The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 pm
u think osasuna will survive this year TMC?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:u think osasuna will survive this year TMC?

Already did, mate. They're 6 points above relegation with 1 game to go. Next year will be another challenge, tho, because they have to sign somebody upfront or will have trouble again.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:26 pm
TMC wrote:

Already did, mate. They're 6 points above relegation with 1 game to go. Next year will be another challenge, tho, because they have to sign somebody upfront or will have trouble again.

thought you were done with that silly sport TMC?

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

holy crap, there's one game left... i cannot believe we are in Mid May. You are right. I remember the Barca vs Madrid game that was like a month ago as if it was yesterday.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:03 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yes, this is a public service, just me answering questions to people in need of support and counseling. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yes, this is a public service, just me answering questions to people in need of support and counseling. :mrgreen:

I must admit, i only really get excited for soccer every 2 years. @ the Olympics & @ the World Cup.

But i am starting to take more of a interest in the day to day aspect of the game... so who knows, when i latch onto a proper team (not the Orients) then i the Alligator man might just in fact go to Europe and paint his face and pack his inflatable toys.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:57 am
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=9230

GET INVOLVED LEG SHAVERS!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm
Oguchi Onyewu's gonna play next year for free for AC Milan. Gotta say nice gesture... when will you ever see a professional athlete ever do that in the NBA, NFL, or MLB? Even if it's just for one year? That's very cool of him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 pm
xbay wrote:Oguchi Onyewu's gonna play next year for free for AC Milan. Gotta say nice gesture... when will you ever see a professional athlete ever do that in the NBA, NFL, or MLB? Even if it's just for one year? That's very cool of him.

That's not exact, but almost.

What he agreed to is to an extension. His current deal (current til yesterday, that is) ended in 2012, and he asked for a one year extension, til june 2013, that he will play for free.

So it's not going to be next year, and if he doesn't perform as expected, AC Milan will probably trade him, so he still wouldn't be playing for free. Keep in mind transfers in Europe are different and you have to sign a new contract with the new team, so this deal is only valid if he stays with AC Milan during the 2013 season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Oguchi Onyewu's gonna play next year for free for AC Milan. Gotta say nice gesture... when will you ever see a professional athlete ever do that in the NBA, NFL, or MLB? Even if it's just for one year? That's very cool of him.

What he agreed to is to an extension. His current deal (current til yesterday, that is) ended in 2012, and he asked for a one year extension, til june 2013, that he will play for free.

So it's not going to be next year, and if he doesn't perform as expected, AC Milan will probably trade him, so he still wouldn't be playing for free. Keep in mind transfers in Europe are different and you have to sign a new contract with the new team, so this deal is only valid if he stays with AC Milan during the 2013 season.

I see.

Damn you American media. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Don Nelson will be coaching this organization/managing after his upcoming season for FREE!!!

I'm sure Don Nelson don't earn Onyewu money, but i bet Don Nelson is more money hungry then this fool!!! :bday:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 am
TMC wrote:

Looks like a very smart move to get try to get that money for two more years

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:26 pm
First moves taking place:

* Villa signs for Barça in a €40 million deal.

* Mourinho is about to sign for Madrid Image
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:11 am
TMC wrote:* Mourinho is about to sign for Madrid Image

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [-(
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:30 pm
All I can say is wow...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board