The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:19 pm
First, way too long... got bored after 40 seconds of commercial.

Second, where are our guys? (oh, yeah, it's only a nike feature... :mrgreen: )

Third, ain't it ironic that Ronaldinho is one of the stars of the commercial... when he's not even gonna play at the world cup? :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:14 am
TMC wrote:First, way too long... got bored after 40 seconds of commercial.

Second, where are our guys? (oh, yeah, it's only a nike feature... :mrgreen: )

Third, ain't it ironic that Ronaldinho is one of the stars of the commercial... when he's not even gonna play at the world cup? :wink:


I really liked it. Thought it was well done and real creative. The only part I didn't like was any part with Ronaldo in it. :mrgreen:

I'd like to see Adidas come out and counter this commercial. If Ronaldo is the coverboy, sweetheart for Nike soccer, Messi's gotta be incorporated in some type of Adidas commercial, other than this one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hMSL7vyD0[/youtube]
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:38 am
F*ck Mourinho... Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:34 pm
Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:13 pm
xbay wrote:Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!


Who's the last friendly against?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:09 am
xbay wrote:Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!



I like Jozy Altidore A LOT. Not for what he is, but for what he can become. I'm definitely rooting for him, as that kid had a world of potential.


btw, don't know if it was posted or not (I remember reading that... just don't remember where. It could even have been here), but he played DE before his mum told him that football was too dangerous and decided to try soccer instead. And so far, so good... That's the best thing that could have happened to team USA, that kid that was built like a football DE opted for soccer instead.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!



I like Jozy Altidore A LOT. Not for what he is, but for what he can become. I'm definitely rooting for him, as that kid had a world of potential.


btw, don't know if it was posted or not (I remember reading that... just don't remember where. It could even have been here), but he played DE before his mum told him that football was too dangerous and decided to try soccer instead. And so far, so good... That's the best thing that could have happened to team USA, that kid that was built like a football DE opted for soccer instead.


Jozy a DE??? Hes never seemed that big to me. Onyewu on the other hand, that dude is ripped as hell.

Man I didnt know people were actually talking REAL football in this section of the board, if I did I would have checked it out alot earlier.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:44 am
metalface wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!



I like Jozy Altidore A LOT. Not for what he is, but for what he can become. I'm definitely rooting for him, as that kid had a world of potential.


btw, don't know if it was posted or not (I remember reading that... just don't remember where. It could even have been here), but he played DE before his mum told him that football was too dangerous and decided to try soccer instead. And so far, so good... That's the best thing that could have happened to team USA, that kid that was built like a football DE opted for soccer instead.


Jozy a DE??? Hes never seemed that big to me. Onyewu on the other hand, that dude is ripped as hell.

Man I didnt know people were actually talking REAL football in this section of the board, if I did I would have checked it out alot earlier.


Hence the "Soccer in the colonies" reference. :mrgreen:

Jozy as a DE is interesting. He doesn't look that big... is he? I'm glad he chose Football over AMERICAN Football... wise decision.

Oh and Pawno... our last friendly is Australia.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:26 pm
metalface wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Dunno if anyone caught the USA/Turkey friendly, but I'll just summarize it just for the heck of it.

First half was ehhh. Second half the US stepped their game up. They pressured the ball more and their defense was superb in a couple goal stops. Tim Howard was great goalkeeping. Donovan and Finley were fantastic on their passes. It was great to see Altidore score, too. We need him to start striking better. Basically, so-so first half, great second half. On to South Africa for one more friendly and then England!



I like Jozy Altidore A LOT. Not for what he is, but for what he can become. I'm definitely rooting for him, as that kid had a world of potential.


btw, don't know if it was posted or not (I remember reading that... just don't remember where. It could even have been here), but he played DE before his mum told him that football was too dangerous and decided to try soccer instead. And so far, so good... That's the best thing that could have happened to team USA, that kid that was built like a football DE opted for soccer instead.


Jozy a DE??? Hes never seemed that big to me. Onyewu on the other hand, that dude is ripped as hell.


Yep. I'll look for it, but I read that article somewhere... I'll take a look for it and will post it if I'm able to find it.

metalface wrote:Man I didnt know people were actually talking REAL football in this section of the board, if I did I would have checked it out alot earlier.


Welcome to the thread, then, mate. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 pm
Man. The injuries are already pileing up before the world cup has even started. Essien, Ferdinand, altidore and drogba all out.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 am
metalface wrote:Man. The injuries are already pileing up before the world cup has even started. Essien, Ferdinand, altidore and drogba all out.


The injury to Drogba basically ended my hopes of Ivory Coast being my darkhorse. I had them beating Portugal... looks like I'm going to have to reverse that.

I think Altidore will be fine. I heard Bob Bradley say he expects him to be there next week against England.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:55 am
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:Man. The injuries are already pileing up before the world cup has even started. Essien, Ferdinand, altidore and drogba all out.


The injury to Drogba basically ended my hopes of Ivory Coast being my darkhorse. I had them beating Portugal... looks like I'm going to have to reverse that.


I never thought too much of Ivory Coast. They are (were) dangerous, but too anarchic. Just a BAD, BAD team in defense (and with a below average GK), and all the talent in the worl upfront ain't enough to make them a contender for the second round.

Now it's absolutely over, tho. Without Drogba, they just suck.



From the african teams, I like Ghana the most, tho. Even without Essien.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:46 am
Facking sh*t balls I cant believe Rio gets injured a week before!!! :banghead:

Now Michael Dawson is his replacement.................. :cry:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 am
bigstrads wrote:Facking sh*t balls I cant believe Rio gets injured a week before!!! :banghead:

Now Michael Dawson is his replacement.................. :cry:


I like Dawson a lot more than Rio at this point of their careers, bro... :wink:



(Fire away!!!. I know you want to...) :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:03 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Facking sh*t balls I cant believe Rio gets injured a week before!!! :banghead:

Now Michael Dawson is his replacement.................. :cry:


I like Dawson a lot more than Rio at this point of their careers, bro... :wink:



(Fire away!!!. I know you want to...) :mrgreen:


As a long suffering Spurs fan..............Ill let you believe that without tearing yo ass apart. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest