupid... that it should be an "automatic" goal. That's stupid. Then I suppose defensive pass interference in the end zone should be an automatic touchdown. A clear path foul should be an automatic two points.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:58 am
oranje!

nuff said

(i'm laughing my way to the bank)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 am
And so Argentina goes back home... 0-4, certainly didn't expect something like that, although Germany winning doesn't surprise me.

If we beat Paraguay today, the Spain vs Germany game will be the real final. A pity they have to face each other in the previous round.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:50 am
TMC wrote:And so Argentina goes back home... 0-4, certainly didn't expect something like that, although Germany winning doesn't surprise me.

If we beat Paraguay today, the Spain vs Germany game will be the real final. A pity they have to face each other in the previous round.

wow, what a beatdown that was. Maradona looked so sad (and he had the look since the second goal was scored).

As for the Spain-Paraguay game, I hope we don't underestimate our opponent. But if we do win, what a tough match we have against Germany. Third time in the tourney they've scored 4 goals.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:56 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:As for the Spain-Paraguay game, I hope we don't underestimate our opponent. But if we do win, what a tough match we have against Germany. Third time in the tourney they've scored 4 goals.

Well, Paragauy is the worst team in this round. That's a fact. They have a couple of decent strikers (although Cardozo doesn't even play) and a good defense, so I expect a similar game to the one against Portugal.

Guess that what I'm trying to say is that they're not terrible, but the difference between both teams is so big that if we lose, it will be our fault. I mean, it'd be like the Lakers losing to the Kings in a 7th game... May happen?. Of course... but if it does, it will have more to do with the top team beating itself than anything else.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board